Page 326 of 376 FirstFirst ... 226276316322323324325326327328329330336 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,890 of 5626

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Awesome, direct confirmation that they’re using the New 52 Origin for Metallo!

Hope this means they’re also keeping Lex torturing Clark to figure out his powers in Morrison’s Action run canon too. Would definitely be something that would color Clark’s interactions with Lex over in Williamson Superman or even here if PKJ does get a chance to use Lex more.

Laughed at Jon suggesting that Lex wanted Steelworks Tower destroyed because it was taller than Lexcorp and everyone agreeing that sounded like him. I’m growing more fond of Osul and Othul too, the way they combine Warzoon attitudes while still having some childish innocence makes them endearing. And that they still don’t feel comfortable sleeping in beds does tug on the heart strings a little.

Shout out to Sandoval, I love the action sequences in this book! Real sense of impact and power thus far in the fights. Metallo converting the Blue Earth assholes into his own militia will be cool, Metallo is finally stepping up and taking charge himself even if his strings are getting pulled. I just hope they rip the fake skin off entirely soon and show us what he looks like underneath.

The Unmade took their orders from someone else. Superman saw that Lex wasn’t giving Metallo orders, which clues him in that someone else is posing as Lex. In this case it’s Hank Henshaw who is manipulating Metallo. He’s also posing as Corben’s sister and pretending to be her, but he’s not directly controlling Metallo’s actions.
    Nice hope they kept everything else

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Yes, but I'm not sure if Steel being involved with Metallo's creation was in Morrison's run?
    It was:

I'll quote Clark: "But if Otho was right that Metallo's new body is based on the unmade, that raises scary possibilities".

Otho never claimed that, to him Steel's description of Metallo sounded similar to unmade and thats it, nothing about new body or being based on unmade. No, it is not a big problem or anything of the sorts, I just find Clark's line badly written.
    I… don’t really get what your issue is. Otho just says it reminds him of the Unmade and that makes a lightbulb go off for Clark that hey, maybe like the Unmade, someone else is pulling Metallo’s strings.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Good issue thought recent solicits spoiling the major reveal about the story is pretty funny.

Since Metallo is going to be building an army hopefully this gives the rest of the fam more to do.

Good issue,but can we get more for everyone to do besides sitting and standing around in a Lil apartment? I don't know if PKJs strengths are big casts with all of them staying busy all the time,but hopefully he can make it happen.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

We’ll definitely get to see the Superfamily square off against Metallo’s minions, but I think that DC hasn’t done a good job clarifying that while the Superfamily is in Action, it’s not a team book. It’s still primarily a Clark book just with the rest of the Family in it. PKJ could do better at giving the rest of the Family something to do however, but I’ll wait until we see the Necrohive established and how that challenges the group.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Good issue thought recent solicits spoiling the major reveal about the story is pretty funny.
    Well we got Metallo teleporting with multiple "ping" sounds, this might be a hint that there is motherbox involved. And it is possible that Cyborg Superman got one at some point, but maybe it is also a hint that someone is sitting above Cyborg Superman.

Astonishing Member

Well we got Metallo teleporting with multiple "ping" sounds, this might be a hint that there is motherbox involved. And it is possible that Cyborg Superman got one at some point, but maybe it is also a hint that someone is sitting above Cyborg Superman.
    Isn't the "ping" a clue to the Orphan Box (or whatever it was called) being an integral part of his biology?
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

You know, someone posted on the Conner thread that before any of this they should have spent a couple of issues with Superman spending time with each members of the Superman family because as it is now it’s kinda disjointed. It takes time if you want to reach Batman family levels. Also I would have included Power Girl.

We’ll definitely get to see the Superfamily square off against Metallo’s minions, but I think that DC hasn’t done a good job clarifying that while the Superfamily is in Action, it’s not a team book. It’s still primarily a Clark book just with the rest of the Family in it. PKJ could do better at giving the rest of the Family something to do however, but I’ll wait until we see the Necrohive established and how that challenges the group.
    It feels like they're marketing it more as a team book ala Tynion's 'Tec run.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It feels like they're marketing it more as a team book ala Tynion's 'Tec run.
    They are, which I think is a mistake because that’s not what PKJ seems to be writing it as. Still I think one thing that could help is if the backups rotated between Superfamily members and starred each one. Right now we have Power Girl, next is Steel, after that I would love to see Gene Yang write Kenan, and then after him you could have Josie Campbell write Kara. Conner and Jon have their own proper mini coming so they’re fine.

They are, which I think is a mistake because that’s not what PKJ seems to be writing it as. Still I think one thing that could help is if the backups rotated between Superfamily members and starred each one. Right now we have Power Girl, next is Steel, after that I would love to see Gene Yang write Kenan, and then after him you could have Josie Campbell write Kara. Conner and Jon have their own proper mini coming so they’re fine.
    I can at least appreciate Superman is still the main focus of the book compared to how Batman was handled in 'Tec.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I hope a future issue shows the formation of the team or least the creation of the costumes.

At least a moment of Connor saying they should all take after him and wear jackets.

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    Isn't the "ping" a clue to the Orphan Box (or whatever it was called) being an integral part of his biology?
    Good point, forgot about Orphan boxes.

Is Metallo still using Kryptonite? I see others saying he is, but I thought his new body was primarily powered by Warworld tech, not Kryptonite anymore.

Astonishing Member

Is Metallo still using Kryptonite? I see others saying he is, but I thought his new body was primarily powered by Warworld tech, not Kryptonite anymore.
    His chest opens and emits a green light, so I'd say that Kryptonite is still involved to a degree.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021