Page 341 of 376 FirstFirst ... 241291331337338339340341342343344345351 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,115 of 5626

I complained a lot about artists during Warworld saga and I wasn't happy when I saw that Raynor did this issue. But I think it worked out much better here than during Warworld where sometimes characters would look very different when done by different people.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

The artist change was handled better here. I honestly didn't even notice it was done by a different artist until it was pointed out to me.

Raynor's art is pretty similar to Sanodval's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    The artist change was handled better here. I honestly didn't even notice it was done by a different artist until it was pointed out to me.

Indeed, I didn't notice the change initially either.

BTW I'm still enjoying this series/run immensely. I usually (bad habit) post most frequently about things I don't enjoy here than things I do.
    Last edited by Celgress; 04-30-2023 at 08:07 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Indeed, I didn't notice the change initially either.

BTW I'm still enjoying this series/run immensely. I usually (bad habit) post most frequently about things I don't enjoy here than things I do.
    Internet would be such a beautiful place if everyone only posted about things they enjoy.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Clark always wants to help,even villains.after they do terrible things,maybe this could.be where conners mindset could differ from his.maybe he sees villains as.bad,and deserving of a cell instead of a hand up
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

Having one consistent colorist helps a lot in that regard. Seeing the effect Jordie Bellaire has on Janin’s art is when I first realized how important pairing the right colorist with the right artist is.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Thought this guy’s analysis of the issue was interesting, PKJ basically merged the original Siegel/Shuster characterization with the modern “softer” Superman and he did pretty seamlessly where we have a Superman who embodies both. First Supes takes Metallo down a peg, then he offers Metallo a hand while Metallo is down.
    Yeah for sure. Esp when he drops the bully line. Classic.

Metallo seemed both genuinely surprised and confused as to why Supes is trying to help him out after all that.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Yeah for sure. Esp when he drops the bully line. Classic.

Metallo seemed both genuinely surprised and confused as to why Supes is trying to help him out after all that.
    I’m watching BTAS currently and it’s surprising how often Batman offers to help his foes. Having the hero offer to help the villain after defeating them is a good way to demonstrate the hero’s compassion, without making them into saps. Given Metallo keeps blaming Superman for everything, I have no doubt Superman’s offer of help will backfire once they find whatever monster Henshaw has turned Tracy into.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

https://www.cbr.com/green-lantern-jo...son-interview/
    You referred to your work in Action Comics and how it's fun working between titles. Is there anything you can tease regarding elements from Action Comics appearing in Green Lantern?

I think the biggest carryover from Action to the John Stewart Green Lantern series is the epic fantasy approach to storytelling. The storytelling approach is really the biggest carryover. There is going to be something coming up next year in which there can be some more direct crossover that I hope readers will really get a lot out of. I shouldn't spoil what that is, but there's gonna be more direct interaction coming up soon.
    Definitely going to see some ties to the Olgrun plot in GL, and I remember that Superman was teased to be involved in the Revenant Queen plotline. Loved the Olgrun plot and frankly after the second arc I expect I’ll be ready to go back out into space. Especially with Williamson’s book staying in Metropolis.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Same, honestly. There's not too much to get out of "another great issue" whereas having a gripe is at least something to discuss/expand upon.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/green-lantern-jo...son-interview/

Definitely going to see some ties to the Olgrun plot in GL, and I remember that Superman was teased to be involved in the Revenant Queen plotline. Loved the Olgrun plot and frankly after the second arc I expect I’ll be ready to go back out into space. Especially with Williamson’s book staying in Metropolis.
    Man, could there be a more perfect crossover? Way cool! Seems like PJK just has so many great ideas in the tank.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

PKJ says he plans to eventually follow up on Superman's confrontation with Aquaman during Action Comics #1034 in his run.

It's reassuring that PKJ has thought about plot points and scenes from the start of his Action run. Within the last couple of decades, Clark and Arthur haven't always been on the best of terms in the League. Although the last time in Abnett's run, Clark was kind of played as a US stooge to provide a suitable opponent for Arthur and Mera to fight against the US' opposition to Atlantis. In PKJ's Action, Clark took the Genesis Fragment away from Atlantis to avoid international conflict. Whilst he may have acted in the best interests of the world, Atlantis has always been a sovereign nation and Arthur's been quite firm in opposing the League when their actions conflict with Atlantis' interests. Hopefully, PKJ has an interesting conversation between Arthur and Clark which will highlight their different perspectives.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Abnett is such a solid Superman writer, I'll never understand why people saw it that way when Clark was just offering help and then brought the League to help in Deluge.

Kinda wondered if that earlier part from Action tied into Aquaman but I haven't visited that corner of DC since like... Jabberjaw
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

The confrontation was pretty funny. Both the US and Atlantis were acting like children fighting over the glowy rock but when Clark asked Arthur to get Atlantis to calm down his response was basically "Yeah I got no political power anymore so I can't do **** in Atlantis"

Leaving Superman to just yeet the rock from them like a parent yanking a toy from arguing children

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    PKJ says he plans to eventually follow up on Superman's confrontation with Aquaman during Action Comics #1034 in his run.

It's reassuring that PKJ has thought about plot points and scenes from the start of his Action run. Within the last couple of decades, Clark and Arthur haven't always been on the best of terms in the League. Although the last time in Abnett's run, Clark was kind of played as a US stooge to provide a suitable opponent for Arthur and Mera to fight against the US' opposition to Atlantis. In PKJ's Action, Clark took the Genesis Fragment away from Atlantis to avoid international conflict. Whilst he may have acted in the best interests of the world, Atlantis has always been a sovereign nation and Arthur's been quite firm in opposing the League when their actions conflict with Atlantis' interests. Hopefully, PKJ has an interesting conversation between Arthur and Clark which will highlight their different perspectives.
    I had almost forgotten about that since it seemed so long ago, especially since there's no sign of Aquaman in Dawn of the DCU.