Page 349 of 376 FirstFirst ... 249299339345346347348349350351352353359 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,235 of 5626
    Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I like seeing the Family all gathered together, we’ve gotten more of that in this run alone than in anything else for the last 10 years, but I would prefer they hang out more in the Fortress of Solitude. Much more interesting place for Family adventures than the Kent apartment. I get that it’s part of PKJ trying to focus on Metropolis after the Warworld Saga spent so long away.
    Yeah, on the one hand the renewed focus on metropolis is pretty cool. Both in AC and now the Steel book. I forget who said it (editorial, PKJ, both?) but they did specify a renewed focus on metropolis.

But on the other hand, the obligatory appearance of the whole family seemingly around the Kent couch every time (starting to remind me of the Simpsons couch gag at this point ), is kinda getting a bit boring. Some Fortress action would be a welcome change of scenery. I mean, they could still hang out there without detracting from the significance of metropolis itself.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Extraordinary Member

Knight Terrors: Action Comics #1 Preview
    Writer: Leah Williams
    Artist: Vasco Georgiev
    Backup Writer: Phillip Kennedy Johnson
    Backup Artist: Mico Suayan

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Knight Terrors: Action Comics #1 Preview
    Writer: Leah Williams
    Artist: Vasco Georgiev
    Backup Writer: Phillip Kennedy Johnson
    Backup Artist: Mico Suayan

Poor Kara. Boyfriend turns into a creeper, Silver Age parents are dicks.

2:56 PM
    As for plot, Johnson says, "All the really great Superman villains are the opposite of Superman in various ways..." He calls out classic images of Superman deflecting bullets, while "Metallo is the gun that dreamt he was a man"
    2:57 PM
    "I don't like to leave any threads in my story..." Johnson talks about bringing details from the beginning of his story to wrap up this arc. There will be surprises that people are excited about!
    2:58 PM
    Now who is behind Blue Earth? Apparently a young woman who is like a "goth Greta Thunberg," who will serve as a different sort of force.
    Also PKJ says he doesn’t want to do a Mxy story.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Also PKJ says he doesn’t want to do a Mxy story.
    Kind of a bummer. I would have liked to see him write Mxy. Although I can understand his preference to other villains that suit the overall story arcs he wants to tell.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam

Mxy would fit better in Williamson's book in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Kind of a bummer. I would have liked to see him write Mxy. Although I can understand his preference to other villains that suit the overall story arcs he wants to tell.
    Weird thing is I definitely remember a podcast interview that I transcribed in this thread where PKJ said he likes Mxy. The conspiracy addled part of me suspects that maybe PKJ is lying, the Metallo arc had a surprise villain working behind the scenes in Henshaw, I would not be surprised if there’s another villain behind Blue Earth. Williamson asking PKJ that out of the blue may have been the two of them messing with us… but I don’t want to descend too far into conspiracy theories so I’ll assume PKJ is telling the truth. Alternatively I could see Ultra-Humanite being behind Blue Earth since PKJ said he wanted to address that plot thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Mxy would fit better in Williamson's book in my opinion.
    Williamson already ruled out using him, said he did everything he wanted with Mxy in his B/S run. Maybe Waid will use him if neither of the main books do, but Waid’s take on Mxy sounds lame to me based on recent interviews.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The family is up one member, Lana gets her powers back before Steelworks #5, she's Superwoman again. I wonder if that means she'll end up joining the Action Comics Superteam once that mini finishes?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Jimenez perfection on AC #1058.

IMG_2113.jpg

ACTION COMICS #1058
    Written by PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON, GENE LUEN YANG, and GREG HAHN
    Art by RAFA SANDOVAL, VIKTOR BOGDANOVIC, and TRAVIS MERCER
    Cover by STEVE BEACH
    Variant covers by JORGE JIMENEZ and CARLA COHEN
    1:25 variant cover by FREDDIE E. WILLIAMS II
    1:50 variant cover by JORGE FORNES
    Artist Spotlight variant cover by GABRIELE DELL’OTTO
    $4.99 US | 48 pages | Variant $5.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 10/24/23
    Superman versus Clark Kent! When the mysterious young Norah Stone drains Superman’s strength and unleashes an impostor tyrant Superman on Metropolis in his place, a powerless Clark Kent is forced to face the monster alone. Who is Norah Stone? And can Clark protect his identity while fighting this impossible battle? Featuring Gene Luen Yang and Viktor Bogdanovic’s return to the Super-Man of China!
    Holy hell, both of the backups actually look interesting! Freaking took DC long enough, but I forgive them because we have Yang back writing Kenan!!!!!!!!! Time for my boy to step up and get some focus, as the best “Superman” other than Clark he deserves it!

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

No idea who Greg Hahn is, but the Super-man back is powerful stuff. And weirdly appropriate for this cover
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

Superman vs Clark Kent is always fun. Completely alone? Wonder what happened with the non-Kryptonian heroes, or if the Kryptonian ones are dealing with their own counterparts. Imagine if PKJ uses Metallo or his sister to fight off the tyrant Superman, though.

Yang is back to write Kenan. Superman books winning once more.

BTW, PKJ's Green Lantern book is going to be set in Metropolis for its October issue, with John Stewart going to Steelworks. Wonder what it might mean for PKJ's wider story with the aspects of Olgrun.
    Last edited by Quinlan58; 07-24-2023 at 08:49 PM.

Biggest losers in the solicits were Conner and Jon.they need to just say screw it and have them both in a new series called superboys(yes superboys).they are so absolutely opposite and different from each other thst it could be a great fun series
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Nice to see PKJ using Clark Kent .

And awesome that Yang is back and writing Kenan !!!

Some fun bonding moments between Kon, Kenan, and the kids here. Also the body horror stuff was great, first time I’ve actually enjoyed Henshaw. Seriously I couldn’t believe it but I finally enjoyed a story with him in it post Reign. The Power Girl stuff was fine too, albeit a little confusing. Is she actually trapped in a machine or is that just Insomnia screwing with her? I wasn’t clear on that.