Page 365 of 376 FirstFirst ... 265315355361362363364365366367368369375 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,475 of 5626
    Spectacular Member

The thought of DC making all these cool new additions to the Superman Mythos suddenly revolve around Batman sounds so stupid that I can see them doing it.

It sucks that they're moving PKJ off the book but hopefully he lands a great title in return.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    It will be a bummer when Aethyr, Olgrun and the UP suddenly start to revolve around Batman, but maybe Superman will still be somehow important.
    Aethyr won’t, I think that will just be an arc of Action that Waid and Henry do. Olgrun I don’t think will either, although I expect PKJ will shift John Stewart into the driver’s seat for that plot. Now the UP, that’s the one I can see Batman being involved in. But if it works out the way the Incursions did, where Batman is involved but Supes is still driving the story forward, I’ll make peace with it. Even after leaving F4, Hickman kept Reed prominent and up front. Time to see if PKJ does the same (I think he will).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Maybe we should wait for some positive news first before speculating about Batman taking over.

Extraordinary Member

Action Comics #1058 Preview
    Writers: Phillip Kennedy Johnson, Gene Luen Yang and Greg Hahn
    Artists: Rafa Sandoval, Viktor Bogdanovic and Travis Mercer

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Action Comics #1058 Preview
    Writers: Phillip Kennedy Johnson, Gene Luen Yang and Greg Hahn
    Artists: Rafa Sandoval, Viktor Bogdanovic and Travis Mercer

Pretty interesting take on Clark vs Superman.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

If anyone read the new GL, the decompression is just as bad there. So I have to say it's a PKJ thing. Nevertheless this preview was amazing and I'll regret having read it but I couldn't help myself
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Was grinning all throughout the fight with the Superman doppelgänger, and practically cheered when Clark turned the tables by using the Supercorp satellites.

Brain beats brawn and PKJ remembers that Supes is one of the heroes who has both! Starchild is actually a cool codename, not crazy about Red Son but I guess it does give a fantasy vibe. Ahh PKJ finally canonized that House Mythos bit of lore he's been talking about for ages. Cool, and I am glad that the DCEU idea of every House having their own s-shield also got canonized, one of the few ideas from that iteration of Superman that I dug. Yeah Norah's working for the Empire of Shadows aka the evil Batfamily. Sick new costume for Clark!

If nothing else I really do hope the next writers for Action carry on Clark having access to Warworld tech. Oh and I actually liked both backups this time!
    Last edited by Vordan; 10-24-2023 at 03:20 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Kinda reminds me of Lion-O's sword in Thundercats (fitting, since they just announced a new book coming out, lol).
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Suit managed to actually make me a fan of the cape connecting to the s-shield, no small feat.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I love how Superman took down the guy with just pure smarts. Taking advantage of his inexperience with his powers was just a quick-thinking genius move. And hell a big thanks to Supercorp for their Kryptonite laser.

And now Superman has transitioned from gladiator to full on knight. Thats a badass suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Suit managed to actually make me a fan of the cape connecting to the s-shield, no small feat.
    Same, I generally loathe that.

You know what else I loathe? Not having a Franklin one-shot

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Sick new costume for Clark!

That's just a Steel suit with a sword instead of a hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Kinda reminds me of Lion-O's sword in Thundercats (fitting, since they just announced a new book coming out, lol).
    Reminded me of the Red Mighty Morphin Power Ranger's Power Sword. Similar shape, but that one has a red hilt.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's just a Steel suit with a sword instead of a hammer.
    That's the point .

Reminds me of King Arthur because that's kind of who he is in a way that beating "himself" on the fly kinda proved.

There's a balance in that fight because in sequential art the size of the imagery and the more cohesive flow of action can often give a strong feeling of decompression. Johnson is good with directing but decompression seems to be a pretty consistent trait, so I have to credit Sandoval for making it work better than it usually does.

The other thing I really liked was Clark coming home, because of how the radial lines sold the irony and also because it reminded me of this: