Page 157 of 376 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207257 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 5626

Time loops are something Morrison loves so it wouldn’t be out of the question, but Clark is sporting the gray temples in the Batman & Superman/Authority one shot PKJ is writing. It pretty clearly is in continuity. Think about it, if it’s not that means PKJ has to have Supes gather the Authority himself again. I don’t see that happening.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Time loops are something Morrison loves so it wouldn’t be out of the question, but Clark is sporting the gray temples in the Batman & Superman/Authority one shot PKJ is writing. It pretty clearly is in continuity. Think about it, if it’s not that means PKJ has to have Supes gather the Authority himself again. I don’t see that happening.
    He's not sporting gray hair in Action Comics 1035 either though and we've seen scenes after the fight. He hasn't gone gray yet, unless they are going to show that he has and has been hiding it. Which I'll concede is possible. But I don't think he's going to gather them again, it's going to connect but not directly. They are going to close the loop - either through the Genesis Fragment that makes him aware of his work with Authority in an alternate future or through the present day Midnighter who just returned from being on WarWorld where the future Midnighter was trapped and forced into the loop. And it's not like a cover not matching the interior is unprecedented.

They could have easily changed some dialogue to bring WarWorld into the S&tA series and they haven't at all. There's no indication that this team is being assembled to go off world.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    And who's fault is that? Maybe if you de-age one of them, how about the one that was unnecessarily aged up, you literally wouldn't have this problem.

Sorry for the vitriol, but I hate the hypocrisy of PKJ.
    Uh not his? He neither came up with the idea, nor is he in editorial, nor is he writing the Jon book the requires the age up in order to work. Don’t know why you’re blaming him, he was at best a caretaker for Jon until Taylor was ready to take over.

Also if you read between the lines, what he’s saying is Conner is getting pushed to the side so that he doesn’t step on Jon’s toes. Editorial wants the focus on Jon taking over, not on the Superfamily squabbling over who should get the job. So Kon and Kara are off to the side until Jon is firmly established.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    He's not sporting gray hair in Action Comics 1035 either though and we've seen scenes after the fight. He hasn't gone gray yet, unless they are going to show that he has and has been hiding it. Which I'll concede is possible. But I don't think he's going to gather them again, it's going to connect but not directly. They are going to close the loop - either through the Genesis Fragment that makes him aware of his work with Authority in an alternate future or through the present day Midnighter who just returned from being on WarWorld where the future Midnighter was trapped and forced into the loop. And it's not like a cover not matching the interior is unprecedented.

They could have easily changed some dialogue to bring WarWorld into the S&tA series and they haven't at all. There's no indication that this team is being assembled to go off world.
    Morrison has said that there’s three reasons why Clark is assembling the Authority, and we won’t learn out the true last reason until issue 4. My guess is that’s where he makes the pitch of going to Warworld and explains why he needs them.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Uh not his? He neither came up with the idea, nor is he in editorial, nor is he writing the Jon book the requires the age up in order to work. Don’t know why you’re blaming him, he was at best a caretaker for Jon until Taylor was ready to take over.

Also if you read between the lines, what he’s saying is Conner is getting pushed to the side so that he doesn’t step on Jon’s toes. Editorial wants the focus on Jon taking over, not on the Superfamily squabbling over who should get the job. So Kon and Kara are off to the side until Jon is firmly established.
    It's like the Oracle fans who rage against Taylor for writing Barbara as Batgirl in Nightwing. They expect professional work for hire writers to reject work because of editorial direction. The Batgirl example actually has a lot more merit to it given the disability issues that brings up. The Jon thing is just pure personal preference.

Morrison has said that there’s three reasons why Clark is assembling the Authority, and we won’t learn out the true last reason until issue 4. My guess is that’s where he makes the pitch of going to Warworld and explains why he needs them.
    Yeah, I still don't buy that it's the same timeline. There will definitely be a connection, but all the evidence we've seen seems to indicate that it's not the same time period. Plus, we've had like 8 months worth of Midnighter time loop stories tying into WarWorld and that will likely connect somehow. Plus, if it was just a carve out miniseries, directly connecting to Action Comics straight, why all the mystery in the responses? He has gone out of his way to answer those questions directly. What's the point of that if it just ties in directly?

It's like the Oracle fans who rage against Taylor for writing Barbara as Batgirl in Nightwing. They expect professional work for hire writers to reject work because of editorial direction. The Batgirl example actually has a lot more merit to it given the disability issues that brings up. The Jon thing is just pure personal preference.
    I take it upon myself to point out just how unnecessary and detrimental the age up has been until the mistake has been rectified. Every post-Rebirth Superman writer that hitches their wagon to perpetuating the age up is just as culpable as whoever pushed the age up in the first place. If they don't want to be criticized for that, then they shouldn't have taken the job in the first place.

Writers are not helpless or hapless people. If they band together and refuse to write for unpopular directions, that'll force the publishers to acquiesce and overturn the unpopular mandate in favor of the more popular direction. This is applicable to both the erasure of Barbara's disability and Jon's age up.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I still don't think this confirms Superman and the Authority is "in continuity" at all here or at least not in the present timeline. He says Action will bring it all together, but there's the time loop thing from Midnighter to factor in. FS and S&tA are on a different "loop" I think and we'll see how this time through it gets resolved. Midnighter has said he's been trapped on WarWorld in a time loop and can't break out of it until the last pass through in this weeks Midnighter Annual.
    That'd certainly be an interesting way to explain the 5G of it all. However, I expect it will tie back to stuff PKJ set up in his earliest stories in the Superman title.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I am just miffed that after having superman in the tom strong gear and gladiator gear.Now,he goes to space with his old suit and to warworld of all place.Why?????bring this back atleast...
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

I’m 99% sure Clark and the Authority are going to get wrecked when they try to take Mongul head on and end up having to lead a slave rebellion to over throw Mongul. So you may just get your wish.

Incredible Member

Lol, imagine Manchester Black in gladiator attire!

And yeah, I do get the impression too that at the very least Clark will be killed by Mongul in their fight, revived through whatever method Mongul used in Future State (probably something related to the Orphan Boxes) and made to fight in exactly that attire. Of course, I expect him and the Authority to put a stop to this years before he would in the FS timeline.

They’ve been teasing that some of the Authority will die so I am curious if Manchester makes it out alive. I expect him to given how popular he is. And yeah I totally think Mongul is going to kill Clark and revive him just like Future State, except this time Clark will break out sooner. Really looking forward to the fight honestly, kinda sad Sampere won’t be drawing it since I love how gore-y he draws the violence in Action.

I'm expecting a Planet Hulk type run. It'll be interesting to see how closely that ends up mirroring this. I don't expect we'll get years worth of issues of Clark fighting in the gladiator battles as was implied in Future State. But I think that'll likely take up a solid chunk of the first act at least.

We’ve spent about 6 issues on building up to Warworld, so I’m expecting either 6-12 issues spent on Warworld itself, basically the length of The Last God.

Yeah, I'm thinking 18 or so. I think it'll be at least a year and a half worth before they come back to Earth.

We should take bets on what will be the event that deages him back to normal. Clark, I mean. Knowing how these things work, the back pocket, get out of jail free card will be present in the explanation for how the physiological age up occurs in the first place.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-03-2021 at 10:58 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I think it's likely going to be the Genesis Fragment. Considering we know it can ressurect him already it'll eventually restore his powers.