Page 273 of 376 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277283323373 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,095 of 5626
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    LMAO. Not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    He'll mainly get asked when Jon will be de-aged? 10100101
    I’m hoping neither John nor PKJ even acknowledges the whiners at this point, don’t repeat yourself over and over again, just answer the questions asked by people genuinely interested in your run.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m hoping neither John nor PKJ even acknowledges the whiners at this point, don’t repeat yourself over and over again, just answer the questions asked by people genuinely interested in your run.
    All the de-aging questions should be redirected to Tom Taylor to annoying him.

Beyond Metallo I’m hoping to find out if the plans for Zod that Kaminski teased are related to Action. Zod was the biggest Superman villain that Williamson didn’t mention having plans for, hope that means he will be appearing in Action. The Phaelosians are exactly the kind of thing he’d be interested in, plus he’d definitely want to learn about Thaaros selling the Phaelosians/UP out to Mongul from Kryl. He’d be a good fit for this war with the United Planets plot line PKJ seems to be building towards.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Conner kent/kon-el questions
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Read the new issue and okay pretty sure this sets up the myth arc for the rest of the run going forward presumably.

spoilers:
    So Superman gaining the shard of Olgrun managed to piss off the Gods of New Genesis, Apokolips, and even famously neutral Metron into working together and wanting to deal with this ****. Which does also provide a pretty good reason for the formation of the upcoming superteam, if the New Gods are coming after you might as well unite your own "Gods" together after all.
    end of spoilers

Also awwww poor spoilers:
    Metallo. Hopefully his sister isn't dead, the poor guy deserves that much at least.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 10-25-2022 at 04:10 AM.

Incredible Member

Good issue though I was spoilers:
    hoping the next myth arc would be a less cosmic-based
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Punching Orion is like a running gag at this point.
    end of spoilers

Bibbo rocks man, dude was willing to charge a New God with no fear. I liked how he tried to bond with the kids and could talk to them in a way they understood. Hah, that flashback to Bendis’ run was a nice little callback and should please some of the people who are still upset.

Poor Metallo, Lex is clearly responsible for his sister’s absence, only a question of if she’s imprisoned or dead. I did like how some of the Stryker’s prison guards aren’t happy Superman’s back, although that might just be because they’re on Lex’s payroll. I would like to see more exploration on how Metropolis feels about Superman now that he’s returned. From the backup it looks like Morrison’s backup Fortress, Fort Superman, is still operational. Will PKJ be using that going forward? Be cool to differentiate the two more.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Punching Orion is like a running gag at this point.
    end of spoilers
    He’s turned into a real ******* since King used him in Mister Miracle.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Strong issue. I feel like it's fairly hard to spoil this issue (especially with what I want to talk about), so I'll speak pretty freely-- within reason.

PKJ said that he views the New God mythology as the Old Testament of the DCU, so it's pretty interesting that he and DC are now firmly connecting the Superman mythology with the New God mythology via-- as PKJ has outright stated-- Superman's second son. Osul-Ra is now apparently a New God (power of the "God of Gods" as Orion put it) in all but name. This kind of functions a lot like how the Fantastic Four used to with the X-Men (before Dan Slot did something I deeply disagree with). Franklin Richards was both from the FF and technically an X-Men because he was a mutant.

But what I'm particularly interested in is this "madness" that Orion spoke of. The First God had a madness in his that has now apparently been passed down to Osul via the Fire. This reminds me of a number of things, and if PKJ sticks the landing with this character he could really have something.

The main two things this calls to mind are Orion himself, and Jordan Kent from Superman & Lois. Orion has his anger form that his only put in check by Mother Box. And Jordan Kent has his (often forgotten) anxiety disorder that sometimes even worked its way into his powers. I'm thinking that the "madness" that Osul may have to deal with will ultimately be characterized as neurological disorder making him a non neurotypical addition to the Superman family (the first ever if I'm not mistaken). And since this was eons ago and set in a different culture, chances are quite high that calling it "madness" with more so out of ignorance than anything else, and it'll be up to Lois and Clark to get Osul the specific kind of help he needs to deal with this.

My first guess is that the New Gods will make sort of an agreement with the Els where they give them a Mother Box that will help sooth and "medicate" Osul, so that his powers don't become as cosmically dangerous as it sounds like they will be-- before he can control them. This will likely give them a reason to semi regularly show up in the book to check on the boy's progress.

If PKJ can stick the landing this could be a kid that doesn't demonize non neurotypical characters the way comics often like to, by not just making him a hero in training but also one of Superman's kids.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Does anyone get flashbacks to Jon's Super-Flare?

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Does anyone get flashbacks to Jon's Super-Flare?
    Franklin Richards more than anything else. Especially since Osul apparently has a similar "God of Gods" cosmic power set waiting for him Franklin rather than kid Jon simply blowing up and killing himself along with like a city or something.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Listening to the Word Balloon with PKJ:
    -His Action run is aiming to be more serious and darker than what Williamson is planning, which will be more in line with STAS
    -Talked with another podcaster about how anime/manga handles fights, wants to incorporate some of that for Superman, reiterates that Superman will be very powerful going forward
    -Teases that something is coming up featuring Steel and Lana, given it’s Steel and Conner’s 30th Anniversaries next year, maybe they’re holding Conner’s book back to launch around that time? And Steel might get his own mini? Sounds like he and Lana are still a couple
    -Osul and Otho will be filling the “kids” role for Clark and Lois and letting them have a second chance after what happened with Jon
    -Lex will be in Action but different from how Williamson uses him (is not a fan of Lex growing up in Smallville with Clark)
    -Talks a little bit about the Superfamily, Kara as the Kryptonian one, Conner as the one who wants to be Superman’s son but isn’t, and how that affects his relationship with Jon/the twins, how does Jon feel about his new adopted siblings - there might be some jealousy there
    -The Irons are going to be Metropolis “First Family”, Steelworks is going to be taking a leadership position with regards to energy, Genesis plays a role in making that possible
    -Talks about how much he loved Sampere’s depiction of Kandor’s library, that it was a place that was almost “sacred” to reflect how Kryptonians values knowledge, how Krypton only got that way after going through all the turmoils we’re going through now, I think that might be the model for how they’re going to revamp Metropolis
    -Clark and Lois’ writing will be featured moving forward, talked about how much he enjoyed writing that article in his second Worlds of War FS issue, wants to do more with the aspect of both. Mentions that his FS issues kind of encapsulate the whole of what his run is trying to be, if he were to die those issues would basically show what his plans were/are
    -He loves Zod and he does want to use Zod in the future, doesn’t want to overuse him, but it sounds like Zod will be involved in the Phaelosian business
    -Wanted to tie the “Old Testament” of the DCU which for him is the Kirbyverse much more strongly to the current day, says that in giving Olgrun’s Fire to Osul-Ra to save him, Osul is now a New God. He teases that this is all building to something that he wants to do if DC keeps him around long enough
    -Kryl-Ux and Mongul loyalists are still out there, not everyone on Warworld bowed to Superman’s rule, and the Mongulites left to go be pirates, the United Planets is in a lot of peoples crosshairs, and the 6 other Aspects have been awakened by Olgrun’s Fire being used
    -No comment on if there will be other Multiverse Supermen show up
    -Says Brainiac is a Mongul level threat and he would want to do another long story featuring him, says it’s not something in the short term future (I’m guessing Williamson has dibs on him for now), does love him
    -Says that Kenny Porter’s Superboy mini is kind of it’s own thing but he’s talking to Kenny to make sure they don’t step on each other’s toes
    -Has a bunch of lore on the different Warzoon tribes he wants to share
    -Toyman won’t show up in Action, might show up in other books (his feud with Toyman is really funny to me), his version of Toyman would be so creepy he doesn’t know if he can do that in Superman
    -Bizarro and Mxy are two villains that PKJ really loves, there’s a magic story that he really wants to do. Guessing that means Mxy might be up next after Metallo
    -Daxamites are part of the United Planets, Phaelosians powers are different because of how long they spent separated
    -Kandor is still uninhabited at the moment
    Last edited by Vordan; 10-25-2022 at 11:48 AM.

I always saw Brainiac as a bigger threat than Mongul and while I enjoyed Warworld saga it didn't change my opinion on that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    The main two things this calls to mind are Orion himself, and Jordan Kent from Superman & Lois. Orion has his anger form that his only put in check by Mother Box. And Jordan Kent has his (often forgotten) anxiety disorder that sometimes even worked its way into his powers. I'm thinking that the "madness" that Osul may have to deal with will ultimately be characterized as neurological disorder making him a non neurotypical addition to the Superman family (the first ever if I'm not mistaken). And since this was eons ago and set in a different culture, chances are quite high that calling it "madness" with more so out of ignorance than anything else, and it'll be up to Lois and Clark to get Osul the specific kind of help he needs to deal with this.

My first guess is that the New Gods will make sort of an agreement with the Els where they give them a Mother Box that will help sooth and "medicate" Osul, so that his powers don't become as cosmically dangerous as it sounds like they will be-- before he can control them. This will likely give them a reason to semi regularly show up in the book to check on the boy's progress.
    That is an interesting idea and if well executed I could see it having a lasting impact on the franchise. So it probably isn't happening.