Page 363 of 376 FirstFirst ... 263313353359360361362363364365366367373 ... LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,445 of 5626
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://multiverseofcolor.com/2023/1...ics-interview/

I give up I have no clue what’s going to happen. This interview came out on Mon so there’s no way PKJ doesn’t know if he’s staying or not. Maybe he’s lying to throw off suspicion but this is hardly a “big” outlet where he might feel the need to do that. There’s no way he doesn’t know whether he’s staying or not at this point what with NYCC next week. My final guesses:

1. Waid and PKJ are working together on a Phantom Zone event. Action is dropping the backups and it will just be two stories: PKJ and Waid.
    2. Waid is getting Action and PKJ is getting a new Superman book of his own. Maybe editorial is hoping that a #1 will get more eyes on what PKJ is doing.
    3. Waid is getting a new Superman book - Adventures of Superman? - and PKJ is keeping Action.

Wait for next week to get some answers is going to kill me lol

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Waid used World's Finest to set up a threat for his Batman vs Robin miniseries (set now), which dovetailed from Williamson's Robin series.

It was an odd move, and depending how you look at it DC it planned or a while (I'm guessing Williamson pitched but didn't have time to write it himself?) or was a last minute fudge (see also Lazarus Planet. Remember that? Same event, technically).

Maybe he and PKJ are doing something similar here? Waid will show you the threat in the past to establish things so PKJ can do the more powerful and dangerous comeback battle in the present?

That's what I'm hoping for as the best outcome.
    This makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Waid used World's Finest to set up a threat for his Batman vs Robin miniseries (set now), which dovetailed from Williamson's Robin series.

It was an odd move, and depending how you look at it DC it planned or a while (I'm guessing Williamson pitched but didn't have time to write it himself?) or was a last minute fudge (see also Lazarus Planet. Remember that? Same event, technically).

Maybe he and PKJ are doing something similar here? Waid will show you the threat in the past to establish things so PKJ can do the more powerful and dangerous comeback battle in the present?

That's what I'm hoping for as the best outcome.
    Others have theorized as much and it makes sense - but I still have a tough time believing it. Waid’s Aethyr looks like a Silver Age throwback, PKJ’s Aethyr was a creepy Lovecraftian God whose blood (Genesis) turned people into monsters. The two portrayals don’t connect well. Next week will give us answers at least.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Others have theorized as much and it makes sense - but I still have a tough time believing it. Waid’s Aethyr looks like a Silver Age throwback, PKJ’s Aethyr was a creepy Lovecraftian God whose blood (Genesis) turned people into monsters. The two portrayals don’t connect well. Next week will give us answers at least.
    Honestly you can easily chalk that up to Aethyr becoming weirder/more eldritch in the modern day since World's Finest does take place in the past.

Or that PKJ will simply keep portraying him as more of an eldritch being and Waid's more Silver Age-ish writing of him doesn't have any bearing on his writing of the character since Aethyr's appearance in WF was a short cameo sequel hook.

Eldtritch beings shouldn't change in 10 year or however long ago WF is supposed to be happening.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Eldtritch beings shouldn't change in 10 year or however long ago WF is supposed to be happening.
    They are eldritch so for all we know they change appearance every other day. Or they appear differently to everyone.

NYCC Bar Gossip: Action Comics To Be A Proper Anthology Again?

Recently, Bleeding Cool pointed out that it looked as if Mark Waid was going to start writing Action Comics in 2024. Well, bar gossip from New York Comic Con confirms that, as well as Jason Aaron joining the book, but that Phillip Kennedy Johnson, who has written the series since Future State and through into the Dawn Of DC, will be leaving the series when it revamps into something new.

Full article: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/nycc...y-dc-superman/

PKJ officially is leaving Action and it doesn’t seem like he’s getting a new Superman book to replace Action. Damn that sucks, guess this is it from him for now. Here’s hoping he finds his way back to Metropolis some day soon.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Yeah, and it's not Waid replacing him, it's Jason Aaron and Joshua Williamson doing alternating arcs.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

PKJ officially is leaving Action and it doesn’t seem like he’s getting a new Superman book to replace Action. Damn that sucks, guess this is it from him for now. Here’s hoping he finds his way back to Metropolis some day soon.
    It's so frustrating watching someone really start building Superman and his surrounding family up and gain momentum only for DC to completely cut their legs out. It has really damaged my enthusiasm, especially as I see Williamson's Superman as too lightweight and cartoony to take too seriously.

It's bit hard, especially after the "DC sees Superman as the main book" comment, not to wonder if Williamson staged a coup on this.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I moreso wonder if DC just really thinks the "standalone trade by big names at a bookstore" model is still a thing. It was hard enough to line up the two titles, so alternating writers just isn't realistic for a continuing narrative with this title.

Now that it's being talked about I hope he comments
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I moreso wonder if DC just really thinks the "standalone trade by big names at a bookstore" model is still a thing. It was hard enough to line up the two titles, so alternating writers just isn't realistic for a continuing narrative with this title.

Now that it's being talked about I hope he comments
    Ask and ye shall receive:
    https://x.com/phillipkjohnson/status...487sLx_4UoiJsQ
    I’m leaving Action Comics after December. The final issue will be the double-sized 2023 Annual, right after Action 1060. ��
    Probably are giving him Tec (or maybe Ultimate Batman since he was a Scott Snyder pupil) as an olive branch to ease the blow of losing the book.

Spectacular Member

Aw this makes me sad. Now I’m betting that all of his plot threads will never be resolved

We still have 100 more pages of PKJ content left.

I don't even understand how writers could want to work for the big two right now, to invest so much time in a title for them to just put and end to your run like that it must be crushing.