Page 131 of 376 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 5626
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    I see Jon going the Dick Grayson route once (if?) Clark returns to being the only Superman: adopts a new identity and goes through what could be described as Superman-lite adventures with his biggest ongoing personal struggle being whether he really is his own man outside of his father's legacy (sorry Dick, you know it's true 80% of the time).

That's assuming we don't go the Spiderman route, though. Which DC seems to be finally trying with Flash after years of sacrificing Wally for Barry, so I'm not outright discarding that they may try with Jon and Clark.
    If they ever go the dick Grayson route...there is literally only one name that can possibly work

Sol Invictus

With Damian Wayne given the moniker of Arkham Knight

Which leads to a super-sons sequel with this cool name

Sol Invictus and the Arkham Knight

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Johnson's Superman run felt like filler treading water until Taylor was ready while his Action Comics run feels like where he's the most invested.

I can't say I'm overly enthusiastic about the current direction of the Superman books, but I'm not ready to drop them either.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Here's an obligatory world building compliment for Johnson's AC . This past issue in particular with the "Mongul-who-was" and "Mongol-who-is." Had a phonetic Tolkien ring to it for me, reminiscent of Sister-Daughter and Sister-Son, as well as the whole "son-of" prefix that's common in Middle Earth.

Also, was bitter sweet seeing Krypto flying alongside of Kara at the beginning of the issue, considering the final few panels of the King Supergirl book...
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

@PhillipKJohnson does Superman & The Authority tie into your stuff at all?

PKJ:
    Yes!

Wait so what will happen in Action Comics while Superman and The Authority goes on?

PKJ:
    Action will continue uninterrupted. Both Superman & The Authority and Action stand on their own, but they also further each others’ stories.

https://twitter.com/PhillipKJohnson/...77955494232066

Is his story going to have any consequence on your AC run?

PKJ:
    The team established in Grant’s run will be the team that continues with Superman in the Warworld Saga

https://twitter.com/PhillipKJohnson/...52053599150081

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

PKJ:
    Yes!

Wait so what will happen in Action Comics while Superman and The Authority goes on?

PKJ:
    Action will continue uninterrupted. Both Superman & The Authority and Action stand on their own, but they also further each others’ stories.

PKJ:
    The team established in Grant’s run will be the team that continues with Superman in the Warworld Saga

I know we still don't know a lot, but this is sounding less and less like the biggest event since death of superman. I'm curious to see why PKJ said such claims.

PKJ:
    Yes!

PKJ:

PKJ:

Oh great to know, I actually really like Natasha Irons, Midnighter, and Apollo, so it’s good to know that they will continue on as a supporting cast for Clark. Good luck with Manchester Black being behind him though.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I know we still don't know a lot, but this is sounding less and less like the biggest event since death of superman. I'm curious to see why PKJ said such claims.
    I think it actually is one the biggest events in Superman.

I mean, there is this infamous comic page where Batman basically says that the last time Superman inspired anybody was when he was dead. But this seems to be a very alive Superman inspiring some big changes. Not only to some characters of the Authority (Enchantress and Manchester Black) but also the whole damned War-World. That's... huge.

Yes, it's less grabby than "Superman DIED !" but that's... that's really big, and focused on Clark and what he can do. To himself, to the world, to others.

Huh, so I guess that answers our question from another thread on who might write Superman/Authority book in the future - nobody, it will just be folded into PJK's Action run. I'm not sure how I feel about that? One one hand I'm happy that Authority won't just be thrown away, but at the same time either they get very few pages in this or Action is basically turning into a team book and that by extensions means that Clark doesn't have a solo anymore? Lose/Lose.

Incredible Member

Hopefully PKJ can handle such a cast. If he can't, then hopefully focus goes primarily to Clark (no offense to the members of that Authority team). Pretty stupid choice to do away with the Midnighter back-up and replace it with the Tales of Metropolis one right when the cast expands to the point back-ups may be needed for them. Like, of course having a back-up about the Metropolis cast is a good choice (though the quality of the ones that have already come out... doesn't inspire much confidence), but perhaps it would be better suited in the book that actually deals with a Superman in Metropolis?

Then again, DC probably wants to make Son of Kal-El as appealing as possible, which means making it as cheap as possible.

Anyway, at least this means Natasha will be an ongoing presence in the books, which is a pretty big win, and Manchester Black as part of the supporting cast instead of the rogues gallery could lead to some very interesting results.

It’s always sounded like Superman’s version of Planet Hulk to me, since he started talking about it. That unquestionably was one of Hulk’s biggest events. It’s a reorientation of the character within the context of the ongoing.

PKJ:
    Yes!

PKJ:

PKJ:

I am curious if continuity like Superman being active in the 1960s from Superman & the Authority will be carried over. “It’s all canon” has mainly just been a resource for writers to bring back old characters/reference old continuity in the modern day rather than actually trying to make a character’s entire history canon. The Authority team sounds like a great supporting cast for a cosmic Superman to have, and I’m glad to see Natasha Irons will continue to be a big player then. Hopefully this means John Henry Irons will also be stepping up to the plate (give me a mini!).
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    It’s always sounded like Superman’s version of Planet Hulk to me, since he started talking about it. That unquestionably was one of Hulk’s biggest events. It’s a reorientation of the character within the context of the ongoing.
    Technically Superman did it first thing with Superman: Exile, but there’s zero doubt in my mind at this point that Johnson is folding in some Planet Hulk DNA.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

There is a reasonable pitch that Superman had existed long before Lois had...perhaps all the way to 1938

If I had absolute power, I would adapt the idea that Superman had a family with Lana till they were killed in the 70s by the Ultra-Humanite

Just like generations, which ended with Superman killing the ultra-Humanite in cold blood

A disillusioned Superman would leave earth till he returned in the 21st century and met Lois and decided to try again

This will restore ultra-Humanite as a scary Superman villain, and perhaps even create a red hood esque character in Superman’s previous son

As for Martha and Jonathan, make it so that they had a car accident that “killed” them before they were brought into the 21st century by doctor manhattan during the doomsday clock crisis

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I am curious if continuity like Superman being active in the 1960s from Superman & the Authority will be carried over. “It’s all canon” has mainly just been a resource for writers to bring back old characters/reference old continuity in the modern day rather than actually trying to make a character’s entire history canon. The Authority team sounds like a great supporting cast for a cosmic Superman to have, and I’m glad to see Natasha Irons will continue to be a big player then. Hopefully this means John Henry Irons will also be stepping up to the plate (give me a mini!).
    SM being active in the 60s make me think of the Linearverse from Jurgens' Generations. Or he just time travelled.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Technically Superman did it first thing with Superman: Exile, but there’s zero doubt in my mind at this point that Johnson is folding in some Planet Hulk DNA.
    Clark has been a gladiator since 1938.byrne took the cues from goldenage actually..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

I'm sure it was just hype on his end, mixed with being passionate about what he's doing. It was never going to be that big anyway, considering the lightning in a bottle aspect had with the former, which is simply unquantifiable.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El