Page 13 of 376 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    I mean, what's really interesting about Future State is the Gladiator/Mad Max/John Carter/King Arthur part.I really doubt that anyone really cares about Superman as a symbol of hope, humility and... Stuff that writers keep repeating about him...
    You would be surprised.People are pretty latched on to the symbol of hope thing.People want superman as this rolemodel figure and want superman's motive to play the part.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    You would be surprised.People are pretty latched on to the symbol of hope thing.People want superman as this rolemodel figure and want superman's motive to play the part.
    Indeed they do. I must admit I'm one such person to a degree. This is why I was extremely disappointed when Clark so easily let Jor-El run off with his son and then gave Lois a pass after she deceived him.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

March's Superman #29 variant cover:

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    March's Superman #29 cover:

Man I hope this is foreshadowing that all the characters shown will have roles to play. Lex being involved is expected, but honestly it’s been a long time since we’ve seen Superman and Brainiac go at it in Superman’s solo. Would love a new Brainiac story to recommend besides Johns Brainiac arc.

Also as the resident Bendis defender, I’m very happy to see Red Cloud there lol, I like her!

Well, there's your showcase art!

Happy to see Steel, Kara, Krypto, and Jimmy trying to look cool.

At the same time...it really feels like Jon is taking over the franchise when he's right in front while Clark's off to the side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Man I hope this is foreshadowing that all the characters shown will have roles to play. Lex being involved is expected, but honestly it’s been a long time since we’ve seen Superman and Brainiac go at it in Superman’s solo. Would love a new Brainiac story to recommend besides Johns Brainiac arc.

Also as the resident Bendis defender, I’m very happy to see Red Cloud there lol, I like her!
    I like Red Cloud too. Please keep her a villain .

We only really know the set up, we don’t know what the long term plan is. And there is a long term plan given Janin is already working on something for Superman down the line that is being hyped as a major milestone turning point.
    Just because there is long term plan it doesn't mean that anything interesting or new will be there. Like Doomdsay Clock for example, big plan, big series and same old hope crap.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

does this one have a capeless variant too?I don't like the hair.Prefered the future state look overall except for the s(maybe),
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member

And she's in her pre-legion of doom nonsense.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 12-17-2020 at 09:48 AM.

Wish it included even more of the Superman Rogues but hey, it’s a spread ad so I’m satisfied.
    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Just because there is long term plan it doesn't mean that anything interesting or new will be there. Like Doomdsay Clock for example, big plan, big series and same old hope crap.
    Oh Doomsday Clock never had a long term plan. The Watchman thing was just meant to be Johns trying to rope people in. He wasn’t even sure he was going to do it until Trump got elected. And sure it could all end up being crap, I’m not discounting the possibility. Just trying to be hopeful about Superman’s future for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Figure View Post
    I was debating whether I’d stay with the books once Bendis is gone. I like that his work won’t be washed away and will be built upon. That’s the most encouraging thing I read.
    You can give it a chance. Bendis isn't going anywhere he is gonna be in JL next

God, the Superman family is so small compared to the Batman one I don't mind having Kenan back and adding Midnighter to the Superman family either.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    God, the Superman family is so small compared to the Batman one I don't mind having Kenan back and adding Midnighter to the Superman family either.
    I’m praying Yang sneaks Kenan back into the mainline with Batman/Superman. It’s very weird to me that Midnighter is a backup in Superman, but I am curious to see if there’s a reason for that beyond him saving Supes in FS.

I’m praying Yang sneaks Kenan back into the mainline with Batman/Superman. It’s very weird to me that Midnighter is a backup in Superman, but I am curious to see if there’s a reason for that beyond him saving Supes in FS.
    Superman really needs a bigger family. Not even PG is there. I would like for Kenan, Power Girl to be here. Add new ones like Midnighter so also the Super books have some LGBT representation. I would bring back Baka from the Pak run too.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Nice cover. Happy to see Conner there.

But I really dont like Jon front and center. If this is a book about Jon and not Superman/Clark I am not interested.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member

Jon front and center is unsettling.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021