Page 14 of 376 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Nice to see kon, Kara, and Steel

Noticed a trend in the superman and JL pics we have seen lately, superman is standing behind others,like he is taking a backseat to them all.

I read superman for Clark, not others, give Jon his own series, let's see if the character can stand on his own when he doesn't have his dads me propping him up

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    Jon front and center is unsettling.
    Why don't they give him his own outgoing

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I read superman for superman not clark or jon.I don't care who is wearing the s.As long as i get a decent story.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Maybe they will. There may still be a few surprises left in the solicitations tomorrow. I’m hoping for a Kara Supergirl ongoing still.

Astonishing Member

I am seriously afraid that Action Comics and Superman ARE about to become Jon's outgoing series.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

I am seriously afraid that Action Comics and Superman ARE about to become Jon's outgoing series.
    Jesus, I hope not. I don't wanna read About Jon

My fear is if they go in this direction it'll be a disaster the likes of which we haven't seen since Ben Reilly during the 1990s. I know plenty of dedicated Superman readers in real-life who like you say they won't buy the comic if Jon is the focus they want Clark and only Clark.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    My fear is if they go in this direction it'll be a disaster the likes of which we haven't seen since Ben Reilly during the 1990s. I know plenty of dedicated Superman readers in real-life who like you say they won't buy the comic if Jon is the focus they want Clark and only Clark.
    What happened to Ben?

I don’t really get this concern to be honest.

What happened to Ben?
    They tried to replace Peter with Ben post-1990s Clone Saga. Spider-Man sales tanked, both readers and critics alike panned the soft reboot. Marvel had no choice but to bring Peter back as Spider-Man after a couple of years.

Edit - I vividly remember early Internet memes as a kid like "Not My Spider-Man" and "Counterfeit Clone (even though Marvel "proved" Ben was the real Peter Parker, which was later retconned)" created by fans back then.
    Last edited by Celgress; 12-17-2020 at 10:31 AM.

Astonishing Member

I may be completely mistaken, but the strongest hint for me (besides today's new cover) is this variant:
    https://www.dccomics.com/sites/defau...8.15094669.jpg
    As soon as I saw it, I thought that it doesn't look like the cover for a Superman comic book, but rather a homage or a remembrance of the original Superman (maybe because of the partially hidden face).
    Again, I could be wrong and it could be a pre-existing cover created for altogether different purposes, so who knows. Or maybe, hopefully, PKJ will use Jon in an interesting way and he will finally make the little f*cker vaguely likable.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    They tried to replace Peter with Ben post-1990s Clone Saga. Spider-Man sales tanked, both readers and critics alike panned the soft reboot. Marvel had no choice but to bring Peter back as Spider-Man after a couple of years.

Edit - I vividly remember early Internet memes as a kid like "Not My Spider-Man" and "Counterfeit Clone (even though Marvel "proved" Ben was the real Peter Parker, which was later retconned)" created by fans back then.
    Same thing is gonna happen here

I may be completely mistaken, but the strongest hint for me (besides today's new cover) is this variant:
    https://www.dccomics.com/sites/defau...8.15094669.jpg
    As soon as I saw it, I thought that it doesn't look like the cover for a Superman comic book, but rather a homage or a remembrance of the original Superman (maybe because of the partially hidden face).
    Again, I could be wrong and it could be a pre-existing cover created for altogether different purposes, so who knows. Or maybe, hopefully, PKJ will use Jon in an interesting way and he will finally make the little f*cker vaguely likable.
    I mostly don't like Jon not just because of DC shoving him down our throats but also because he is the reason Superbro is dead

I mostly don't like Jon not just because of DC shoving him down our throats but also because he is the reason Superbro is dead
    Nah sales and fan reception are why they killed off Superbro.

Same thing is gonna happen here
    That's what I've afraid of. I'm definitely getting the replacement vibe from teases we've received so far.