Page 352 of 376 FirstFirst ... 252302342348349350351352353354355356362 ... LastLast
Results 5,266 to 5,280 of 5626

ACTION COMICS #1059

Written by PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON, GENE LUEN YANG, and DAN PARENT
    Art by RAFA SANDOVAL, VIKTOR BOGDANOVIC, and MARGUERITE SAUVAGE
    Cover by STEVE BEACH
    Variant covers by JORGE JIMENEZ and CARLA COHEN
    1:25 variant cover by TYLER KIRKHAM
    1:50 variant cover by FRANCESCO TOMASELLI
    Artist Spotlight variant cover by MIKE DEODATO JR.
    $4.99 US | 48 pages | Variant $5.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 11/28/23
    As the forces of Norah Stone’s Blue Earth take control of Metropolis, Superman dusts off his Warworld weapons and armors up alongside Steel to take their city back! Can even the House of El defeat this potent new threat?
    Meanwhile, the shocking true identities of Norah Stone’s mysterious family are revealed, building to a battle royale for the ages! A pivotal issue not to be missed!
    PLUS: The conclusion to Gene Luen Yang and Viktor Bogdanovic’s “New Super-Man of Metropolis”, and Dan Parent (Kevin Keller) explores the world of Jon Kent like never before!
    Clark’s “Steel” suit looks badass and I’m glad we’re returning to the Warworld plot threads. Yeah Norah’s “family” is definitely that Evil Batfamily from the Dark Multiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Oh no, lol. Well I mean to say this recent thing, which I don't imagine started before Bendis, with integrating her
    This is basically the start of actually trying to integrate her into the Earth 0 Superfamily again. I guess you could read her Lazarus Planet stuff to see the origin of her telepathic powers, but other than that you don’t need anything else (in fact you’re probably better off NOT reading anything else with how wonky continuity is).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

So is it Superman without powers Vs a dark version of the Batfamily, or am I missing something?

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Clark’s “Steel” suit looks badass and I’m glad we’re returning to the Warworld plot threads. Yeah Norah’s “family” is definitely that Evil Batfamily from the Dark Multiverse.

This is basically the start of actually trying to integrate her into the Earth 0 Superfamily again. I guess you could read her Lazarus Planet stuff to see the origin of her telepathic powers, but other than that you don’t need anything else (in fact you’re probably better off NOT reading anything else with how wonky continuity is).
    Okay, I guess the Special counts? It doesn't have an LP banner
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Okay, I guess the Special counts? It doesn't have an LP banner
    The Power Girl Special? Yeah that functions as the ending to the PG back up stories. If you want to read everything in order it’s Lazarus Planet (read whatever one shot she’s in that establishes she has telepathy now) -> PG Backups in Action -> PG Special -> Upcoming PG ongoing
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Dusting off the Warworld weapons and armor sounds (and looks) pretty awesome indeed. Glad it's getting use other than for "that stuff" they they keep it in their bedroom closet for, lol.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

If I’m right about the Empire of Shadows being the power behind Blue Earth (and just look at the ninjas Clark and Steel are facing on the cover, that looks like League of Assassin scrubs to me), I hope Apollo and Middy come back to help fight them to. PKJ did mention wanting to bring them back and since they were there when he introduced the EoS I’d like to see them come back for its resolution.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

If I’m right about the Empire of Shadows being the power behind Blue Earth (and just look at the ninjas Clark and Steel are facing on the cover, that looks like League of Assassin scrubs to me), I hope Apollo and Middy come back to help fight them to. PKJ did mention wanting to bring them back and since they were there when he introduced the EoS I’d like to see them come back for its resolution.
    Huh if this is the Empire of Shadows, I wonder if whatever is depowering the superfam in this story might be revealed as the method they used to conquer their world and kill its supers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Huh if this is the Empire of Shadows, I wonder if whatever is depowering the superfam in this story might be revealed as the method they used to conquer their world and kill its supers.
    I’m betting it’s magic of some kind, and yeah probably. We never got the story of what happened to the Superman/Superfamily of that Earth when Batman became evil, bet he’s reusing the same tactics here that he did there.

Incredible Member

I'd rather not have tied the Blue Earth movement to Batman like this, but hey, it's Knight Superman (plus Steel) vs ninjas. How could I dislike that?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    I'd rather not have tied the Blue Earth movement to Batman like this, but hey, it's Knight Superman (plus Steel) vs ninjas. How could I dislike that?
    The Batgod universe, where he becomes evil and the rest of the heroes are easily defeated. It is normal that when talking about something capable of making heroes fall, he automatically becomes Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Least it might be Batman’s turn to be evil for once so Superman can kick his ass.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Least it might be Batman’s turn to be evil for once so Superman can kick his ass.
    After all its only fair play considering all the times Batman is allowed to beat him up like in Injustice.

The badass normals for once are not shown to be morally superior to the powered characters and are in fact a bunch of demented sociopaths.

BANNED

Do you really think that DC is going to allow Superman to defeat Batman, especially if we are talking about a Superman without powers, I am 100×100 sure that if Superman wins it will be with the help of the main Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    Do you really think that DC is going to allow Superman to defeat Batman, especially if we are talking about a Superman without powers, I am 100×100 sure that if Superman wins it will be with the help of the main Batman.
    I don't see PKJ going that far with it.

Solid tie-in. Dug both the PG and the Superfamily stories and thought both ended well. Liked the twist that the Henshaw nightmare was primarily driven by Osul and Otho, and that they were able to turn Henshaw’ down fears against him to beat him.

PKJ has put the Warworld stuff on the backburner for a little while to focus on Metallo, but he’s bringing it back again. Not sure if the Olgrun plot thread will be relevant to Blue Earth, I could see Osul being a “barrier maiden” who has to use his new powers to banish the Empire of Shadows back to the Dark Multiverse if it’s actually them.