Page 132 of 376 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 5626

I mean it looks to be a massive long term shakeup of the Superman status quo, the biggest since Jon was born easily. He’s leaving Earth under Jon’s care to go kick ass in outer space with his Authority team for the foreseeable future, and PKJ wants to stay on for a long time. If he gets his wish this will easily be a huge event in retrospect, but only if the new status quo sticks.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Yeah! I agree.This could be huge.He is taking on an outerspace empire...Will it be? that's the question.Superman hasn't had a stable run in the last decade...
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

https://twitter.com/cjwardart/status...069477890?s=21

Man if they could get Ward on a Superman book, that would be amazing
    Last edited by Vordan; 07-01-2021 at 11:22 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    There is a reasonable pitch that Superman had existed long before Lois had...perhaps all the way to 1938
    Well, they did establish that Wonder Woman was active in World War II. But she and Green Lantern were supposed to be the first two superheroes. Another problem is that Jonathan Kent Sr, Martha Kent, and Lana Lang would all need to be time displaced (otherwise Pa and Ma would be dead and Lana drastically aged) and Clark would have to met Lois much later.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm sure it was just hype on his end, mixed with being passionate about what he's doing. It was never going to be that big anyway, considering the lightning in a bottle aspect had with the former, which is simply unquantifiable.
    This got me thinking, what is the second biggest Superman event? Byrne's reboot?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    This got me thinking, what is the second biggest Superman event? Byrne's reboot?
    I’d say Byrne’s reboot, Supes killing the Kryptonians and then his mental breakdown, the marriage, the Electric Blue era, Lex becoming President, Kara’s debut in the new continuity as Supergirl, and finally the Johns/Busiek era were the big milestones up until the New 52.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Honestly, after the death I think the marriage is probably the biggest one that actually registered outside the comic fandom and is likely the only other one remembered by non-fans.

Superman renouncing his US citizenship in Action #900 got press (even though I don't think it was ever mentioned in comics again), then the New 52 reboot and later his quitting the Planet to become an online journalist all made UK news. The electric powers, maybe?

I can't think of anything else offhand from actual comics that registered outside our bubble.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Astonishing Member

Death, Byrne and - on a way lower scale - the marriage. All the other "events" are basically insignificant outside the fandom bubble.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

I'm not sure about marriage since one could probably argue that it more TV show than the comic book storyline that actually had the impact, no?

Astonishing Member

I'm not sure about marriage since one could probably argue that it more TV show than the comic book storyline that actually had the impact, no?
    You are right.
    I have included it mostly because it is one the first example of media/comic book synergy in modern times, which is somehow historical in its own account.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, they did establish that Wonder Woman was active in World War II. But she and Green Lantern were supposed to be the first two superheroes. Another problem is that Jonathan Kent Sr, Martha Kent, and Lana Lang would all need to be time displaced (otherwise Pa and Ma would be dead and Lana drastically aged) and Clark would have to met Lois much later.
    That's why I hate this whole timeline moving Clark's origins back to the early 20th century. It's a messy story to make sense of, and it makes for weird characters. Clark and Lana being children of the 1920s should give them a really different perspective than they've had before in modern times. Jonathon and Martha would literally be Victorian! And then you have to make these time travel/unaging concessions for every hero's supporting cast that are being moved to that era. A sliding time scale is a much more elegant solution.
    That modern Lois and Clark were once adults in the 80s never bothered me, it seems like a solution looking for a problem.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Honestly, after the death I think the marriage is probably the biggest one that actually registered outside the comic fandom and is likely the only other one remembered by non-fans.

Superman renouncing his US citizenship in Action #900 got press (even though I don't think it was ever mentioned in comics again), then the New 52 reboot and later his quitting the Planet to become an online journalist all made UK news. The electric powers, maybe?

I can't think of anything else offhand from actual comics that registered outside our bubble.
    Superman having children seems to have penetrated outside of comics with Superman and Lois and Zack Snyder’s justice league

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    Superman having children seems to have penetrated outside of comics with Superman and Lois and Zack Snyder’s justice league
    And Young Justice. I loved that they had baby Jon there.

Preview page for Action Comics #1033 coming out this month!
    Perfect colors by @fxstudiocolor
    Perfect script by @PhillipKJohnson
    Art by me
    @DCComics @DCSuperman
    #Superman #actioncomics

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Was just about to post this, what a gorgeous panel from Sampere. That shot of the Super Family floating in the sky is drawn and coloured beautifully. One thing I can't deny is that Sampere has been killing it on PKJ's Action Comics.