Page 317 of 376 FirstFirst ... 217267307313314315316317318319320321327367 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,755 of 5626
    Spectacular Member

Opening story OK. Too much speech making. Too many heroes in one room. Kenan works better on his own. So does Connor. Nice to see a return to "The City of Tomorrow."
    Didn't really get, and don't want to get, the young Jon story. From Lazarus Planet, his solo series might shape out to be good.
    Female Kryptonian Telepathy! Of all the things from the seventies to make a come-back!
    In Adventure Comics 397, Supergirl performed a mind-meld. In the letter column four issues later, Mike Sekowsky justifies it based on Action Comics 268, in which Supergirl claims she has one power up on Superman, Super-Feminine-Intuition. With training from an Atlantean or Saturnian friend, she was full-on telepathic. (Yeah, yeah, Lazarus Planet. As if that makes any more sense.) And now Power Girl is opening some sort of counseling clinic with Lillith. OK, then. I was hoping for Atlee to make a come-back, and, well, that whole vibe. I guess we'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Lol, that’s one way to spice up the Earth-bound lovin’

Speaking of dialogue in the Jurgens backup, haven’t read the issue yet myself, but hopefully it won’t be too distracting or detrimental moving forward. I’m finding the same thing with Malik in Black Adam by Priest, who I do generally like.
    Yeah Priest’s Malik is very boomer-esque lol. Jurgens’ Jon is mostly fine, it’s just kinda generic if that makes sense? Tomasi remains the best kid Jon writer. But if you liked Jon in the New 52 Lois & Clark then you should like him here.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Jurgens keeping canon that Superman spent 10 years wearing a black suit and hiding in a farm in California, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Jurgens keeping canon that Superman spent 10 years wearing a black suit and hiding in a farm in California, lol.
    That implies Superbro was around too.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    That implies Superbro was around too.
    Nah, not under Jurgens. lol. He is just keeping his poor selling L&C mini relevant. Somehow Clark lived in a farm hiding as White. They go back to the old farm from the mini. idk. Superman's continuity is a messy joke.

"Everything is canon", remember?

Astonishing Member

Read it, after years of non-superhero comics, out of curiosity.
    I may have lost some taste for this type of books, but it was better than expected, even if it was more of a introduction than anything else. I've had the sensation that it may be very reminiscent of the triangle era, especially in terms of rhythm and characterization - probably Sandoval's style plays a role, too. To a degree, it looks like a merger between Loeb's Superman and Jurgens' Superman - or, to put it better, what Jurgens' and Simonson's Superman would have been if they had implemented the idea of a futuristic Metropolis with a slightly more realistic approach (whereas Loeb's and Kelly's was more cartoonish).
    A very crowded book though, even if the new entries are not bad, especially the twins. Even Jon, a character I can't stand, is a bit more tolerable as part of a squad.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Rebirth / Last Days / Reborn and that "Superman & Lois in the shadows" series was like the most Doctor Whovian thing ever. Poor Jon Kent. To even exist his life has to involve multiple sequential spans-of-years timejumps. I was chuckling about that while I read this. Turning Super-continuity into a cluster-**** used to mess with my brain but when they embraced it suddenly it worked for me.

Gorgeous art in that chapter.

I like the Power Girl & Lilith backup, too. It could come off as slight or like practice/play for an upcoming writer, but bringing Garfield in and running a few link-ups to stories past like a history of Slade beef, Dark Crisis, and the "Red Beast Boy" period kind of made the new spin feel relevant to the greater DCU. Plus she gets a great jacket, Lilith ditches the overloaded monk robes, and the art was clean and poppy.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

New podcast interview with PKJ by Comic Source: https://lrmonline.com/news/talking-s...nnedy-johnson/

I’ll give it a listen when I have the time
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Let's hope the classic version of Maxima, the one who went against Doomsday face to face.
    Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    co-signed on the classic version of Maxima. The one in Supergirl was an alright character, but she wasn't Maxima.
    Hear, hear.

So I guess DC is quietly pretending Sanctuary never existed now?

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    So I guess DC is quietly pretending Sanctuary never existed now?
    From Heroes in Crisis? They’ve been ignoring that since it finished.

Shame because Sanctuary was a cool concept wasted on a lame event.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Shame because Sanctuary was a cool concept wasted on a lame event.
    Well, if they brought it back, they'd have to address the fact that it was terrible for mental health and acknowledge how badly the Trinity screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Well, if they brought it back, they'd have to address the fact that it was terrible for mental health and acknowledge how badly the Trinity screwed up.
    I don't see them acknowledging it any time soon. So ignoring it is for the best.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-24-2023 at 06:51 PM.