Page 155 of 376 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205255 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 5626

Very curious if Lois being involved means she’ll go into space or Clark is coming back to Earth. I’m still thinking Warworld will become Clark’s “Carrier”.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

I think they'll both get abducted into some multiversal mess, rather than intentionally reuniting. Maybe it's Source-related (if Clark leaves the Genesis fragment in the Fortress then that would explain why Lois has access to it, and we know there's more of that in Warworld), or maybe Phantom Zone related, or maybe both.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Very curious if Lois being involved means she’ll go into space or Clark is coming back to Earth. I’m still thinking Warworld will become Clark’s “Carrier”.
    He's been pretty consistent on his belief that Lois doesn't have a roll in the off planet stories. So either Clark comes back or he's going to incorporate an Earth based storyline. He doesn't seem to have incorporated Lois' role in Checkmate into his story, but I suppose it's always possible that could be used to tie things in, with her mounting some sort of mission to WarWorld.

More likely though is that the they'll be some sort of "return" arc where they bring the story back to Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    I think they'll both get abducted into some multiversal mess, rather than intentionally reuniting. Maybe it's Source-related (if Clark leaves the Genesis fragment in the Fortress then that would explain why Lois has access to it, and we know there's more of that in Warworld), or maybe Phantom Zone related, or maybe both.
    Oh man I definitely hope PKJ does something PZ related, that would work perfectly! He already brought back Aethyr in the Action Annual so he seems to be setting up something in store to the PZ.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Not directly related to Action, but Sampere signed an exclusive contract with DC so looks like they really like him.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Not directly related to Action, but Sampere signed an exclusive contract with DC so looks like they really like him.
    They'd be fools not to. I admit my fanboy brain saw him write "Super Heroes" separately and immediately went "It's Legion of Super-Heroes!!" (with of course the cynical part of it going "oh, so Bendis will be writing, then").

Thought they abandoned exclusive contracts, but it appears that either isn’t true anymore or never was. Makes sense either way, Sampere is a great artist.

They abandoned the high priced exclusive contracts like Bendis and Kings. I'm guessing Sampere doesn't quite command that level of pricetag yet.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    They abandoned the high priced exclusive contracts like Bendis and Kings. I'm guessing Sampere doesn't quite command that level of pricetag yet.
    Tom king nearly sank DC’s bestselling title and Bendis wiped away all of the good will superman had accumulated in rebirth

So it seems to be based on sales

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If you’re a fan of dark fantasy in the vein of The Witcher I definitely recommend it. Feels very fleshed out and he’s clearly put in the thought as to how it all works. Makes me excited to see him apply that mindset to Warworld (also makes me wonder how long we’ll be spending on Warworld?).
    Awesome. Last God TP (or HC) here I come!
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

It was clear they like Sampere the moment they took him out of Action Comics to put him in something "big".

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    It was clear they like Sampere the moment they took him out of Action Comics to put him in something "big".
    Painful to read, but accurate. Oh well, long as his replacements are solid which they are so far, and the colorist stays (seriously I’m amazed at how I didn’t realize how important colorists are until recently), then I don’t harbor any (major) bitter feelings.

Slightly off topic, but I would've dropped Bendis' YJ when Gleason left if his replacement wasn't John Timms. DC does have a good track record of finding artists of equal value to sub in for some great artists, with Duce following Sampere being the most recent example.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I think Williamson is exclusive since he is writing lots of important books now.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

AC #1034… is it me or is Kara’s S logo backwards in a few panels?

Also, had some Phantom Menace flashbacks when everyone was talking about trade routes and tariffs.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog