Page 284 of 376 FirstFirst ... 184234274280281282283284285286287288294334 ... LastLast
Results 4,246 to 4,260 of 5626
    Spectacular Member

Mark waid would be fired and blacklisted tomorrow if he so much as even thinks about touching the marriage or Jon

So he’s making the most of it by bringing back the secret identity

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    While I do feel like the identity reveal had potential, nothing really happened with it. I mean, we got some cool moments from when he told people like Jimmy, Perry, and even the Lombard scene was kinda cool, but overall it didn't really accomplish anything. Was prob just a matter of time before they put the cat back in the bag... wonder how long they've been planning it?

Better off with the secret identity, so will be for the best.
    It is noted that after making such a big deal about, much of Bendis' stories afterwards did nothing with it instead focusing on Superman specific stories like him fighting a magic God or another alien.

He didn't really use it well.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Honestly seems weird; while I wasn't the biggest fan of the reveal, I have to admit, the upcoming "Supercorp" stuff makes it look like this is the best time to explore Clark without a secret identity.
    We don't know exactly how the Supercorp stuff is going to work quite yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m guessing if they ever do restore a kid Jon it will be a Trunks situation. We’ll have the kid and the older version co-existing.
    That's more or less all I've been asking for for SO long.

Though for now, I can at least rejoice in one of Bendis' horrible decisions being overturned.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    It is noted that after making such a big deal about, much of Bendis' stories afterwards did nothing with it instead focusing on Superman specific stories like him fighting a magic God or another alien.

He didn't really use it well.
    But how can you deny such now classic villains as Red Cloud, Rogol Zorr, and that dinosaur-headed guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    We don't know exactly how the Supercorp stuff is going to work quite yet.
    True, I'm just saying with what we know so far.

But how can you deny such now classic villains as Red Cloud, Rogol Zorr, and that dinosaur-headed guy?
    Red Cloud had potential but she really petered out by the end.

Has there ebeen any new villain that you think might stay ? I can't really think of any. The Phantom King definitely though.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I'm reminded of that magic guy he introduced in the crossover with Dr. Fate.

Because of course Bendis made said character an uber-crisis level threat as like the originator of magic or whatever, that forced the forces of Order and Chaos to team up to seal them.

I remember that one since it appeared in the last of his Justice League run where despite being an ancient threat it spoke like a modern teenager. Its very much of instance of Bendis forcibly trying to create a "big deal character" and making them all consuming important like Gold Lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Has there ebeen any new villain that you think might stay ? I can't really think of any. The Phantom King definitely though.
    Who's the Phantom King?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Only one from Bendis I think has a chance in hell of ever showing up again are Red Cloud & the Invisible Mafia. No one else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I'm reminded of that magic guy he introduced in the crossover with Dr. Fate.

Because of course Bendis made said character an uber-crisis level threat as like the originator of magic or whatever, that forced the forces of Order and Chaos to team up to seal them.

I remember that one since it appeared in the last of his Justice League run where despite being an ancient threat it spoke like a modern teenager. Its very much of instance of Bendis forcibly trying to create a "big deal character" and making them all consuming important like Gold Lantern.

Who's the Phantom King?
    Xa-Du the Phantom King, created by Morrison during their New 52 Action run. Only new villain they created that other people have used, Bendis and Cloonrad both had him show up in their Superman and WW runs respectively.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Getting rid or reinstating the secret identity is pointless because COIE eroded alot of the value of it. The differences at this point are just little winks and nudges rather than anything that really matters. When the SI come back it won't be much different than when they were gone which wasn't much different than when he had them.
    Last edited by The World; 11-23-2022 at 07:42 PM.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Incredible Member

Well, I guess that's that. It sure is funny to see PKJ proclaiming the virtues of the secret identity with... almost the same enthusiasm he previously proclaimed that "he never understood why someone as devoted to truth as Superman would have a secret identity". I figure this is mostly on Williamson, since PKJ seems uninterested in playing with the regular Clark Kent status quo, and Taylor will be going on some multiversal arc where secret identities are unlikely to be relevant.

Can't say I care that much about this. People weren't using the secret ID before Bendis took it away, then they didn't use the public ID for anything of any interest, so whatever. Here's hoping Williamson can write some good Daily Planet stuff.

Re:The latest Action Comics issue, it was okay, nothing too exciting or that we couldn't predict from the previous one, but okay. Clark using vision powers on the Warworld people almost looked like he was branding them until I realized he had developed some sort of S-crest-manifesting vision. Still didn't like it, even if I appreciate the silliness of Clark manifesting articles of clothing with his crest on people. PKJ has gone on and on about his story dealing with the dangers of hero worship, and it's really just a thoroughly half-assed approach to it.

Everything with Lex and Metallo was the most predictable thing in the world, though I did like how, even at his most sympathetic, Metallo remains someone who kills without a second thought. Manchester Black conspiring with Lex was fine, though it'd have definitely helped if he had done... anything at all in the Warworld Saga.

Bibbo was pretty good, and we got what's most likely the foundation of Osul's character and story from now on. Clark going "you expected an easy fight and a member of my family, and you'll get neither" was also enjoyable, as was his whole confrontation with Orion.

Back-up was good, too. Going to miss Thao-La, definitely the best character PKJ has introduced so far.

Another more recent interview, I’ll try to watch and summarize some time after Thanksgiving.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

DC keeps going in circles... shake ups things, then going back to basics and shake ups things again few years later.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dagothoth View Post
    Mark waid would be fired and blacklisted tomorrow if he so much as even thinks about touching the marriage or Jon
    He's said as much in interviews that there's no getting rid of the Super-Marriage, but that doesn't necessarily mean they can't shake it up for drama. He could have, in his role as 'architect' worked out a way for the Superman 2000 pitch to work short-term, Lois not knowing the secret but remaining married to Clark would open new dramatic possibilities for at least a whole year.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

lol, right.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Red Cloud had potential but she really petered out by the end.
    Romita's art after he took over didn't really help matters, imo. Looked less like a "cloud" and more like a grotesque statue.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Only one from Bendis I think has a chance in hell of ever showing up again are Red Cloud & the Invisible Mafia. No one else.
    I did like the Invisible Mafia and think it would be cool to see some stuff with them and Lex in a power grab/struggle type situation.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog