Page 16 of 376 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Or one book will focus on Jon alone and the other on Clark. Like in Future State.
    That’s a possibility. Both of Johnson’s Future State books focus on Clark though, and if one book is meant to become Jon’s, I don’t know why Lewis isn’t writing it considering he’s writing Jon in Future State.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

A fan on twitter: "What if I'm excited about your Superman run, but am not a fan of Jon Kent or all the focus on him?"

Phillip Kennedy Johnson: "Oh man. I wish I could answer that completely, but you’ll be in good shape. Keep in mind there are *two* Superman titles."

Source: https://twitter.com/PhillipKJohnson/...25262653321227
    Oh boy. Looks like I'll just be picking up one of them. Probably Action. The Superman title looks like its Jon centric.

I guess they're going down the middle with the original
    plans for 5G/FS.

One book will be Jon as Superman in training and the other will be about Superman/Clark.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Not thrilled with that answer. Jon shouldn't be the focus of either Superman book. Action and Superman should be his. Give Jon a new solo if they want him to essentially have one.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Or one book will focus on Jon alone and the other on Clark. Like in Future State.
    That means,jon will be having dceased(if it continues),supersons and one of the main books.That's more books than clark.clark has what?one of the main books and justice league?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Not thrilled with that answer. Jon shouldn't be the focus of either Superman book. Action and Superman should be his. Give Jon a new solo if they want him to essentially have one.
    I would love a superboy series with wierd ass adventure.Jon gets a sword and goes to japan to fight the artic giant(godzilla) as a new samurai.They could call it superboy's adventures in japan.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-17-2020 at 11:23 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    My thoughts exactly, big mistake.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That’s a possibility. Both of Johnson’s Future State books focus on Clark though, and if one book is meant to become Jon’s, I don’t know why Lewis isn’t writing it considering he’s writing Jon in Future State.
    I can't think of big event/shake up since DoS as hinted by PKJ that doesn't involve Clark being replaced to some extent. We'll see.

Isn't Lewis still writing the back up features on SM?

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    That means,jon will be having dceased(if it continues),supersons and one of the main books.That's more books than clark.clark has what?one of the main books and justice league?
    He has the BM/SM book too.

Right,i forgot about that one.Superman/batman books are a bit boring.So I dropped it.The dynamic is not for me.
    Edit-are they gonna continue the super/wonder book with jon and yara after future state?
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-17-2020 at 11:38 AM.

I can't think of big event/shake up since DoS as hinted by PKJ that doesn't involve Clark being replaced to some extent. We'll see.

Isn't Lewis still writing the back up features on SM?

Yeah he’s writing a Jimmy Olsen back up but he’s not writing Jon. And honestly that’s just marketing hype, like how Joker War was going to CHANGE EVERYTHING FOREVER!!!! except not really.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Obviously Teen Jon will be getting one book and kid Jon will be getting the other

Basically looks like the setup from Bendis will be continuing. One book will be Clark & Jon focused, the other more focused on Clark alone.
    I hope Lois is at least a major part of one of those books, but wouldn't a Clark and Jon book just be Rebirth 2.0, just Jon is a teenager now?

I guess that would be easy to market as the successor to Tomasi and Gleason's run.

@superlad said the writer loves invincible.I believe this is gonna be a lot like that,than tomasi's run.

Also,clark remembers action comics#1 it seems.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-17-2020 at 12:03 PM.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, there's your showcase art!

Happy to see Steel, Kara, Krypto, and Jimmy trying to look cool.

At the same time...it really feels like Jon is taking over the franchise when he's right in front while Clark's off to the side.

I like Red Cloud too. Please keep her a villain .
    Red Cloud was pretty cool... until JRJR got his hands on her. Nice to see that she'll actually look like a "red cloud" again, heh

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Red Cloud was pretty cool... until JRJR got his hands on her. Nice to see that she'll actually look like a "red cloud" again, heh
    I could say the same for a lot of DC characters when JRJR started drawing the book...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I could say the same for a lot of DC characters when JRJR started drawing the book...
    Sampere is a huge improvement, I almost wish we got a spread ad from him.

Incredible Member

A fan on twitter: "What if I'm excited about your Superman run, but am not a fan of Jon Kent or all the focus on him?"

Phillip Kennedy Johnson: "Oh man. I wish I could answer that completely, but you’ll be in good shape. Keep in mind there are *two* Superman titles."

Source: https://twitter.com/PhillipKJohnson/...25262653321227
    Well, it looks like I probably am going to have another year and probably more of complaining about the age up and boycotting the Superman books at least. Oh well.

Astonishing Member

At this point I start wondering: where are all the superstars?
    I mean, every book announced so far - including, but not limited to Superman books - is made by relatively secondary writers/artists. With two big exceptions - Bendis on JL and Reis on Bats/Supes.
    Where are all the big names? I mean, the only one busy with something is Tom King as far as I remember. But without taking the writers into account, where are Manapul and all the other ones?
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021