Page 357 of 376 FirstFirst ... 257307347353354355356357358359360361367 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,355 of 5626
    Astonishing Member

Writing Superman book has been Waid's dream job for many years, and technically there's nothing what prevents him to write Action Comics run, set in the past.
    I wonder, what's next for PKJ.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Writing Superman book has been Waid's dream job for many years, and technically there's nothing what prevents him to write Action Comics run, set in the past.
    I wonder, what's next for PKJ.

Wow , I didn't expect to read this today . PKJ has been great on Action Comics , and it's hard to believe that either he wants out or being forced out . Superman needs a consistent good writer to stay on for an extended run .
    But Waid has a long history with DC . I do remember the pitch in 2000 with some other writers , and I remember that they basically wanted to end the marriage to Lois and kind of reboot Superman .
    When I first got into comics , Mark Waid was writing Flash ( Wally West ) and man that was a great run .
    I don't know what'll happen . I really hope that PKJ can continue writing Action as long as he wants . Unless sales are not that good , I don't know. Hard to really know nowadays what's really selling.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Will Mark Waid Write Superman In Action Comics In 2024? (Spoilers): https://bleedingcool.com/comics/will...2024-spoilers/
    Welp there we go. Only way Waid was taking over one of the main books was if the book was shifting back in time to his preferred time period. Sucks to see PKJ get the boot, and Waid has been on the decline for me with World’s Finest, but I’ll give him a chance. You should make a new thread for this.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    Wow , I didn't expect to read this today . PKJ has been great on Action Comics , and it's hard to believe that either he wants out or being forced out . Superman needs a consistent good writer to stay on for an extended run .
    But Waid has a long history with DC . I do remember the pitch in 2000 with some other writers , and I remember that they basically wanted to end the marriage to Lois and kind of reboot Superman .
    When I first got into comics , Mark Waid was writing Flash ( Wally West ) and man that was a great run .
    I don't know what'll happen . I really hope that PKJ can continue writing Action as long as he wants . Unless sales are not that good , I don't know. Hard to really know nowadays what's really selling.
    I can't quite see him actually wanting out on his own accord (barring some unknown and unforeseen behind the scenes kind of stuff) . Guy seems to be a genuine Superman fan based on everything he's said to this point and seems to truly enjoy writing the character.

I am truly bummed.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Me too. Like, I feel weird that it's even implied. But he juggles quite a lot even if only just speaking professionally. I would hope for a hiatus over an exit
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Adams on Flash and now PKJ on Action, well it seems that good comics at DC are not allowed...

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Granted for all we know Waid could very well be just writing a back-up on AC, who knows.

I was expecting Action to participate in Williamson's Superman event, I'm not sure if Waid would really work in that context. So at the moment I'm tbinking about a backup.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I'll be pretty gutted if PJK leaves, while not the most Earth-shattering of runs I have enjoyed most of it a heck of a lot.

I'm usually not a big fan of putting the toys back in the box, but he's got a lot of work to wrap up his whole Phaelosians stuff and I hope he does so before leaving (and gets rid Supes' extra kids).

Funny enough, just like Bendis, PJK feels like he's just getting running on his second act of the story, not winding down.

Waid taking over? Eh. I love World's Finest and his Titans book in the same setting, but he's not a name that excites me writing the main Superman book. With Williamson already doing a (less good) version of Waid's lighter cartoony style of book in Superman, so two might be overkill.

"Over a decade later, Mark Waid was offered the job of writing Action Comics, to replace James Robinson, who publisher Dan DiDio had fired over an office love triangle, until DiDio was informed by Warner Bros. corporate legal that he wasn't actually allowed to do that. So two days after the offer was made, it had to be withdrawn and Robinson reinstated and Waid refused to work for DC Comics again as a result."

Did I miss something? I don't remember James Robinson ever writing Action Comics.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I think they mixed up Action and Superman lol.

If I really would have picked a running mate for Waid it'd have been JMS so taking Action Comics around then would have worked
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

I was thinking about it, and if I have to choose between PKJ and Waid, I will always choose PKJ.
    I absolutely respect Waid, but he's too much of a traditionalist when it comes to Superman. It works in a title like World's Finest, it works in Black Label, but one of the main books? I don't know, his vision of Superman has been very outdated for years, especially when it comes to Clark and Lois relationship. Lots of things changed, I'm not sure lots of people will actually be interested.

This doesn't make all that much sense to me with Williamson and PKJ being pretty compatible storytelling wise right now and Waid not really fitting with that mold. It looks like a Jax-Ur story, which could easily be a backup. Though I would have thought PKJ would have debunked it by now. He's usually pretty vocal about that type of stuff. Maybe Waid is more willing to color within the current lines given he's got his two throwback books going to scratch that itch.

I've been enjoying PKJ's run on Action and have just started on Williamson's Superman run from the annual onto the next current arc after reading good things about Williamson's run on here and other forums. PKJ has been compatible with Williamson as Yoda mentioned, he's done his best to juggle a wide cast of Super family characters whilst also revamping villains such as Metallo and following up on plot threads from the Warworld Saga and his Empire of Shadows sub plot. Overall, PKJ and Williamson have delivered a solid period of mainline Superman comics along with Priest's interesting take in Superman: Lost & Waid delivering a home run in the first two arcs of his World's Finest series. I'd rather that World's Finest stay as it is with Waid and Mora rather than Waid taking over Action from PKJ. However, the lack of comment from Johnson indicates there's something to BC's rumour mill at least.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    You should make a new thread for this.
    I'd wait for an official announcement for that.

Yeah, we don't know yet if it's the main story or a backup. We only know he'll be doing something in Action Comics. New main writer would warrant a new thread. Backups tend not to.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman