Page 334 of 376 FirstFirst ... 234284324330331332333334335336337338344 ... LastLast
Results 4,996 to 5,010 of 5626

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The horror vibes of the current Superman comics is... unexpected.
    Horror is my second favorite genre so I’m thrilled to see Superman comics embracing that kind of storytelling. It’s been working very well, and it has in the past with regards to Superman. Whatever Happened To The Man Of Tomorrow? is a horror story I’d argue. Steve Gerber’s Phantom Zone mini was one too.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I did have a chuckle at how Earth 0 Clark is slipping up with Jon by missing the blatantly obvious regarding Jon’s feelings about the twins, just like how how S&L Clark keeps missing how his Jon is clearly hurt by all the favoritism he gives Jordan. Unlike the show however I expect PKJ will actually have Clark realize and make amends for his obliviousness.

It was that initial crossover between Superman #29 and Action #1029 where Clark and Jon fought aliens coming out of a Breach in space. DC collected it here:

It was fine but pure filler. PKJ got hit with a notice from editorial that they needed another month before starting the Warworld Saga proper in Action, and he had to come up with something to fill both of the Superbooks for a month at the last minute.
    Yeah, this was the story where I thought, "alright let me just wait until Clark is back at the DP." Think I flipped through some issues of the space saga with beautiful art, but I could tell it would take insanely long. Guess I missed all of Jon's series.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Huh here's a thought, since the annual that showcased Mongul's origin shows he's not born evil and simply molded into that via a brutally toxic society, it means its possible to introduce a heroic Mongul

Imagine Superman encountering a child of Mongul still young enough that all their kindness and nobility still hasn't been entirely wiped out yet and help offer them a chance for a better path.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Huh here's a thought, since the annual that showcased Mongul's origin shows he's not born evil and simply molded into that via a brutally toxic society, it means its possible to introduce a heroic Mongul

Imagine Superman encountering a child of Mongul still young enough that all their kindness and nobility still hasn't been entirely wiped out yet and help offer them a chance for a better path.
    United Planets could do a social outreach on Warworld and the Authority could spearhead a mentorship program.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Yeah, this was the story where I thought, "alright let me just wait until Clark is back at the DP." Think I flipped through some issues of the space saga with beautiful art, but I could tell it would take insanely long. Guess I missed all of Jon's series.
    Ok then I 100% recommend the Warworld Saga, quality wise it’s leaps and bounds above that opening stuff which PKJ has outright said was just him buying time for Tom Taylor to get ready. Whole Saga is easily one of the best stories Superman has ever had. It IS long, but it made Warworld into a setting that can sustain lots of stories going forward because it has a rich history of its own, rather than just being a Death Star knockoff. Mongul finally gets a good showing too, a niche change from years of being a jobber. It’s also got some of my favorite moments of Clark being put through hell and persevering through sheer will. Since the whole thing is done you can check it out in a single collection coming in Nov or just sample some of the trades.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

PKJ shared a preview of Action 1054 at Megacon

Looks like we’re getting that big fight scene between Metallo and the entire Superfamily next issue!

Incredible Member

Metallo is looking a bit too clean for my tastes in that preview. I'm assuming those who predicted Otho may have reacted as she did because she saw Metallo in the rally might have been right. And that heartbeat Clark detects. Is that Otho? Jon? Someone else, maybe even Kara?

So... Jon and Osul go to save her, Metallo beats Jon and kidnaps the kids? I do wonder if Kryptonite has any sort of effect on Phaelosians. Their faces do look green in that final page of the preview.

Sure looks like it hurts them as much as a regular Kryptonian. Perhaps Osul’s New God powers might help. If I have one complaint it’s that PKJ still hasn’t ditched the Kryptonite Metallo. If you’re going to upgrade Metallo with Warworld tech, that should be what finally lets him overcome the Supers. Hell I’d even take him swapping to Genesis as his main fuel.

Incredible Member

My personal preference would be for him to constantly change his power source but keep some of the old Kryptonite as a last measure.

Really annoyed that DC ruined the villain reveal. Would have a been a great surprise that makes sense considering the characters similarities.

Have Metallo and spoilers:
    Cyborg Superman
    end of spoilers ever had any significant interaction?

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Ok then I 100% recommend the Warworld Saga, quality wise it’s leaps and bounds above that opening stuff which PKJ has outright said was just him buying time for Tom Taylor to get ready. Whole Saga is easily one of the best stories Superman has ever had. It IS long, but it made Warworld into a setting that can sustain lots of stories going forward because it has a rich history of its own, rather than just being a Death Star knockoff. Mongul finally gets a good showing too, a niche change from years of being a jobber. It’s also got some of my favorite moments of Clark being put through hell and persevering through sheer will. Since the whole thing is done you can check it out in a single collection coming in Nov or just sample some of the trades.
    Thankfully the trades these days are a little beefier. Like instead of those skinny old 120 page trades I'd rather not wait six months and just get the back issues. Warworld seemed long when it was running but three trades is quite fair, assuming the Authority and Future State trades aren't part of the immediate story.

As far as the Deathstar thing goes I guess I'm biased but I have a hard time thinking this story would exist without Exile. Though in light of what Alan Moore has recently said I'm interested in how it seemed to double down on the whole "let my people go" thing.

Sure looks like it hurts them as much as a regular Kryptonian. Perhaps Osul’s New God powers might help. If I have one complaint it’s that PKJ still hasn’t ditched the Kryptonite Metallo. If you’re going to upgrade Metallo with Warworld tech, that should be what finally lets him overcome the Supers. Hell I’d even take him swapping to Genesis as his main fuel.
    The man with a kryptonite heart. I guess it will always be an irresistible gimmick.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Really annoyed that DC ruined the villain reveal. Would have a been a great surprise that makes sense considering the characters similarities.

Cyborg Superman
    Was kinda hoping that the Revenge Squad from Reborn would have been a bigger deal.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Thankfully the trades these days are a little beefier. Like instead of those skinny old 120 page trades I'd rather not wait six months and just get the back issues. Warworld seemed long when it was running but three trades is quite fair, assuming the Authority and Future State trades aren't part of the immediate story.
    There’s a complete Warworld Saga collection coming in Nov that collects everything but Morrison’s Authority issues, you could wait for that if you want. But the FS issues aren’t crucial to the WS I would say.
    As far as the Deathstar thing goes I guess I'm biased but I have a hard time thinking this story would exist without Exile. Though in light of what Alan Moore has recently said I'm interested in how it seemed to double down on the whole "let my people go" thing.
    Oh he definitely has read that story, he brought it up a couple times in interviews and interactions with the fans, I’m sure it influenced him. But I think he was partly motivated because he didn’t find that old version of Warworld to be very compelling. He did make sure to keep them still canon by saying they were all replicas of the “true” Warworld built by whatever original species it was that once inhabited the original planet.
    The man with a kryptonite heart. I guess it will always be an irresistible gimmick.
    That or people just can’t ever accept anything but the classic weaknesses for Superman: kryptonite, red sunlight, and brute strength. Guess the DCAU kinda added electricity lol.
    Was kinda hoping that the Revenge Squad from Reborn would have been a bigger deal.
    Feels like they need a better name, that one just doesn’t stick with you. Once had the idea that it would be cool to have a Superman Rogue team made up of his classic villains that called themselves the Fatal Five, basically making them the predecessors to the Legion era team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

Cyborg Superman
    He recruited Metallo for his Revenge Squad in Jurgens Action, and built him a new body too. Not sure if PKJ will call back to that, but it might be why he’s able to hack into Metallo.

Incredible Member

I suspect that spoilers:
    Cyborg Superman's influence in Metallo's new body might be less because of what he did in Jurgens' Action Rebirth, and more of a reference to the long-standing connection between Henshaw and Mongul, and thus Warworld. Lex did go "if someone's speaking to Metallo in that body...", after all. And "that body" is Warworld.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    I suspect that spoilers:
    Cyborg Superman's influence in Metallo's new body might be less because of what he did in Jurgens' Action Rebirth, and more of a reference to the long-standing connection between Henshaw and Mongul, and thus Warworld. Lex did go "if someone's speaking to Metallo in that body...", after all. And "that body" is Warworld.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Ahhh great catch, yes that would make sense. The previous Mongul was forced to serve Henshaw and if memory serves me right, Henshaw also had access to some of the “fake” Warworld’s tech.
    end of spoilers

PKJ posted a two-oage text preview of Action Comics #1054 along with the following tweets:

“You’re no hero. Nothin’ like us ever could be.”

FINAL ORDER CUTOFF for Action Comics #1054! Be warned: in this issue, Superman displays such a CRAZY and NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN use of powers, it resulted in some long conversations at DC about what we could get away with. DO NOT MISS.

In Action 1054, Superman uses his newly-amped-up powers in a way he *never has before* and in a way that will potentially make a purist or two upset.
    "

I'll admit I'm curious about what kind of power display PKJ is going to have Superman pull off. Now that the SID is back in the box, I've enjoyed his run more than I thought I would. Having Clark show off his power boost in another new and interesting display is something I'm 100% supportive towards.