Page 143 of 376 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193243 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 5626
    Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

I wish the upcoming Morrison/Johnson/Taylor panel could be about what was going on behind the scenes with 5G. I need to know more.

They'd never say anyway. Talking about what they might or might not be adapting from someone who isn't even with the company anymore I have to imagine would be a no-no.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    They'd never say anyway. Talking about what they might or might not be adapting from someone who isn't even with the company anymore I have to imagine would be a no-no.
    Yeah, it was totally wishful thinking on my part. Morrison did say that DC came to them wanting them to write authoritarian Superman, so maybe they might let slip some other details (probably not though).

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

My bad wrong thread..
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 07-20-2021 at 09:26 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

I always got the impression that Morrison had friendly relationship with Didio so I can't see Morrison throwing Didio under the bus asides of some general remarks here and there that might not even be related to Didio.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Up until Williamson’s event at least since everything is building to that as the culmination of Infinite Frontier. But man it really shows why there’s so much Batman, outside of the Batverse DC is in dire straits. Flash in particular is doing really poorly despite giving Wally fans what they supposedly have been clamoring for.
    I'm starting to get the impression that they are loud minority.

As for sales data, we don't know for sure the numbers, but we can look back at for example 2019 June and see that back then 100th title sold 20k so we can get the general idea. But I don't even think that it matters that much, what to me is more worrying is that in April it was 67th, in May 86th and in June 102th. For opposite example we can look at how, despite my many annoyances, Nightwing is doing: in April 45th, in May 38th, in June 33th.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    They don't plan to do a line wide relaunch like during the DiDio era. Jim Lee talked about it at the past Fandome, they'll treat the series separately, etc.

They have a Crisis event planned from next year though, it's already teased in the current books. Maybe a lot of series will tie to it to get a boost, idk.
    Would be funny if Doomsday Clock ended up being pretty accurate in foreshadowing the general reboot-a-rama timeline...
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I always got the impression that Morrison had friendly relationship with Didio so I can't see Morrison throwing Didio under the bus asides of some general remarks here and there that might not even be related to Didio.

As for sales data, we don't know for sure the numbers, but we can look back at for example 2019 June and see that back then 100th title sold 20k so we can get the general idea. But I don't even think that it matters that much, what to me is more worrying is that in April it was 67th, in May 86th and in June 102th. For opposite example we can look at how, despite my many annoyances, Nightwing is doing: in April 45th, in May 38th, in June 33th.
    They always were, and I speak as a Wally fan. Barry is the Flash now, because of the TV show, the animated movie universe, the DCEU, and the Injustice games. All use him and he is now the guy the general audience thinks of when they think of Flash. The most popular and well known Flash story is Flashpoint. That’s just how things are.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post

Superman was doing great sells wise with a slow decline that became a nosedive under bendis when he nuked the secret identity and aged up Jon

And Taylor and PKJ have been forced to continue that rejected status quo, regardless of how unpopular and frankly toxic it is

It’s doubling down on failure and PKJ is paying for it dearly...because unlike Tom Taylor...PKJ doesn’t have a brand.
    Last edited by kryptonian; 07-21-2021 at 12:36 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    Read it somewhere. But I find it difficult to think that they won't do anything more radical, considering the hopeless mess the continuity is right now, and some situations they need to settle. For example: Alfred is still dead, isn't he? Plus: more and more and more parallel earths creates a situation which sounds worryingly similar to the pre-Crisis one, but even worse. Oh well, I'll read this mini and then I'll follow the company drama as usual.
    I don't see it happening anytime soon. DDC and Death Metal were supposed to reboot DC but they didn't after delays and DiDio's firing. The new regime is taking its time to relaunch one book at the time and shake up things. At this rate, it'll be 2022 to get fully into their revised version of 5G. They are approaching things differently.

Maybe after this "legacy" phase will be over, they'll end up considering to streamline continuity and do a line wide relaunch/reboot? To soon to tell.

BANNED

I don't see it happening anytime soon. DDC and Death Metal were supposed to reboot DC but they didn't after delays and DiDio's firing. The new regime is taking its time to relaunch one book at the time and shake up things. At this rate, it'll be 2022 to get fully into their revised version of 5G. They are approaching things differently.

Maybe after this "legacy" phase will be over, they'll end up considering to streamline continuity and do a line wide relaunch/reboot? To soon to tell.
    Don’t hold your breathe

After the failure of new 52...they will literally die before even considering that experiment again

Soft reboots or nothing
    Last edited by kryptonian; 07-21-2021 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    Don’t hold your breathe

After the failure of new 52...they will literally die before even considering that experiment again

Soft reboots or nothing
    I was very very unhappy with New 52 but they have fixed a lot since then. It's too late to go back to pre Flashpoint, they have course corrected on a lot of problems and there are elements like Jon Kent I'd want to keep, so I don't want another hard reboot. The problems I'd want to see fixed can be done with the story moving forward, it doesn't really even need a soft reboot, although I think it's inevitable we'll get that pretty often. DC can't stop picking at it's continuity like a scab.

Just do a new line set in this “Elseworld”, a fresh start with solid writers who can run wild. They should’ve just made New 52 a separate line like Ultimate Marvel, and if they want to do something similar they shouldn’t repeat their past mistakes by trying to do it with E0.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Just do a new line set in this “Elseworld”, a fresh start with solid writers who can run wild. They should’ve just made New 52 a separate line like Ultimate Marvel, and if they want to do something similar they shouldn’t repeat their past mistakes by trying to do it with E0.
    Yeah. Frankly, that's what I thought they were hinting at when they brought Elseworld back at the conclusion of Death Metal. I figured that would open the door to have specifically that opportunity to have all sorts of stories without being tied to "current" continuity.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Yeah. Frankly, that's what I thought they were hinting at when they brought Elseworld back at the conclusion of Death Metal. I figured that would open the door to have specifically that opportunity to have all sorts of stories without being tied to "current" continuity.
    I am curious what separates the Elseworld from the “Elseworlds” they’re already doing under Black Label. I’m guessing there’s a long term permanent plan for the place that will be explained in the upcoming Elseworld series.

I was under the impression for a while that Elseworld had already been revealed as that planet Darkseid was on. It was only recently I found out that was incorrect. I'd gotten wires crossed at some point. With it still being an unknown, here's hoping its something cool.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El