Page 360 of 376 FirstFirst ... 260310350356357358359360361362363364370 ... LastLast
Results 5,386 to 5,400 of 5626
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I'll believe he was forced off when he's willing to say as much, but I can't imagine this issue was written by a guy who knew he was on borrowed time. Considering the pages he put on social media we basically have had this whole Superman story put out before the issue.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I'll believe he was forced off when he's willing to say as much, but I can't imagine this issue was written by a guy who knew he was on borrowed time. Considering the pages he put on social media we basically have had this whole Superman story put out before the issue.
    That’s why I never read previews , you basically end up reading half the issue before it’s even out. Waid currently has a Word Balloon interview going, let’s see if he has any hints to share about what’s coming up. I expect we’ll get an announcement one way or the other at NYCC and I definitely could see this being a sudden change from what was originally planned. Maybe they tapped PKJ for JL or to take over Tec from Ram V.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

At the very least this comment PKJ made on a recent AMA gives me hope there's no issue here

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

Mark Waid on Word Baloon. Relevant parts are at the 48:30 mark. Sounds like there's definite rapport with PKJ and they're in communication. Doesn't look like he's being replaced, but it remains to be seen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR3K1dJVwiQ

When someone mentions Super-Family, I always think of the old Super Family Title that I read in my dad's collection. Now with him mentioning it again, I wonder if they're going to try to revive that title with him. Assuming he's definitely off Action.

Maybe an Adventure Comics relaunch starring the House of El? I hope it’s not the end of PJK’s run OR of a Super-family book. The concept still has a lot more potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    At the very least this comment PKJ made on a recent AMA gives me hope there's no issue here

He’s using Steel over in John Stewart, that *might* be what he’s talking about. Also I could see him using the Supers in his John Stewart run, particularly Osul. It is the one spark of hope at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Maybe an Adventure Comics relaunch starring the House of El? I hope it’s not the end of PJK’s run OR of a Super-family book. The concept still has a lot more potential.
    It has occurred to me that maybe PKJ might be moved to another Superbook that gets relaunched in hopes of attracting more attention to what he’s doing. A new “Adventures of Superman” title perhaps. That would be fine with me, also it’s clear PKJ doesn’t actually want to write a team book. He just wants to write Clark and the Twins, a new book might allow him to do that. Next time they try a Superfamily title they need to get Yang to write it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lairston View Post
    When someone mentions Super-Family, I always think of the old Super Family Title that I read in my dad's collection. Now with him mentioning it again, I wonder if they're going to try to revive that title with him. Assuming he's definitely off Action.
    Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He’s using Steel over in John Stewart, that *might* be what he’s talking about. Also I could see him using the Supers in his John Stewart run, particularly Osul. It is the one spark of hope at least.

It has occurred to me that maybe PKJ might be moved to another Superbook that gets relaunched in hopes of attracting more attention to what he’s doing. A new “Adventures of Superman” title perhaps. That would be fine with me, also it’s clear PKJ doesn’t actually want to write a team book. He just wants to write Clark and the Twins, a new book might allow him to do that. Next time they try a Superfamily title they need to get Yang to write it.
    A Super Family/Adventure Comics/Adventures of Superman type thing would be awesome, would love to see it. Do we think DC will tack on a third ongoing? Feels like there is enough momentum at this point with all the Super-related content out there of late.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    A Super Family/Adventure Comics/Adventures of Superman type thing would be awesome, would love to see it. Do we think DC will tack on a third ongoing? Feels like there is enough momentum at this point with all the Super-related content out there of late.
    An ongoing probably not but maybe something like what Taylor got, a separate mini to wrap up his run. With Superman: Lost ending soon there would be an opening. Of course there’s also the Brainiac event coming next year, maybe DC is hoping to spin some new books out of that. A new Supergirl book for Kara, maybe a PKJ Super book, etc.

Spectacular Member

I've been enjoying PKJ's superfamily and I'm a little sad to see it go. Hopefully some of the plot threads like the twins/Olgrun won't be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Who knows how much in advance he has written.

Besides PKJ I’m really going to miss Sandoval if they’re both leaving. Two arcs isn’t enough, we kept getting great artists for this run but none of them ever stuck around for long:

His approach to Clark interviewing someone and using his powers was great. Made the whole thing feel much more tense.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

The fact that Nora is very clearly apart of the League makes her an even worse hypocrite.

Its not about protecting humans from aliens, its about being jealous of power she doesn't have for herself. All this is ultimately about them wanting to be the big dogs and considering anyone who isn't aligned with them a threat.

Just like those rat bastards Orchis from X-Men.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    The fact that Nora is very clearly apart of the League makes her an even worse hypocrite.

Its not about protecting humans from aliens, its about being jealous of power she doesn't have for herself. All this is ultimately about them wanting to be the big dogs and considering anyone who isn't aligned with them a threat.

Just like those rat bastards Orchis from X-Men.
    Is'nt that what clark and superman book does?Clark's morality.his ideals.His viewpoint.It's he who is paramount.The closest thing clark has for yin to his yang is lex..And that guy is a villain.She is just mirroring clark.I chuckled at thr crusade part.These superheroes batman,superman..etc are knights on crusades or jihad or whatever other nonsense.But that was atleast interesting conversation.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Is'nt that what clark and superman book does?Clark's morality.his ideals.His viewpoint.It's he who is paramount.The closest thing clark has for yin to his yang is lex..And that guy is a villain.She is just mirroring clark.I chuckled at thr crusade part.These superheroes batman,superman..etc are knights on crusades or jihad or whatever other nonsense.But that was atleast interesting conversation.
    That's not a very flattering comparison...