Page 149 of 376 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159199249 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 5626

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

And y'all thought you were finally getting a Superman-led team without Batman.

Christ. I was hoping this would be far removed from Batman. May as well make a drinking game out of this. I'm surprised they're going with his older look while still wearing the suit. Still so confused on this.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    And y'all thought you were finally getting a Superman-led team without Batman.
    We did in authority book..This is just dc going back to their routine..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Incredible Member

Action Comics sounds like it'll be great. Hopefully the art team pulls off the brutal fight this deserves. Clark'll probably die here and be reborn with whatever Mongul was doing to constantly revive him in Future State. PKJ has said that "Clark has never met THIS Mongul before", and killimg Suoerman on-page is as good an opening move to position him as a gigantic threat as could possibly be imagined. Do we still have back-ups? Didn't read anything about them in the solicit.

Batman/Superman: The Authority made me laugh a little (yeah, more DC shoehorning Batman into Suoerman stuff), but I can't help but think this may be intended as further promotion for PKJ's Action Comics, trying to draw some of the Batman fanbase to it. If nothing else, PKJ has given me more than enough evidence to trust him on this story.

Not sure how to feel about the grey temples staying. I don't really mind them (though I prefer him without them), and I guess it's a good signifier of where Clark is in his life, but it's also another clear sign of DC accomodating everything for Jon to be the indisputed New Superman. Oh well, I'vr said before I'm choosing to see this as a Grayson-style situation for Clark, and as I've said PKJ has given me more than enough to trust him on telling a great story, nevermind editorial intent.

I honestly like Superman with grey temples, I’m a fan of pre-crisis Earth 2 and Kingdom come, so this a look I’m quite okay with.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

Wait, Clark didn't quit the Justice League. The solicit for the Batman/Superman/Authority special says he was expelled from it. Now that's somethign I wasn't expecting. I thought Clark would quit to spare the JL from any backlash of the actions he had taken and would continue to take, but if the JL expels him... well, that's commiting to "controversial Superman" to a further degree than I thought they would with Clark, for starters. It paints the possibility of Jon joining the current JL in a very negative light, for seconds.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Yeah, I noticed that, and it's a really interesting choice of words.

Certainly puts Jon on thin ice going forward, and that makes for a potentially interesting dynamic we haven't gotten from a Superman on a JL before.

Apparently Jon's actions are going to be so worrying that Bruce is going to want to have some words, but Dick goes instead.

Makes you wonder if Bruce is trying to keep tabs on what seems to be Clark's midlife crisis, or if he's trying to say sorry for how things went down?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

They can't keep Bruce out of anything, can they?
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

BANNED

Batman is in like at least 3/4 of all book for the new solicitation,
    seriously so many Batman.

I’m cool with Batman showing up surprisingly, it’s a pretty blatant attempt to boost sales which if it works great! PKJ Action deserves more attention. I just need Clark to not meekly follow orders, and I definitely need to see Manchester Black at the very least tell Bats to eat ****. Bats and Middy finally meeting will hopefully be good.

The rest look great, except for Taylor writing Lex again, Christ I was hoping he wouldn’t. He better not f*** Lex up this time.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Sorry wrong thread..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

art by MIGUEL MENDONCA and ADRIANA MELO
    So uhhhh where’s Janin? Don’t get me wrong, both of these artists are fantastic, especially Mendonca who I would happily take as a permanent rotating addition to the team, but Janin was supposed to be on by now. That no longer happening? Shame if so but not a deal breaker as long as Sampere is staying.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Seeing as DC can't help but put Batman in all the Superman books, make Batman the boss, I think it's very obvious that Jon will be Superman and Clark will be called SuperRobin.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    So uhhhh where’s Janin? Don’t get me wrong, both of these artists are fantastic, especially Mendonca who I would happily take as a permanent rotating addition to the team, but Janin was supposed to be on by now. That no longer happening? Shame if so but not a deal breaker as long as Sampere is staying.
    https://twitter.com/Sampere_art/stat...59785881772033

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    apparently #1036 is his last issue.
    https://twitter.com/Sampere_art/stat...59785881772033