Page 356 of 376 FirstFirst ... 256306346352353354355356357358359360366 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,340 of 5626

Definitely sounds like a bombastic finale, I hope PKJ can stick the landing.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

In fairness the Warworld Saga was resolved with an oversized one-shot as well.

Though huh since starts in issue 1057, then adding in 58, 59, 60, and annual would make it a 5 issue arc technically.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I'd really hate for PKJ to leave, hopefully we can get some clarifcation. All of his interviews made it clear Action is a book DC would have to force him off, so this makes me sad if he didn't leave on his own.

Incredible Member

Funny. If it weren't for the order of release, I would have sworn AC 1060 was the start of a new arc and chronologically after the Annual. Even with the order of release, I'm not fully convinced that's not the case.

I do wonder if this Blue Earth/multiversal League of Assassins arc is the Multiverse arc PKJ mentioned in interviews since before Clark left for Warworld. If it is, I'm a bit disappointed, since I was hopping for a journey through the multiverse instead of a conflict with one specific villain family from another Earth, but it is what it is. I am curious how Otho-Ra ties into this, since I don't believe she was mentioned in solicits before this, and now she sounds like a very major character for this arc.

As for whether that's his last issue... PKJ did say as of last week (in the AMA thread Vordan posted) that he still has lots of plans with the Super-family, with his Old God lore, etc. And he's proven himself to be willing to roll with whatever mandate DC gives him. He's spoken of using Zod in the future and Casey's upcoming Zod run (including a back-up in PKJ's own book, apparently) perfectly lines up with that. My assumption is that Last Son of Krypton is right and this is just tying things up before an event.

Yeah that solicit for the Annual makes it sound like it’s the end of his run, but since it also is tying back to plot threads he seeded back at the start of the Warworld Saga, that could just be what it’s referring to. If he’s really leaving my guess is it’s because of both sales (duh) and because he hasn’t really been writing Action as a “team book”, and maybe editorial wants someone who will write Action more in line with something like Tynion Tec. No clue who they want for that job, maybe Waid? I’d pick Yang if he’s up for it. At least Taylor has Titans and Nightwing to occupy him so hopefully he won’t add Action.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Peep the cowl on the right, I knew it was the Empire of Shadows! The Superfamily vs. the Evil Batfamily is a cool note to go out on if nothing else.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah that solicit for the Annual makes it sound like it’s the end of his run, but since it also is tying back to plot threads he seeded back at the start of the Warworld Saga, that could just be what it’s referring to. If he’s really leaving my guess is it’s because of both sales (duh) and because he hasn’t really been writing Action as a “team book”, and maybe editorial wants someone who will write Action more in line with something like Tynion Tec. No clue who they want for that job, maybe Waid? I’d pick Yang if he’s up for it. At least Taylor has Titans and Nightwing to occupy him so hopefully he won’t add Action.
    Did you see Taylor tease he has another Jon book coming? He posted a art teaser on his twitter a few days ago. https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...80137280913824

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Did you see Taylor tease he has another Jon book coming? He posted a art teaser on his twitter a few days ago. https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...80137280913824
    I did. 6 months ago I might have cried but now? I don’t care, I give up on him. Lord if Taylor is taking over Action I’ll be furious, but he already has so much on his plate I don’t see him taking on another ongoing right now. Most likely he’ll be using Jon in the post Beast World Titans book. If Action is up for grabs I expect Tom King will be begging editorial to let him take over, he’s wanted a Superman book for ages per his own words, and he might finally get it since he’s in good with the new boss (Gunn).

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Funny. If it weren't for the order of release, I would have sworn AC 1060 was the start of a new arc and chronologically after the Annual. Even with the order of release, I'm not fully convinced that's not the case.

I do wonder if this Blue Earth/multiversal League of Assassins arc is the Multiverse arc PKJ mentioned in interviews since before Clark left for Warworld. If it is, I'm a bit disappointed, since I was hopping for a journey through the multiverse instead of a conflict with one specific villain family from another Earth, but it is what it is. I am curious how Otho-Ra ties into this, since I don't believe she was mentioned in solicits before this, and now she sounds like a very major character for this arc.

As for whether that's his last issue... PKJ did say as of last week (in the AMA thread Vordan posted) that he still has lots of plans with the Super-family, with his Old God lore, etc. And he's proven himself to be willing to roll with whatever mandate DC gives him. He's spoken of using Zod in the future and Casey's upcoming Zod run (including a back-up in PKJ's own book, apparently) perfectly lines up with that. My assumption is that Last Son of Krypton is right and this is just tying things up before an event.
    True considering all this should have been planned way in advance, if PKJ is talking like he still has stuff to do then he most likely is still on the book.

If Norah Stone is indeed working with the Empire of Shadows, her still being the apparent main antagonist indicates the they aren't permanently being dealt with cause the solicits don't mention the actual guy in charge Evil Batman. So Norah is probably the vanguard showcasing that the Empire has fully begun their plans to invade Prime-Earth and her defeat will be another setback in Batman's plans.

I thought that Terror Knights would have given time for Sandoval to get ahead, but no, he is not doing either of the last two issues. Oh well.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    While I’m bummed if it is indeed the end of PKJ’s run, I certainly enjoyed it a whole hell of a lot. Yang picking it up would be awesome. I’d be okay with Waid too I guess, but I have been starting to get a little bored with WF so I dunno… wonder if they’d go the relative unknown/newcomer like they did with PKJ…

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Well I was certainly no fan of his Jon book, but I will say that I do dig this look for him anyway.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

I think that it is more likely that PKJ will be moved to something like Superman: House of El series than that his run is ending.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I tend to like turnover but that particular change would make me sad
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I thought that Terror Knights would have given time for Sandoval to get ahead, but no, he is not doing either of the last two issues. Oh well.
    Only consistent artist we had for the whole run was Sampere haha. Shame, but for the most part the filler wasn’t bad, they should’ve tapped someone like Mendonca to be a rotating artist for the book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    True considering all this should have been planned way in advance, if PKJ is talking like he still has stuff to do then he most likely is still on the book.

If Norah Stone is indeed working with the Empire of Shadows, her still being the apparent main antagonist indicates the they aren't permanently being dealt with cause the solicits don't mention the actual guy in charge Evil Batman. So Norah is probably the vanguard showcasing that the Empire has fully begun their plans to invade Prime-Earth and her defeat will be another setback in Batman's plans.
    The cover for the Annual is blurred, deliberately so I suspect, to keep the identities of who the Superfamily are fighting secret. The central figure appears to be Evil Old Man Bruce, and I don’t think PKJ will end his Action run on a cliffhanger. If the Empire of Shadows are showing up, we will see Superman vs. Evil Batman as the climax, count on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    While I’m bummed if it is indeed the end of PKJ’s run, I certainly enjoyed it a whole hell of a lot. Yang picking it up would be awesome. I’d be okay with Waid too I guess, but I have been starting to get a little bored with WF so I dunno… wonder if they’d go the relative unknown/newcomer like they did with PKJ…

Well I was certainly no fan of his Jon book, but I will say that I do dig this look for him anyway.
    I was just throwing out names, but really there’s no way Waid is taking over. Only scenario where he’d do one of the main Superman ongoings is if he could set it in the “Neo-Silver Age” period World’s Finest is in. I could see him taking over from Williamson and that book going back to that time period since Superman is a solo book, but unless they’re abandoning Action being the Superfamily book there’s no way Waid would take over. Taylor is also rumored to be doing Aquaman, if true I think we’re safe from him for now. If they are abandoning Action as a team book, then I still think King is the most likely choice to take over, he only has WW and Penguin and I could see Penguin just being a stealth 12 issue maxi. If DC wants to keep Action as the Superfamily book, then my guess is either Yang or Watters will take over. PKJ and Watters are close, I could see him nominating Watters to take over.
    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think that it is more likely that PKJ will be moved to something like Superman: House of El series than that his run is ending.
    Would love to see that but I think it’s unlikely. Good chance we do get more Superman stories from PKJ through Black Label if his star keeps rising, maybe he and Federeci could reunite to do that Geiger esque Brainiac story PKJ wants to do.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Will Mark Waid Write Superman In Action Comics In 2024? (Spoilers): https://bleedingcool.com/comics/will...2024-spoilers/