Page 274 of 376 FirstFirst ... 174224264270271272273274275276277278284324374 ... LastLast
Results 4,096 to 4,110 of 5626
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    That is an interesting idea and if well executed I could see it having a lasting impact on the franchise. So it probably isn't happening.
    I'd say it's maybe a little more likely than not at all.

The Super Twins (Otho and Osul) seem to have been made in the mold of Superman & Lois' Jon and Jordan. How likely though, I couldn't say.

I'm interested in how the new white sun powered Clark will interact with his new son's growing god powers. Apparently Clark may even be powerful enough to time travel under his own power of flight now. It makes him particularly well equipped to handle the growing pains of what seems like it will be a special needs young god of a son.

Also Orion just straight up compares his childhood to Osul's. I'd be shocked if PKJ was just making that parallel for the fun of it, and that it wouldn't result in Osul being "medicated" by a Mother Box of some kind to help him. I mean, he can't just walk around with the powers of universe creating god while he's 11 years old.

Even Franklin Richards under Hickman didn't do that. His powers were held in check by Leach till the points where they needed them.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I really hope Metallo's sister isn't dead. It's what I figured would happen to spur him out, but I'd prefer it if he just believes she's dead, then eventually Superman saves her.

Love the power ups coming for Superman. Everyone knows how majorly pessimistic I've been the last few years and I totally expected them to keep him lesser powered for longer than they did. So while I was pleasantly surprised that he got his powers back at the end of the Warworld arc, I'm even more surprised now. Even with the course correct to focus back on Superman, I wasn't expecting him to get outright more powerful than he was.

Really at this stage the last thing I want that's at least in the realm of possibility is to put the secret identity back. They do that, my ratio of things I like about the status quo vs things I dislike becomes about even. And might I suggest that if he's going to be able to time travel soon, that's something Superman could fix himself. Maybe if not just for him and his privacy, he realizes things being out as they are aren't fair to Lois, and now the two new kids.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-25-2022 at 01:57 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I'd say it's maybe a little more likely than not at all.

The Super Twins (Otho and Osul) seem to have been made in the mold of Superman & Lois' Jon and Jordan. How likely though, I couldn't say.

I'm interested in how the new white sun powered Clark will interact with his new son's growing god powers. Apparently Clark may even be powerful enough to time travel under his own power of flight now. It makes him particularly well equipped to handle the growing pains of what seems like it will be a special needs young god of a son.

Also Orion just straight up compares his childhood to Osul's. I'd be shocked if PKJ was just making that parallel for the fun of it, and that it wouldn't result in Osul being "medicated" by a Mother Box of some kind to help him. I mean, he can't just walk around with the powers of universe creating god while he's 11 years old.

Even Franklin Richards under Hickman didn't do that. His powers were held in check by Leach till the points where they needed them.
    PKJ hasn't been in communication with Waid apparently. Superman and Supergirl casually being able to time travel under their own power was a significant aspect of the last arc of World's finest. I'm hoping they don't contradict each other.

Now I'm kind of reminded of how there were ideas for Jon to have a sister.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I'm actually reminded of the Super Twins from the 30th century, Ronan Kent and Rowan Kent. The bother and sister from PKJ's House of El Future State book.

Well, them and Paul's son and daughter twin children from the continuations of the Dune book. The young son in that book even becomes a god. And it's one of PKJ's bigger influences as he himself has admitted.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Listening to the Word Balloon with PKJ:
    -His Action run is aiming to be more serious and darker than what Williamson is planning, which will be more in line with STAS
    Nice tonal balance!
    -Talked with another podcaster about how anime/manga handles fights, wants to incorporate some of that for Superman, reiterates that Superman will be very powerful going forward
    Hopefully it lives up to that kind of hype.
    -Teases that something is coming up featuring Steel and Lana, given it’s Steel and Conner’s 30th Anniversaries next year, maybe they’re holding Conner’s book back to launch around that time? And Steel might get his own mini? Sounds like he and Lana are still a couple
    I'm down for more Steel.
    -Osul and Otho will be filling the “kids” role for Clark and Lois and letting them have a second chance after what happened with Jon
    I get it, I'm just curious how readers will respond.
    -Lex will be in Action but different from how Williamson uses him (is not a fan of Lex growing up in Smallville with Clark)
    I guess the perks of "everything happened" is that writers can use whatever origins/takes suit their fancy to the point where we have no established origin and just use whatever works.
    -Talks a little bit about the Superfamily, Kara as the Kryptonian one, Conner as the one who wants to be Superman’s son but isn’t, and how that affects his relationship with Jon/the twins, how does Jon feel about his new adopted siblings - there might be some jealousy there
    Interesting. I feel like that was maybe there from Conners' inception but it feels like they came to emphasize the brothers/cloning aspect more. Not that it's wrong, just kind of feels weird to see it come up now and not something I naturally think about in regards to Conner and might just be there for more character drama.

Seems weird for Jon to have jealousy to his siblings as an adult.

He also mentioned that he thinks the Superfamily is at full capacity, doesn’t plan on adding anymore, but any Superfamily members not in his lead story could still show up in the backups. And really once you have Bibbo:

Who else do you need?

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Seems weird for Jon to have jealousy to his siblings as an adult.
    I’m not sure it will be jealousy, he didn’t say specifically, but he did say that Jon will be feeling a certain way about the twins being approximately the same age he was when he left with Jor-El, and I could see some conflict over them getting to have the happy upbringing he missed out on. Or I could see him bonding with them because they’ve both been put through hell and survived, Jon on Earth 3, the twins on Warworld.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

He also mentioned that he thinks the Superfamily is at full capacity, doesn’t plan on adding anymore, but any Superfamily members not in his lead story could still show up in the backups. And really once you have Bibbo:

Who else do you need?
    Too bad for Superwoman fans (I guess).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Too bad for Superwoman fans (I guess).
    Lana specifically seems to be a bit of a special case, she’s likely not here because she’s going to be in whatever Steel project is coming. Don’t know if she’ll have powers there, I’m expecting she won’t. John Henry is said to still be important for this run despite not being on the main team, so I wouldn’t rule out Lana maybe showing up, PKJ and John talked about how they liked Lana as the Foggy Nelson friend who can get up in the hero’s face and tell them when they’re fucking up. But Power Girl for example won’t be a part of the main Superfamily story, just the backups.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Lana specifically seems to be a bit of a special case, she’s likely not here because she’s going to be in whatever Steel project is coming. Don’t know if she’ll have powers there, I’m expecting she won’t. John Henry is said to still be important for this run despite not being on the main team, so I wouldn’t rule out Lana maybe showing up, PKJ and John talked about how they liked Lana as the Foggy Nelson friend who can get up in the hero’s face and tell them when they’re fucking up. But Power Girl for example won’t be a part of the main Superfamily story, just the backups.
    I just want a Steel book so it's not Nat who always gets the promotion...

I guess that makes sense, even if it relegates Kara to token girl status (other than the girl twin).

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Can someone explain what Orion's deal is now? Why is he working with Desaad and Kalibak? The last Fourth World stuff I read was Mister Miracle and that book sort of side-stepped the mess that the New 52 had made of the characters.

Also, could someone explain the appeal of Bobo to me? I don't dislike the character, but I don't really understand the affection people seem to have for him. He always feels like a blue collar stereotype to me.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Can someone explain what Orion's deal is now? Why is he working with Desaad and Kalibak? The last Fourth World stuff I read was Mister Miracle and that book sort of side-stepped the mess that the New 52 had made of the characters.

Also, could someone explain the appeal of Bobo to me? I don't dislike the character, but I don't really understand the affection people seem to have for him. He always feels like a blue collar stereotype to me.
    Its a thing relating to the Justice Incarnate miniseries I believe

Darkseid is currently serving the Darkness so Orion has decided to take over Apokolips as he tends to do whenever Darkseid isn't in charge
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 10-26-2022 at 02:43 AM.

Last time I liked Orion was probably Azzarello's WW run.

So Osul-Ra is the next son of Superman with the potential to be stronger than Clark Kent.