Page 268 of 376 FirstFirst ... 168218258264265266267268269270271272278318368 ... LastLast
Results 4,006 to 4,020 of 5626
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

So, since I haven't seen it posted anywhere else (kind of shocked), I'll just say it: they're making the Superman family the Fantastic Four-- well, more specifically Hickman's Future Foundation.

It's not a one to one comparison like, say, The Terrifics, but I suspect that's mainly because the the Terrifics were a novelty act, but this is Williamson and DC genuinely trying to get this to stick. But the compassions are as follows: matching logoed outfits, seemingly a "Superman Tower" that they now work out of, Jon literally having a "flame on" mode, and trying to change the world via advancements in tech and science via Nat. And very, very clearly Osul-Ra and his sister (aka the twins) are Franklin and Val. Osul himself seems to have powers that likely outclass a Kryptonian (given the fact that they come from an Old God) and we see hits of them last issue. You could probably even compare the New Gods to the X-Men in that they may one day come to get Osul because of what he is to them now.

There's other little bits in here too. Like, on the cover for Superman #1 did you notice the building where the 'S' is atop is actually Lex Crop HQ? If you zoom in you can see that the building is shaped in the LL as seen in Pre-52. With Lex in jail that seems to mean Mercy runs the place now, but why would she allow the 'S' to be atop the building? My guess is that it has to do with Lex apparently wanting "his" Superman to be the Superman the world looks to. Well, his only known successful Superman is Conner Kent, right?

What if Lex left all of his money to Conner, and that's how the new Superman family funds and runs this whole operation? Mercy would run the thing, but would likely be grooming Conner to I guess take over and dethrone Clark, maybe? I'd be shocked if Lex was thinking of yet another new Superman.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I'm now thinking that because Jon was so completely focused on the Gamora and Bendix problem, he accidentally wound up ignoring Metropolis leading to a small crime wave.

Which granted Clark was focused entirely on the Warworld problem but that was more of an immediate problem that he dealt with first chance he got, while Jon just kinda sat on his for 10 issues until he actually started doing something about Bendix.
    I even funnier to think that Jon's whole tagline at the time was "the superman of Metropolis" and he does nothing in metropolis other than that botch Sea monster rescue

since Clark Left:
    -Fear state happens with scarecrow taking over Gotham
    -Wonder woman was dealing with the Trial of the amazons
    -Damian was doing the whole Lazurus fighting tournament
    -The Lantern corp got destroyed and the emerald knight stuff happen
    -suicide squad went to earth 3 and deposed Ultraman
    -Titan tower blew up
    -Jon was doing the whole Bendix
    -Deathstroke took over the secret society
    -A war between Deathstroke and Talia erupted because of Geo-force
    -Luthor was funding Batman Inc to do his dirty work for sometime
    -Flash (Barry) disappears and the justice league incarnate got nearly shatter after machinehead betrayal
    -Parliament of gear form and the green once again is trying to counter that with the eradication of human (again)
    -Supergirl left to space for her birthday and did all that space odyssey
    -Task force z was happening
    there other stuff but I think this long enough
    Last edited by Venomized-spider-man; 10-09-2022 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    So, since I haven't seen it posted anywhere else (kind of shocked), I'll just say it: they're making the Superman family the Fantastic Four-- well, more specifically Hickman's Future Foundation.

It's not a one to one comparison like, say, The Terrifics, but I suspect that's mainly because the the Terrifics were a novelty act, but this is Williamson and DC genuinely trying to get this to stick. But the compassions are as follows: matching logoed outfits, seemingly a "Superman Tower" that they now work out of, Jon literally having a "flame on" mode, and trying to change the world via advancements in tech and science via Nat. And very, very clearly Osul-Ra and his sister (aka the twins) are Franklin and Val. Osul himself seems to have powers that likely outclass a Kryptonian (given the fact that they come from an Old God) and we see hits of them last issue. You could probably even compare the New Gods to the X-Men in that they may one day come to get Osul because of what he is to them now.

There's other little bits in here too. Like, on the cover for Superman #1 did you notice the building where the 'S' is atop is actually Lex Crop HQ? If you zoom in you can see that the building is shaped in the LL as seen in Pre-52. With Lex in jail that seems to mean Mercy runs the place now, but why would she allow the 'S' to be atop the building? My guess is that it has to do with Lex apparently wanting "his" Superman to be the Superman the world looks to. Well, his only known successful Superman is Conner Kent, right?

What if Lex left all of his money to Conner, and that's how the new Superman family funds and runs this whole operation? Mercy would run the thing, but would likely be grooming Conner to I guess take over and dethrone Clark, maybe? I'd be shocked if Lex was thinking of yet another new Superman.
    I feel like the matching "team uniforms" in the style of the FF worked better for the Terrifics than the Superfamily.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like the matching "team uniforms" in the style of the FF worked better for the Terrifics than the Superfamily.
    I love ‘em, they just need to give Conner or Jon a different haircut to make the two more different.

Interesting analysis, I would love you to be right because Hickman being on an influence on the Superbooks is an exciting idea. Lex seems to be first trying to influence Clark, apparently he’s building a signal watch to talk to Clark while imprisoned, but obviously Clark isn’t going to listen. I would love to see Lex try next to groom Conner to take over, does that make Lex the Doom of this run? Heh I hope he gets to punk some Galactic Golems then.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Interesting analysis, I would love you to be right because Hickman being on an influence on the Superbooks is an exciting idea. Lex seems to be first trying to influence Clark, apparently he’s building a signal watch to talk to Clark while imprisoned, but obviously Clark isn’t going to listen. I would love to see Lex try next to groom Conner to take over, does that make Lex the Doom of this run? Heh I hope he gets to punk some Galactic Golems then.
    Oh, really? Where did you hear about the signal watch thing? That completely changes my prediction for Conner. In that case, it seems the "Lex's Superman" will indeed be Clark himself. Makes sense given the fact that Williamson said it, and his book is about Clark. I also recall Williamson saying that Lex and Clark could've been the best of friends. Maybe the idea is to finally make good on the prospect of "if Lex and Clark ever teamed up they'd solve everything". So Lex may actually be instructing Mercy to have Lex Crop at Clark and the Superman family's full disposal? I now doubt Lex's plan has anything to do with Conner.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Oh, really? Where did you hear about the signal watch thing? That completely changes my prediction for Conner. In that case, it seems the "Lex's Superman" will indeed be Clark himself. Makes sense given the fact that Williamson said it, and his book is about Clark. I also recall Williamson saying that Lex and Clark could've been the best of friends. Maybe the idea is to finally make good on the prospect of "if Lex and Clark ever teamed up they'd solve everything". So Lex may actually be instructing Mercy to have Lex Crop at Clark and the Superman family's full disposal? I now doubt Lex's plan has anything to do with Conner.
    Williamson's Action #1050 story has Lex Luthor building his own Jimmy Olsen signal watch, "but it sounds awful," he jokes.
    https://www.thepopverse.com/fly-into...ennedy-johnson

If Lex does focus solely on Clark that still offers potential indirectly for Conner. Both Clark and Lex then would have passed him over as the ideal replacement for Clark.

Given Clark said Warworld isn’t going to be permanently in orbit over Earth, I’m guessing Zod is going to come calling and want it, and the Phaelosians, for New Krypton. That would be in line with Kaminski’s hint that Zod will be involved in the books next year.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I guess, but Conner's not in Williamson's book where all of this Lex and Clark stuff will be explored. And over in PKJ's book it seems like he'll be most focused on Clark, then the twins, and then Nat and the worldbuilding. He might do something that pertains to this Lex and Clark thing for an arc or something, but it doesn't strike me as any sort of driving factor in the book as far as I see it now.

And regardless of where the Phaelosians go, the main idea still stands. They're out there and apparently as strong as this new Clark. Before this members of the United Planets turned a blind eye to them being abducted by Warworld, so that's still floating around there.

Incredible Member

I remember PKJ mentioning early on that his next arc after Warworld would be something multiversal. Everything indicates that this no longer applies, though I wonder why plans changed if that were the case. SoKE sales? Williamson getting interested in the Super books?

Zod clashing with Clark over the Phaelosians sounds like an obvious plot, yeah. The United Planets not wanting the Phaelosians may even make Clark and Zod have to work together. Given the focus on the extended House of El, I'll assume the full House of Zod will make its appearance too. Oh, I'm going to hate seeing Lor-Zod again.

I love ‘em, they just need to give Conner or Jon a different haircut to make the two more different.
    I mean, the characters look fine in them, but it just doesn't really look like them to me.

Like, other than the hair (and I guess the belt) I don't think her suit is very Kara.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, the characters look fine in them, but it just doesn't really look like them to me.

Like, other than the hair (and I guess the belt) I don't think her suit is very Kara.
    It’s very Morrison’s New X-Men where they’re trading in their individual looks to instead be more of a team via matching jackets.

People seem very receptive to the idea judging by all the fanart being made.

It’s very Morrison’s New X-Men where they’re trading in their individual looks to instead be more of a team via matching jackets.

People seem very receptive to the idea judging by all the fanart being made.
    It's the Batfamily effect. Distinct characters in a group with some shared traits, but not everything, are boiled down to one word adjectives and their group dynamics are forced to more resemble the interactions between those adjectives and not what their dynamics actually are, often times being just what some people want to happen between characters and doesn't resemble at all what is the actual canon or reality.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

So jon is henry cavil now? That looks like snyder suit..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Looks like the page division starting with Action 1051 is 20 pages for PKJ and 10 each for Jurgens/Williams. No price increase for 1051!

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    It's the Batfamily effect. Distinct characters in a group with some shared traits, but not everything, are boiled down to one word adjectives and their group dynamics are forced to more resemble the interactions between those adjectives and not what their dynamics actually are, often times being just what some people want to happen between characters and doesn't resemble at all what is the actual canon or reality.
    I’m sure fanon Superfamily is a total abomination (assuming your average tumblr/Twitter user even knows who all the Superfamily members are).
    Last edited by Vordan; 10-09-2022 at 07:52 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Looks like the page division starting with Action 1051 is 20 pages for PKJ and 10 for Jurgens/Williams. No price increase for 1051!

I’m sure fanon Superfamily is a total abomination (assuming your average tumblr/Twitter user even knows who all the Superfamily members are).
    Its ain't fandom if it wasn't overtly saccharine sugary sweetness.

Hell over on Dragon Ball people like to imagine that Piccolo and Gohan have a way closer relationship than what they actually have.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Looks like the page division starting with Action 1051 is 20 pages for PKJ and 10 each for Jurgens/Williams. No price increase for 1051!

Gotta imagine is someone is getting paid less here, but maybe they anticipate the sales bump will be enough to cover costs.