Page 318 of 375 FirstFirst ... 218268308314315316317318319320321322328368 ... LastLast
Results 4,756 to 4,770 of 5625
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

This was a fun issue, pretty good stuff. Looking forward to how this goes along, and hopefully the rest of the superteam gets more focus.

Steelworks tower being bigger than Lexcorp is a hilarious mention.

The back-ups were quite good too, though Power Girl's could be a bit too wordy.

Cheeky @PhillipKJohnson. Great issue, excited for the next one.

Heh. That devil @RafaSandoval75 did this on his own.
    Lol I was wondering if that was a Sandoval thing, putting a PKJ cameo in.
    https://twitter.com/phillipkjohnson/...6Z39ZFehhVcv0Q

Yes indeed. Steelworks Tower, the first installation of the Global Energy Research Institute, affectionately called “G.E.R.I.” by faculty and staff.

please tell me you have plans for my girl?!

PLANS, yes. Would love to bring her back and I expect to. Also, when that day comes she’ll have a proper costume befitting a battle-tested Warworld Phaelosian

I bet Thao will return as part of that big Zod story he teased about wanting to get back to which would involve the Phaelosians to end his run. Come full circle by ending his run with Thao like how her arrival kicked his run off.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Once again, I genuinely don't get what DC is thinking with this. This just creates resentment from fans still upset at Jon's age-up by rubbing in how unfair it was and how he's getting replaced.

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post

Once again, I genuinely don't get what DC is thinking with this. This just creates resentment from fans still upset at Jon's age-up by rubbing in how unfair it was and how he's getting replaced.
    I can understand what they are doing. They've kinda written themselves into a wall with Jon and this gets us back to seeing Lois and Superman as parents with young children. I get it. I'm someone who can't stand everything they've chosen to do with Jon since he was originally introduced. We never got to see this story play out naturally and we probably never will. That's why I think they should fully embrace how anomalous a character Jon actually is. But I digress, It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

People complain when they ignore it (like Taylor did) and they complain when the unpleasant side of it all is acknowledged, as is done here. No real way to make people happy so whatever provides story material is the route to go. PKJ has indicated Kon thinks Jon is the golden child for Clark while Jon thinks the Twins are that. Maybe this is being done as a way to give Jon and Kon common ground, Kon’s “spot” was taken by Jon and now Jon’s spot is taken by the twins.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

As long as jon doesn't blast clark and lois for being absolute idiots.This doesn't do much.If i were jon i would have already punched clark..

This should have been how jon returned.a punch to the gut...Clark always sits on high horse.That'll get him down
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-24-2023 at 09:56 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by magha_regulus View Post
    I can understand what they are doing. They've kinda written themselves into a wall with Jon and this gets us back to seeing Lois and Superman as parents with young children. I get it. I'm someone who can't stand everything they've chosen to do with Jon since he was originally introduced. We never got to see this story play out naturally and we probably never will. That's why I think they should fully embrace how anomalous a character Jon actually is. But I digress, It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.
    When DC turned Jon into their publicity stunt, they robbed not just him of more childhood stories but L&C of parenthood content as well. The "twins" are an attempt to salvage that but I think it just makes the Superman family more saturated and convoluted. And any resentment we're supposed to be feeling toward Clark story-wise isn't going to work since Jon was essentially aged out of being his impressionable son and into the rainbow warrior he's known as today.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    As long as jon doesn't blast clark and lois for being absolute idiots.This doesn't do much.If i were jon i would have already punched clark..

This should have been how jon returned.a punch to the gut...Clark always sits on high horse.That'll get him down
    Jon wanted to go on that trip with Jor-El. Its not like Clark and Lois made the choice for him.

His age-up is also his fault for going against his parents wishes.

And even then Clark was completely against the entire thing but eventually relented after Lois and Jon kept badgering him. There's no "high horse" your spouting.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 01-25-2023 at 12:49 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Jon wanted to go on that trip with Jor-El. Its not like Clark and Lois made the choice for him.

His age-up is also his fault for going against his parents wishes.

And even then Clark was completely against the entire thing but eventually relented after Lois and Jon kept badgering him. There's no "high horse" your spouting.
    Jon wanted to do alot of things.But wasn't allowed too.On top of that,lois left him.Clark didn't go crazy once lois came back.You know what's a deal breaker in a marriage for me?My wife whom i entrusted our child with leaving them with a dumb reason.Instead an entire issue was them making love while their kid went missing.A punch to the gut isn't enough.That's just not how normal people react.Not to mention, the freakin green lantern core felt more concerned for jon than clois did.Hal could have helped.But,clark kent didn't bother with going to them.

It would be if the kid did know better.As far as jon is concerned the guy is jor el.Clark on the other hand knew jor el wasn't alright.

Why is the guy taking the centre stage? Clark just went in a gave speech about "trusting humanity..do more" what not.I would call that "high horse".A guy in Clark's team just got murdered by his villains.He shouldn't be talking.At all.

That's another thing,superfamily is pretty much one note.Any of the authority members would have made a snarky comment on Clark's "speeches".
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-25-2023 at 01:45 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Lol I was wondering if that was a Sandoval thing, putting a PKJ cameo in.
    I didn't noticed it, lmao.

Recently they started dealing with Jon having trauma. He freaks out once he sees Ash's volcanic powers. So this is them dealing with something that should've happened years ago.

Since they won't deage him, it's a damn if they do damn if they don't situation.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Recently they started dealing with Jon having trauma. He freaks out once he sees Ash's volcanic powers. So this is them dealing with something that should've happened years ago.

Since they won't deage him, it's a damn if they do damn if they don't situation.
    Well, they're not handling it well, since it's actively ignoring that Lois left Jon with Jor-El in the first place.

Well, they're not handling it well, since it's actively ignoring that Lois left Jon with Jor-El in the first place.
    Trust me, I never thought they did it well in the first place. In hindsight his timeskip was unnecessary. Even if you want him to take over for his father in 5g there were better ways to get there.

I don't expect them to do it better any time soon. I'm just hoping the eventual adaptations get it right down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I didn't noticed it, lmao.
    I did but only because I’ve watched so many YT interviews with him

From the podcast interview (avoiding stuff he’s said before):

-He has a cool idea for how Supes would use time travel in a fight
    -Loves it when Supes has foes that challenge him both physically and mentally
    -Metallo and Lex’s relationship will be a focus and we’ll see how it evolves
    -Sandoval wants to stay on Action for a long time, PKJ thinks he will do 10 issues this year
    -We’re going to see which Family members Krypto likes
    -PKJ is talking to Leah Williams, doesn’t really talk to Jurgens but knows what his plans are
    -Some of the backups will be tied to the main story but some won’t. Some of the backups will spin out of what he does in the lead book
    -Hardest challenge for him has been the large cast, but he wanted to bring in as many traditional Superfamily members as he could after all the time on Warworld