Page 104 of 376 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 5626
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Oh God yes!!!

That's that pure-cut-straight-off-the-boat GOOD SH!T I've been waiting on!

Sampere getting to draw Jon is everything to me. On top of that, it's NEXT FREAKIN WEEK in issue 1030.

Loving Jon being a sloppy goof. I need that energy to come over when he becomes Superman in Son of Kal-El.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Legion was trash kinda glad it was silently cancelled just pretty art with no substance.

I hate how they still try to market off Jon & Damien's friendship after butchering him.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Legion was trash kinda glad it was silently cancelled just pretty art with no substance.

I hate how they still try to market off Jon & Damien's friendship after butchering him.
    It wasn't cancelled, from what Bendis has said, it's just taking a break. Bendis is just waiting on a specific artist to have time, before he starts it up again.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    It wasn't cancelled, from what Bendis has said, it's just taking a break. Bendis is just waiting on a specific artist to have time, before he starts it up again.
    Hm Sook getting replaced then? I love his art but he doesn’t seem to be able to keep up with ongoings. I do think Legion will come back since Checkmate ended up coming back against all odds.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

And Sook is supposedly doing 8 issues of Blue and Gold so he ain't going to be available for next 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Bendis said a lot of things, not always the truth (Century 32nd anybody?). But yes, this Legion could return. And a giant undetected meteor could hit earth too any moment. Both are plausible possibilities. But I would like neither of them to happen.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I would expect the new Legion will play some role in Jon's book. They namechecked it in that first solicit.

Gorgeous. Definitely getting those Darkseid vibes, he even has his own Desaad now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I would expect the new Legion will play some role in Jon's book. They namechecked it in that first solicit.
    Much like over at Marvel with Riri, I expect DC will continue with Bendis Legion even though it wasn’t received well. If Hickman ever comes over he will 100% be using concepts Bendis created, he loves using that man’s toys since Bendis was his mentor.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Okay so. One, I love the art.

Two, who do you think that guy is ? I mean, the hooded one.

Three... is it me or has Warworld received more development here than in most other of its apparitions ? Even the Mongul dynasty now looks somewhat threatening, instead of the clown Mongul had become over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Okay so. One, I love the art.

Two, who do you think that guy is ? I mean, the hooded one.

Three... is it me or has Warworld received more development here than in most other of its apparitions ? Even the Mongul dynasty now looks somewhat threatening, instead of the clown Mongul had become over time.
    Yeah PKJ is making Mongul and Warworld a big focus, something that started with Bendis. They’ve been steadily rebuilding him as a serious threat, in Rebirth he was the classic jobber under Jurgens. I think part of it is that editorial has restricted usage of Darkseid, but a lot of writers have grown up with Darkseid as a Superman villain and want to write the two clashing. Luckily there’s already a Darkseid expy who is perfect to fill that role. I hope Mongul doesn’t job and that he gives the Superfamily the works.

Lol, for a second I though the toothless guy was Mongul and was about to ask what the hell happened.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

This feels like a really special era we're heading into.

Damn fine scene. Damn fine art.

I'm all in.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

A visually minor, conceptually major alteration to the Action Comics #1033 cover, since I guess they were still tinkering with it: the Action logo has been changed.

Buh-bye

Damn that’s the first time they’ve changed Action since the 90s right? Not surprising they added Superman to the title, gotta let people know this is meant to be Clark’s book.