Page 370 of 376 FirstFirst ... 270320360366367368369370371372373374 ... LastLast
Results 5,536 to 5,550 of 5626

Definitely recommend The Last God if you enjoy the Warworld Saga. It clearly is the book where he started to come into his own as a creator.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I’m very interested to see what was up with Norah having Etrigan’s corpse in her trophy room. Especially with him set to appear next issue.

Has there ever been an Elseworld story where Bruce accepted Ra’s offer to be his heir? I don’t recall ever reading one. Seems like a no brainer with lots of story potential.

I guess if Bruce did go mad and became the leader of the League of Shadows he would probably go all in with magic as a way to take out Superman. Heroic Bruce is all about science and logic while evil Bruce becomes a powerful mage. It would make him a lot like Dr. Doom as a brilliant scientist and user of magic.
    Afaik, they only danced around the idea. I think Bruce became the new "Demon's Head" and an immortal in Byrne's Generations. In Brotherhood of the Bat and its sequel Batman: League of Batmen, Ra's al Ghul turns the League of Assassins into an army of Batmen and has a brainwashed clone of Bruce Wayne.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Knew it was coming of course but PKJs swan song will be read with both pleasure and sadness…
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

You'd think (hope) DC would be ready Wednesday to drop what PKJ is doing next (fingers crossed for JL). It'll be even sadder if it feels like he's just gone.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I just finished the War World Saga trade and I do wish I had the complete PKJ run on Superman. I think Jason Aaron is a great follow up and I think PKJ did a nice job of meeting all types of Superman fans. I think there were nods to Golden Age/Pulp adventurer Superman all the way to Elliot S. Maggin Superman 400 fans.

1060 was mostly just set up for the finale, but I did enjoy the brief Constantine/Superman team up. I swear I’ve seen Supes light one of Constantine’s cigs with his heat vision before, but I can’t remember where. Hopefully the annual ends the run on a strong note, Shadow’s army is cool looking. Interesting that the other Al Ghul’s are gone, where could they be? Is PKJ leaving that for another story? Evil Batman and his family could be used for JL if he’s taking that book on.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Interesting that the Authority issue apparently affected them worse than we thought.

The team only wanted to destroy the gateway to their world to Prime Earth but from what Norah is saying it affected all their gateways to all their worlds.

I can imagine the rest of her family isn't dead more-so they got stranded on others worlds and Norah is focusing on Prime Earth as revenge cause they are responsible for their current situation.

Haven't read 1060 yet but its been said that its a bummer that they had to change artists this close to the end. Which I most def agree with. However, I do think Eddy Barrows's art is pretty damn solid. Thought 1059 looked great visually.

On another note, my Warworld trade delivered the other day. Fan-freakin-tastic!
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam

Most of the filler artists have been good in their own right, it’s just disheartening that the run doesn’t have a visual identity the way something like Snyder/Capullo Batman got to establish because of how often artists rotated out.
    Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    You'd think (hope) DC would be ready Wednesday to drop what PKJ is doing next (fingers crossed for JL). It'll be even sadder if it feels like he's just gone.
    Maybe after the Annual they’ll have an announcement to share. Otherwise they’ll probably wait until whatever month the solicits have that info.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Most of the filler artists have been good in their own right, it’s just disheartening that the run doesn’t have a visual identity the way something like Snyder/Capullo Batman got to establish because of how often artists rotated out.

Maybe after the Annual they’ll have an announcement to share. Otherwise they’ll probably wait until whatever month the solicits have that info.
    Do any ongoing have visual identities at this point?

I know Nightwing has Redondo, WW has Sampere (however long he lasts on the book), WF has Mora, but they're more the exceptions than the rule etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Do any ongoing have visual identities at this point?

I know Nightwing has Redondo, WW has Sampere (however long he lasts on the book), WF has Mora, but they're more the exceptions than the rule etc.
    It’s rare in today’s market but I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the runs that tend to be viewed as “legendary” are the ones that do have that consistency. Immortal Hulk, like it or not (and I’m sure Ewing does not like it) probably would not have been as big of a hit as it was without Bennett’s consistency on art. Aaron’s Thor run benefited from having Rubic and Dauterman on art. Invincible had Ottley, Zdarsky Daredevil had Checchetto, Redondo on Nightwing, etc.

The trick is finding an artist that both is talented but also fits the bill stylistically and similarly (enough). I think Barrows was a good choice in that regard.

But yeah, would have been ideal to finish out with the same artist.

(As an aside, I’d rather not imagine the current run of WF without Dan Mora…)

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Yeah I'm really hoping they announce a new book or something to continue PKJ's plotlines when the annual comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Interesting that the Authority issue apparently affected them worse than we thought.

The team only wanted to destroy the gateway to their world to Prime Earth but from what Norah is saying it affected all their gateways to all their worlds.

I can imagine the rest of her family isn't dead more-so they got stranded on others worlds and Norah is focusing on Prime Earth as revenge cause they are responsible for their current situation.
    That read like a retcon to me. In Authority special it was presented like they never traveled to other universes before. Last page I think even had entire family together ready to take revenge. I don't get why PKJ felt like he had to overwrite his own stuff so much.

Only positive thing about artists at this point is that most of them did some work before on PKJ's run so it is not as jarring as was during Warworld saga.