Page 163 of 376 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213263 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 5626

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Maybe the Cleric from the Exile run or a character similar to that who would have a connection to the Phalosians and Krypton? The hood seems to indicate it's someone we have met before, so I think Hensaw is probably the safer bet given the WarWorld and Mongul connections though.

It may end up being someone trying to help the Phalosians though, he basically has ensured that this Mongul is the last Mongul and was instrumental in getting Clark to come to WarWorld. It could be a set up, so Hensaw would not fit that motivation.
    The Cleric died at the end of Exile iirc. Of course that’s never stopped anyone else in the DCU
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Regarding the new Mongul, we now have the opportunity to create a Mongul who's an even bigger threat than the ones we've known, and more interesting. Having had some time with Clark, Lois, and Jon as a family, seeing how beautiful that relationship is, now we're going to learn what it means to be a son of Mongul on Warworld. What the expectations are, what the dangers are, what this Mongul has been through, what he wants and what he's afraid of. For me, Mongul's story is one of the most interesting aspects of the Warworld Saga, and one of the most heartbreaking.
    Very intrigued to see what this means. Wonder if contrasting the Monguls with the Kents is what PKJ meant when he talked about how Supes’ status as a father would still be very important?

Holy **** that’s not stuff you see in a Superman comic usually! And the cloaked man is there, looks like we won’t be waiting long for answers!

These characters look so cool! I’m excited!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Damn, they really went full Spartacus for that page.

Interesting that "The One Who Fell" is also mentioned as having planted the seeds for this one.

So it seems the theme of fatherhood PKJ has mentioned lots of times may also refer to Mongul.

Much as I agree with all the praise for Sampere, I'm puzzled as to why PKJ didn't mention Mendonca, who seems to be replacing Sampere for this arc.

Seems like the whole saga is going to last between 12 issues ("the biggest story I've told at DC") and 15 + Annual ("this year and the next").

First issue of Mendonca on art hasn’t hit yet so not surprised he wasn’t mentioned since it’s mainly been Sampere PKJ has been working with. I’m sure PKJ will be praising Mendonca’s art soon enough if it’s anything like his JL: The Last Ride art:

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Damn, they really went full Spartacus for that page.

Interesting that "The One Who Fell" is also mentioned as having planted the seeds for this one.

So it seems the theme of fatherhood PKJ has mentioned lots of times may also refer to Mongul.

Much as I agree with all the praise for Sampere, I'm puzzled as to why PKJ didn't mention Mendonca, who seems to be replacing Sampere for this arc.

Seems like the whole saga is going to last between 12 issues ("the biggest story I've told at DC") and 15 + Annual ("this year and the next").
    Heh, I can see it now, all of the slaves saying, "I AM SUPERMAN!"
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

This "saga" looks is going to be EPIC. I think/hope PKJ' run will gain new fans/readers with the new arc this month (unlike Taylor's Superboy that will drop like a stone in the sales chart ).

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    This "saga" looks is going to be EPIC. I think/hope PKJ' run will gain new fans/readers with the new arc this month (unlike Taylor's Superboy that will drop like a stone in the sales chart ).
    Honestly I’m at the point where I’m not expecting much or any boost in sales regardless of quality. I just hope PKJ gets to keep writing as long as he likes for as long as he can maintain his current level of quality. Expecting this run to be one of those hidden gems that people rediscover when it gets adapted elsewhere if I’m lucky.

Incredible Member

If nothing else, the way's he's set his story up probably means there'll be some boost in sales when the Warworld Saga ends and Clark reunites with Lois.

Re: Mendonca's tweet, I'm curious about those nicknames. "Darling" has to be some sort of cruel joke on the character (probably related to the baby), which means "The Unmade" and "Teacher" are also mocking them in some way. "The Unmade" is the one that intrigues me the most, because it sounds like all the modifications he's gone through were with the purpose of destroying who he was before, which reminds me that Thao-La's brother was taken by the Blood Priests. I'm not saying it's the same character. I'm just wondering if that is what happens to those who are taken by the Blood Priests, and what that may mean re: Thao-La's brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Honestly I’m at the point where I’m not expecting much or any boost in sales regardless of quality. I just hope PKJ gets to keep writing as long as he likes for as long as he can maintain his current level of quality. Expecting this run to be one of those hidden gems that people rediscover when it gets adapted elsewhere if I’m lucky.
    It seems PKJ's AC was headed into the 20k range sales (I think Taylor's book will there before the first arc is over), it needs a sales boost with the new arc, if it keeps dropping, PKJ will be kicked out and replaced by a new creative team. I still think DC expects the SM books selling at least in the 30k range.

Awesome.

Maybe they’ll relaunch it with a new #1. Kind of expect both Action and Tec to get that treatment at some point.

BANNED

If sales continue to fall at this ridiculous rate, they will soon be canceled, which I would not know if it is a good or bad thing.

This is a bit of a hot take and I'll try not to drag this out, but I feel like saying it given the comments about PKJ's run dropping in sales. This run would probably be selling better if the changes from Bendis' run had been reversed. Even if this arc is telling a fresh and unique take on a cosmic Superman story with an in depth mythology built around Warworld, Mongul being portrayed as a real challenge to Superman for the first time in decades and a killer team of artists bringing PKJ's story to life, Jon's age up and the secret identity reveal have clearly soured the wider Superman fanbase. I'm afraid I'm not putting my money behind this series so long as Bendis' status quo remains in place. Plus I've never been the biggest fan of depowered Superman stories. But I do feel bad for the guy, he's trying his best and he sounds passionate about his work, but sadly the odds are stacked against him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Maybe they’ll relaunch it with a new #1. Kind of expect both Action and Tec to get that treatment at some point.
    I can see a relaunch of AC after the Warworld saga is over. Or DC could treat AC #1051 as a new starting point (like Bendis' AC 1001)

Astonishing Member

It's way more simple - this is the maximum Superman is currently capable of selling, except for Morrison and Taylor, who have a slightly different situation. Tomasi and Jurgens' sales were not much higher by the end, and everyone knows what a disappointment Bendis was in this regard. The situation can only change if someone like Hickman comes to the book.
    Replacing PKJ will not solve anything for them, moreover, it can play a cruel joke, because his run, unlike Bendis, is perceived positively.

Incredible Member

Is it the limits of a cosmic Superman story or the writing?