Page 310 of 376 FirstFirst ... 210260300306307308309310311312313314320360 ... LastLast
Results 4,636 to 4,650 of 5626

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Could it be Zod?
    He seemed to want to save Zod for the end of his run where Zod would be involved in the final fate of the Phaelosians. Kaminski did say that Zod would be important in 2023, whether he was simply referring to Val returning I can’t say. My personal guess is that the next villain after Metallo will be Conduit & Aethyr, which would allow him to pay off all the buildup he’s done regarding a sleeping god being the force behind Genesis, with said force having touched Conduit’s mind.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Repost for the lazy asses that don't check all the pages:

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    New Word Balloon Interview

-Wrote the beginning and ending of 1050 and worked mostly with Perkins but also contributed in other areas with that issue, Taylor wrote most of the Kent Farm and Clark/Jon scenes, and Williamson mostly wrote the Lex scenes
    -Praises how the FROM Software games create this extensive backstory and lore for their worlds but don’t spoon feed it to the player, says that definitely influenced him alongside influences he’s already mentioned such as Tolkien and GRRM
    -When conversations about restoring Clark’s secret identity happened behind the scenes, he was the only one who wasn’t gung ho about it and tried to put the brakes on it to at least talk about it first. Loved the Bendis issue where Perry finds out and the Jimmy issue. He thought there were still relationships Superman had that should have been explored in the context of him being outed. Reason that they did it is they wanted to refocus on “classic Superman”. Williamson was the one who came up with Lex being the one who did it and they did that so it wouldn’t be Superman going “I made a mistake”
    -Williamson wanted to use Metallo but PKJ called dibs for him until his story is finished, in return PKJ is keeping Lex as more of a man pulling the strings to allow Williamson more freedom to use him
    -Metallo’s sanity is going to be connected to the biomechanical form he now possess, PKJ is leaning into the horror of his current state
    -1050 was setting the stage and the new stories come next, the jumping on point is meant to be Superman #1, Action Comics #1051, etc.
    -Gushes over how much he loves Steel, also teases Krypto will be showing up in Action
    -Talks about a character he wants to write a story for one day, someone Superman defeated in his early days, who gets out and Superman keeps tabs on them and tries to help them rebuild their life. Would be a human who basically spent their entire life in Metropolis
    -Kara and the Ra kids will be growing close
    -Osul being a New God will continue to cause problems for Superman going forward, the New Gods will continue to be a presence in Action going forward
    -Wrote a WW short that will come out in conjunction with Lazarus Planet
    -In about a month and a half there will be a new announcement about a new ongoing he’s doing, says it will be a big deal (maybe not Aquaman like I thought after all?)
    -Metropolis feelings towards Kryptonians will be explored, there will be both supporters and protestors
    -Lex knowing Clark’s identity will color their interactions going forward, to PKJ it didn’t make sense for Clark to want to restore the secret identity, but Lex taking the choice out of his hands worked for him
    -His first take on Manchester’s death was very dark and crude, but he reworked it because he didn’t think he could get away with that in a Superman book
    -John Henry and Natasha will be very important in Action in addition to Steelworks, you will actually see the skyline of Metropolis start to change in 1051, there’s a new building that’s very important, those two will be the architects for the new Metropolis
    -He does know who will be writing Steelworks but can’t reveal just yet, says he actually needs to send an email to them to coordinate them
    -Bendis New Avengers run is a big influence on how he’s structuring his Action run, the Metallo arc will lead into the next arc

That’s all the Superman stuff in Part 1
    Part 2

-He wants to have a Future Foundation book that gathers all of the superhero kids like the Ra twins, the West twins, etc and have them all be trained at Steelworks by JHI and other superheroes, says he wouldn’t write that one himself
    -Doesn’t plan to give the Ra twins human names, the world will know they’re alien refugees
    -During YotV he was going to do a Spectre story where that version of Spectre would be Earth 3 Bruce tormenting Owlman and the Crime Syndicate for their crimes after they had died
    -His next ongoing has covers that are inspired by the Jim Aparo covers for Adventure Comics which starred the Spectre and Aquaman (ok I’m back to believing it’s Aquaman he’s doing)
    -Had trouble wrapping his head around the 5G timeline and how that would mean every Batman in his prime story would be in the 80s
    -Hasn’t talked to Gunn but thinks it’s likely that Gunn has read his stuff and expects that bits from current runs will show up in the movies, if they ever do adapt The Warworld Saga outside of comics he’s got tons of backstory for Warworld that he would love to share (mentions Earthlings besides Clark and the Authority are on Warworld descended from slaves taken long ago, shrines to Mongul, lots that we didn’t get to see)
    -Relates the most to Conner in the Superfamily, wants to let him do cool ****
    -Clark and Lois will have to deal with Osul’s New God powers which are totally different in nature from the standard Kryptonian/Phaelosian powerset
    -Kenan is interesting to him because he’s human and he’s not inherently virtuous, saw Kenan and Kon as becoming fast friends
    -PKJ kept the language barrier! Kon is going to try and teach Kenan English through video games and action movies lmaooooo. The two will bond but it’s not going to be totally affectionate, the two of them will be talking ****
    -Like Kon, Kenan is on the outside, and he thinks he’s hot **** compared to everyone else
    -Discussion was had over having a Supergirls book with Kara, Thao, Othul, Natasha, and possibly someone else, unfortunately it didn’t happen
    -Criminal element in Metropolis is about to level up significantly to be able to pose a challenge to the Superfamily, similar to how Gotham crime responded to Batman
    -Metallo is going to be able to raise others as Unmade the way the Warzoon necromancers do
    -Wants every villain showing up in Action to act as a foil to Superman in some way
    -Metallo is the gun whose bullets pierce Superman and whom Superman can’t trash as opposed to the iconic scenes of bullets bouncing off Superman or destroying guns
    -Sees the Superfamily as equivalent to the Knights of the Round Table
    -Hints that the next villain after Metallo will be an even greater threat
    -Conner looks at Jon currently as the guy he thought he was, Superman’s son and heir, and Jon is looking at the Ra twins in the same way as the ones who took his spot
    -Everyone thinks someone else is Clark’s favorite

He seemed to want to save Zod for the end of his run where Zod would be involved in the final fate of the Phaelosians. Kaminski did say that Zod would be important in 2023, whether he was simply referring to Val returning I can’t say. My personal guess is that the next villain after Metallo will be Conduit & Aethyr, which would allow him to pay off all the buildup he’s done regarding a sleeping god being the force behind Genesis, with said force having touched Conduit’s mind.
    So it's not him.

I wouldn't call Conduit a "greater threat" than Metallo, but if he gets a "godly" upgrade... 🤔
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 01-03-2023 at 02:35 PM.

So it's not him.

I wouldn't call Conduit a "greater threat" than Metallo, but if he gets a "godly" upgrade... ��
    Here’s my thought process for why it might be Conduit/Aethyr:

Given all the teases regarding Genesis and it’s connection to some entity, an entity that is clearly powerful and said to be “sleeping”, PKJ saying the next arc after Metallo will involve a revamp of another classic Superman Rogue, and that 2021 Annual involving the FS House of El characters going into the Phantom Zone - which has transformed into a hell after Aethyr “woke up” hint hint - I think I know who will be the focus of PKJ’s next arc after Metallo: Conduit and Aethyr. I bet the next arc involves the Superfamily traveling to the Phantom Zone and confronting Conduit who has become pumped full of Genesis energy to replace his former Kryptonite power and serves Aethyr. Might even see Xa-Du because
    1. If it’s in the PZ it makes sense for him to show up
    2. Conduit’s speech bubbles after touching the Genesis fragment are very reminiscent of Xa’s:

3. He’s a Morrison creation who could easily be tied to Aethyr in some way

Regardless I’m very confident that the back half of 2023 will involve payoff to all the teases regarding the nature of Genesis.
    If it’s not them then I think Mxy is the next likeliest choice since PKJ has said he’s a fan of the character, and Mxy is powerful enough to pose a huge challenge even to all the Supers.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Part 2

-He wants to have a Future Foundation book that gathers all of the superhero kids like the Ra twins, the West twins, etc and have them all be trained at Steelworks by JHI and other superheroes, says he wouldn’t write that one himself
    -Doesn’t plan to give the Ra twins human names, the world will know they’re alien refugees
    -During YotV he was going to do a Spectre story where that version of Spectre would be Earth 3 Bruce tormenting Owlman and the Crime Syndicate for their crimes after they had died
    -His next ongoing has covers that are inspired by the Jim Aparo covers for Adventure Comics which starred the Spectre and Aquaman (ok I’m back to believing it’s Aquaman he’s doing)
    -Had trouble wrapping his head around the 5G timeline and how that would mean every Batman in his prime story would be in the 80s
    -Hasn’t talked to Gunn but thinks it’s likely that Gunn has read his stuff and expects that bits from current runs will show up in the movies, if they ever do adapt The Warworld Saga outside of comics he’s got tons of backstory for Warworld that he would love to share (mentions Earthlings besides Clark and the Authority are on Warworld descended from slaves taken long ago, shrines to Mongul, lots that we didn’t get to see)
    -Clark and Lois will have to deal with Osul’s New God powers which are totally different in nature from the standard Kryptonian/Phaelosian powerset
    -Kenan is interesting to him because he’s human and he’s not inherently virtuous, saw Kenan and Kon as becoming fast friends
    -PKJ kept the language barrier! Kon is going to try and teach Kenan English through video games and action movies lmaooooo. The two will bond but it’s not going to be totally affectionate, the two of them will be talking ****
    -Like Kon, Kenan is on the outside, and he thinks he’s hot **** compared to everyone else
    -Discussion was had over having a Supergirls book with Kara, Thao, Othul, Natasha, and possibly someone else, unfortunately it didn’t happen
    -Criminal element in Metropolis is about to level up significantly to be able to pose a challenge to the Superfamily, similar to how Gotham crime responded to Batman
    -Metallo is going to be able to raise others as Unmade the way the Warzoon necromancers do
    -Wants every villain showing up in Action to act as a foil to Superman in some way
    -Metallo is the gun whose bullets pierce Superman and whom Superman can’t trash as opposed to the iconic scenes of bullets bouncing off Superman or destroying guns
    -Conner looks at Jon currently as the guy he thought he was, Superman’s son and heir, and Jon is looking at the Ra twins in the same way as the ones who took his spot
    I've been wondering how he was going to handle Kenan!

Im super excited for this book! I like how Kenan thinks he's top class! Thats the Kenan we know and love!

Kenan and Kon talking **** sounds class

Everyone thinking each other is Clarks favourite sounds great!

Here’s my thought process for why it might be Conduit/Aethyr:

If it’s not them then I think Mxy is the next likeliest choice since PKJ has said he’s a fan of the character, and Mxy is powerful enough to pose a huge challenge even to all the Supers.
    Got it. 🤔

Wasn't there a mention of a multiverse arc coming after Metallo's? Or I'm misremembering?

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    No doubt in my mind that Clark going public was editorial. It's what DC does; blame the character for being "broken" instead of admit to doing a bad job, then throw a giant status quo change into the mix expecting it to somehow fix things. Then backtrack as soon as it doesn't work out the way they foolishly hope it will.

Y'all blame Bendis for outing Clark, but 5G was already the plan when he came onboard. This was on Didio and whoever helped him make decisions.

As much as I think the duality of Clark/Superman is critical to the character and a source of limitless pathos and stories, the idea that he goes public later in life has precedence for days and I would've been fine with it sticking. We never got the stories that explored how a man who had spent his entire existence living two lives adjusted to just living one, how Clark had to re-learn how to handle every aspect of his life without that big lie in the middle of everything....it could've been pretty gods damn amazing. What Bendis did with the original "outing" story was damn solid, but the follow up never materialized. Wasted opportunity, which is basically all of Super history these last twenty-thirty years.

As long as the United Planets sticks around and Clark remains a big player there, I'll be satisfied. But I gotta admit, I was holding out hope that PKJ would bring Clark back to earth and dig into the psychology of him being public and how that's affected his life. Alas.
    I think the biggest impact of the identity reveal were the initial issues dealing with the aftermath and the one-shots.

I think maybe if they planned out a slower burn for bringing it back they could have explored it more while still planning it out to be temporary, but they probably just want to get the ground running on this new era.
    Part 2

There are always plans for these kids...will they finally materialize?

So they wanted to do a "Supergirls" book ala Batgirls but I don't think it would have gone over as well. Like, Babs, Cass, and Steph I can see but to most it would come off like Kara's book getting crowded with a bunch of randos. Just give Kara a book (and her skirt back).

I wonder if we're getting an upgraded Intergang?

Of course he thinks his material will get used in a movie .

He seems to have Conner and Kenan's personalities down.

Knights of the Round Table makes sense given the House of El thing the set up in Future State.

Got it. ��

Wasn't there a mention of a multiverse arc coming after Metallo's? Or I'm misremembering?
    There’s a Multiverse arc coming but it wasn’t clear if it’s the one after Metallo. It will start this year at least. I’m pretty over the Multiverse but the Metallo arc goes to June so maybe I’ll feel differently if it does start in July.

There’s a Multiverse arc coming but it wasn’t clear if it’s the one after Metallo. It will start this year at least. I’m pretty over the Multiverse but the Metallo arc goes to June so maybe I’ll feel differently if it does start in July.
    If it's meant to start this year, it should be right after Metallo arc. PKJ writes long story-arcs, and will likely do only one another arc in the 2nd half of 2023.

I hope it is Aethyr. He’s long overdue for a big story. He’s a massive threat and something Superman can’t simply punch away.

Having the Phantom King as his herald would be awesome.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    No doubt in my mind that Clark going public was editorial. It's what DC does; blame the character for being "broken" instead of admit to doing a bad job, then throw a giant status quo change into the mix expecting it to somehow fix things. Then backtrack as soon as it doesn't work out the way they foolishly hope it will.

Y'all blame Bendis for outing Clark, but 5G was already the plan when he came onboard. This was on Didio and whoever helped him make decisions.

As much as I think the duality of Clark/Superman is critical to the character and a source of limitless pathos and stories, the idea that he goes public later in life has precedence for days and I would've been fine with it sticking. We never got the stories that explored how a man who had spent his entire existence living two lives adjusted to just living one, how Clark had to re-learn how to handle every aspect of his life without that big lie in the middle of everything....it could've been pretty gods damn amazing. What Bendis did with the original "outing" story was damn solid, but the follow up never materialized. Wasted opportunity, which is basically all of Super history these last twenty-thirty years.

As long as the United Planets sticks around and Clark remains a big player there, I'll be satisfied. But I gotta admit, I was holding out hope that PKJ would bring Clark back to earth and dig into the psychology of him being public and how that's affected his life. Alas.
    I mean, the lead editor for the Superman books literally tweeted yesterday it’s the first thing he wanted to do when he got hired for the job. This guy was not the lead editor for the line when bendis was around or when 5G was being planned, so this isn’t a big conspiracy.

With how in sync the Superman writers are supposed to be right now, I wonder if the multiverse arc will be the aftermath of what happens in adventures of Jon Kent, because that seems like too much of a coincidence.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I mean, the lead editor for the Superman books literally tweeted yesterday it’s the first thing he wanted to do when he got hired for the job. This guy was not the lead editor for the line when bendis was around or when 5G was being planned, so this isn’t a big conspiracy.
    The publisher went over the heads of a lot of people for 5G. This is pretty clear. Morrison's Substack confirms basically Snyder tried to stage an "intervention" against 5G ("DC’s most prominent writer at the time, someone I respect a great deal, called to enlist my aid in what he described as an ‘intervention'") and a bunch of people within editorial left in 2019 and that apparently played some role in eventually the firing in February of 2020. I think you can definitely attribute aging up Jon as something that was pushed by the publisher for the grand plans in regards to 5G. If you look at the writers planned for the 5G weekly (Rucka/Fraction/KSD), they were parachuted into writing gigs such as Lois Lane/Jimmy Olsen/Aquaman after Bendis became the head writer on Action/Superman.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 01-03-2023 at 05:09 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I like how Metallo seems to be evolving into some kind of biomechanical abomination.

Its a pretty cool bit for him beyond just being a Kryptonite robot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    The publisher went over the heads of a lot of people for 5G. This is pretty clear. Morrison's Substack confirms basically Snyder tried to stage an "intervention" against 5G ("DC’s most prominent writer at the time, someone I respect a great deal, called to enlist my aid in what he described as an ‘intervention'") and a bunch of people within editorial left in 2019 and that apparently played some role in eventually the firing in February of 2020. I think you can definitely attribute aging up Jon as something that was pushed by the publisher for the grand plans in regards to 5G. If you look at the writers planned for the 5G weekly (Rucka/Fraction/KSD), they were parachuted into writing gigs such as Lois Lane/Jimmy Olsen/Aquaman after Bendis became the head writer on Action/Superman.
    Man someone really has to write a book about the entire behind the scenes mess that was 5G.

Incredible Member

Re:The interview:

- I'll assume when PKJ says "I contributed stuff other than the scenes I wrote", he means the part where Clark shows Lex a taste of his actual current power. He's been talking about stuff like that for a while.
    - Yeah, I suspected PKJ was genuine about his appreciation of the public identity, given that "I never thought the secret identity fit with Superman" is such an absolutely bonkers take that you can't make it up. That said, should have done more with it then. He has had a bunch of non-Warworld Saga issues, after all.
    - The part with them executing it in such a way that Clark doesn't need to consider revealing himself a mistake is in direct contradiction with Kaminsky's tweets and I love it.
    - THANK GOD they didn't use Metallo for AC1050, that would have been an absolute waste.
    - De-emphasizing the Kryptonite and re-emphasizing the body horror aspect of Metallo (beyond just the sensory deprivation stuff) is certainly a good decision.
    - He might say that Superman #1 and AC #1051 are the actual jumping on points, but it should have been AC1050, we all know that. Wasted issue besides the reset, really.
    - Kara and Otho/Osul interacting and bonding is everything I want from these two kids before they are inevitably written out. There's so much potential there.
    - How wild would it be if the new ongoing he's doing is The Spectre? I mean, he has mentioned plenty of times that he's held back on stuff because he considers it too dark for Superman, he does mention nearly doing a Spectre of Earth 3 story.
    - Coordinating with the writer of Steelworks? Might not be just a one-shot as I had assumed, after all.
    - Well, Future Foundation with the West twins and the rest already sounds more interesting than many previous takes on the Teen Titans
    - YES YES YES, Otho and Osul are publicly aliens. Daily Planet reporters Clark Kent and Lois Lane publicly adopted superpowered alien refugees. This is everything I wanted.
    - The Kon and Kenan dynamic sounds fun!
    - We need a Supergirl book at some point. I don't know if the one pitched would have been it, but we need a Supergirl book sometime soon.
    - Conner having an identity crisis seeing Jon while Jon has an identity crisis seeing the kids (and then Osul has an identity crisis because of the whole Mad God Soul Fragment thing) sounds fun.
    - It'd be hilarious if everyone thought Jon was Clark's favorite except Jon.

Overall, this makes me even more excited for Action Comics than I previously was.
    Last edited by Quinlan58; 01-03-2023 at 06:50 PM.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

New Word Balloon Interview

-Wrote the beginning and ending of 1050 and worked mostly with Perkins but also contributed in other areas with that issue, Taylor wrote most of the Kent Farm and Clark/Jon scenes, and Williamson mostly wrote the Lex scenes
    -Praises how the FROM Software games create this extensive backstory and lore for their worlds but don’t spoon feed it to the player, says that definitely influenced him alongside influences he’s already mentioned such as Tolkien and GRRM
    -When conversations about restoring Clark’s secret identity happened behind the scenes, he was the only one who wasn’t gung ho about it and tried to put the brakes on it to at least talk about it first. Loved the Bendis issue where Perry finds out and the Jimmy issue. He thought there were still relationships Superman had that should have been explored in the context of him being outed. Reason that they did it is they wanted to refocus on “classic Superman”. Williamson was the one who came up with Lex being the one who did it and they did that so it wouldn’t be Superman going “I made a mistake”
    -Williamson wanted to use Metallo but PKJ called dibs for him until his story is finished, in return PKJ is keeping Lex as more of a man pulling the strings to allow Williamson more freedom to use him
    -Metallo’s sanity is going to be connected to the biomechanical form he now possess, PKJ is leaning into the horror of his current state
    -1050 was setting the stage and the new stories come next, the jumping on point is meant to be Superman #1, Action Comics #1051, etc.
    -Gushes over how much he loves Steel, also teases Krypto will be showing up in Action
    -Talks about a character he wants to write a story for one day, someone Superman defeated in his early days, who gets out and Superman keeps tabs on them and tries to help them rebuild their life. Would be a human who basically spent their entire life in Metropolis
    -Kara and the Ra kids will be growing close
    -Osul being a New God will continue to cause problems for Superman going forward, the New Gods will continue to be a presence in Action going forward
    -Wrote a WW short that will come out in conjunction with Lazarus Planet
    -In about a month and a half there will be a new announcement about a new ongoing he’s doing, says it will be a big deal (maybe not Aquaman like I thought after all?)
    -Metropolis feelings towards Kryptonians will be explored, there will be both supporters and protestors
    -Lex knowing Clark’s identity will color their interactions going forward, to PKJ it didn’t make sense for Clark to want to restore the secret identity, but Lex taking the choice out of his hands worked for him
    -His first take on Manchester’s death was very dark and crude, but he reworked it because he didn’t think he could get away with that in a Superman book
    -John Henry and Natasha will be very important in Action in addition to Steelworks, you will actually see the skyline of Metropolis start to change in 1051, there’s a new building that’s very important, those two will be the architects for the new Metropolis
    -He does know who will be writing Steelworks but can’t reveal just yet, says he actually needs to send an email to them to coordinate them
    -Bendis New Avengers run is a big influence on how he’s structuring his Action run, the Metallo arc will lead into the next arc

That’s all the Superman stuff in Part 1
    Pretty excited for all the Steel stuff coming, especially JHI and Nat being the architects of a new Metropolis.

Feel the same about the identity reveal, particularly the Jimmy and Perry scenes being quite memorable. I'll surely not complain about the secret ID coming back, but I will miss at least the lost potential of some interesting stories and character development later in Clark's life as being public. Secret ID coming back was inevitable, but woulda been nice to see more. Maybe something someone can explore in Black Label or Elseworld format.

Part 2

Loving the potential for the Kenan stuff. Was fearing he'd just be showing up in random panels here and there in group shots but it's certainly sounding like he's got a solid plan for the whole ensemble.

Would have really liked a Kara-based Supergirls type book. If he pitched it once, maybe the idea will linger to the point of at least getting at least something out of it, mini or otherwise.

Steelworks as a training den, f'n awesome.

Him having seemingly endless background material for Warworld begs for a hardcover special edition where that stuff can be fleshed out.

Wonder if he and Morrison have similar thoughts and influences on the Knights of the Round Table aspect. Showed up in the Authority book.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog