Page 153 of 376 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 5626

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I did not notice it wasn't Sampere until I finished my first read. Looking back through it the faces give it away, but for a fill in its a solid one because it keeps the overall look of the book.

This was a solid action issue, though it felt a little light on the story compared to the rest of the books. The scenes in the standoff were excellent as were the Fortress scenes. I'm almost certain they'll talk Thao-La down, probably after her and Jon beat each other up, but it's possible she doesn't given the "dead refugees" referenced in the solicits don't seem to make room for her going back with Clark.

As an aside, I wish they would space the Superman books out a little better throughout the month, there's so many now (Action, SoKE, S&B, '78, and S&L all dropped today, with Supergirl, R&B, and S&TA last week) we could have a little hit of Superman each week instead of all at once.
    It’s weird because they delayed Action so it would come out the same day as SSOKE when it didn’t originally. Perhaps they’re hoping interest in SSOKE will spread to the rest of the Superline? Otherwise I agree, it’s stupid of them to dump all the books on the same day.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s weird because they delayed Action so it would come out the same day as SSOKE when it didn’t originally. Perhaps they’re hoping interest in SSOKE will spread to the rest of the Superline? Otherwise I agree, it’s stupid of them to dump all the books on the same day.
    Yeah, I had thought they delayed Action to synch it up with SSOKE or at least to not have SSOKE spoil Clark's leaving. That seemed odd even then because it's not like it was a secret. But it's pretty obvious that SSOKE is still ahead of Action a bit so I don't see the reasoning really. At least not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Yeah, I had thought they delayed Action to synch it up with SSOKE or at least to not have SSOKE spoil Clark's leaving. That seemed odd even then because it's not like it was a secret. But it's pretty obvious that SSOKE is still ahead of Action a bit so I don't see the reasoning really. At least not yet.
    And even then there’s no reason Superman ‘78 and Superman vs. Lobo should all be coming out on the same day as well. It’s very frustrating honestly, I don’t get why DC is choosing to do that. I myself read Action and SSOKE first because those are the “main”/“important” books and at saving the other two for after work, so I can only imagine how others view those two.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Given what Arthur told Clark and Kara telling him she thinks he messed up, I think we just saw the incident that gets Clark kicked off the League and forces him to build the Authority team as a replacement option. I’m also making a prediction: given the nature of Thao’s radiation beams, I think she is going to be the one who causes Clark’s hair to gray and his powers to decline by using her beams on him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Edited. Yeah, Lucas is pretty great.

Indeed, there is no way this isn't the incident that throws Supes out of the League. Arthur already warned him, and I can't see Black Adam being happy with such an action either. Thao-La being responsible for his aging sounds reasonable, but his powers are already declining, so I can't see them tying his loss of powers to the Genesis power source since he was already undergoing it... unless the Genesis fragment and the enemies from the first issues are related.
    I really dig the idea of Clark being fed up with the JL and/or kicked out to the point where he’s like, “you know what guys, I’m forming my own team… and wait ‘till you see who it is…”
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    I really dig the idea of Clark being fed up with the JL and/or kicked out to the point where he’s like, “you know what guys, I’m forming my own team… and wait ‘till you see who it is…”
    Imagine if Jon joins this version of the JL as some have speculated. "Hey, we threw out Superman because he didn't act the way we wanted him to, so let's recruit his teenage son to replace him!" The JL is always "The Man" against which the individual superhero must rebel so they can conceivably retain some underdog/outlaw/rebel cred, but this would take it to new comical heights if it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Imagine if Jon joins this version of the JL as some have speculated. "Hey, we threw out Superman because he didn't act the way we wanted him to, so let's recruit his teenage son to replace him!" The JL is always "The Man" against which the individual superhero must rebel so they can conceivably retain some underdog/outlaw/rebel cred, but this would take it to new comical heights if it happened.
    I mean unless the whole Future State “Justice League gets betrayed and falls apart with the new kids reforming it” happens. But then it would just be Jon with people he hasn’t worked with before...well I guess except for Kaldur/Jackson if he’s Aquaman at that point, I’m pretty sure he’s been on at least one teen titans story with him.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I gotta admit, I genuinely thought DC was going to do something stupid and have PKJ kill off Lois there. Glad I was wrong.

Holy Moley, those two page spreads of Superman freezing a massive area of the sea with his freeze breath are gorgeous. The detail on the ice and spikes are amazing, plus it's a cool feat for Superman's freeze breath which I'm adding to my feats collection folder. I almost thought this was Sampere's work if not for Vordan pointing out who the artist was. This is even better than Duce's art on Detective Comics. Maybe he can take over art duties once Sampere leaves?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Is Sampere already done with AC?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Is Sampere already done with AC?
    He's sticking with the book until 1036 (plus the cover for 1037).

Apparently Jimenez is leaving Batman, any hope he is coming to Superman?

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Apparently Jimenez is leaving Batman, any hope he is coming to Superman?
    I expect if he goes anywhere Superman related it'll be Taylor's Superman to draw Jon.

He's already teasing some adult Jon art and Taylor is teasing them working together on the book

https://mobile.twitter.com/JorgeJime...38125416697861
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Not to be the wet blanket I have been, but Jimenez confirmed he's still on Batman after Williamson's first arc with Molina. He may draw a cover or even an entire issue, but nothing beyond that I suspect.

https://twitter.com/JorgeJimenezArt/...65978367315977

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Not to be the wet blanket I have been, but Jimenez confirmed he's still on Batman after Williamson's first arc with Molina. He may draw a cover or even an entire issue, but nothing beyond that I suspect.

https://twitter.com/JorgeJimenezArt/...65978367315977
    As expected. I'm sure we'll soon be seeing Sampere in some Bat-related book too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    As expected. I'm sure we'll soon be seeing Sampere in some Bat-related book too.
    Guessing the 2022 event book honestly.