Page 178 of 376 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228278 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 5626

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I only can say...

Holy nuts. I had look the PJK series with certain sckepticism, but it seems than the Action book is going to live up with its title.

What is the mystery of the phaelosians?

From where Superman get tha carrier?

Which band was Manchester Black listening?

Mongul's Champions are really scary.

Superman vs Mongul... again, for the first time.

And Vordan is happy when he sees his recommendations being took into account.
    Now they just need to put him back in the Superman & the Authority suit (although he’ll be going gladiator for a while based on Future State and cover Federeci is drawing).

Replacement artist we’re getting are damn good but man am I sad this will be the last we see of Sampere.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I don't know how, but we should see this on the big screen. No Lex Luthor, no evil kryptonians coming after Superman, not Superman fighting a problem that only exists because of him.

But Clark going to space to save enslaved people he have no conections to, fighting enemies he doesn't need to be dumbed down for, and and great visuals and action sequences.

Man this was better than I'd hoped. Beautiful art, stakes so high and without the usual JL or Batman. Mongul is the threat he should and Clark's selflessness on full display.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Which band was Manchester Black listening?
    Haven't got my copy yet (I'm dying here!) but I picture Black as a Sex Pistols or Clash kinda guy...
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I don't know how, but we should see this on the big screen. No Lex Luthor, no evil kryptonians coming after Superman, not Superman fighting a problem that only exists because of him.

But Clark going to space to save enslaved people he have no conections to, fighting enemies he doesn't need to be dumbed down for, and and great visuals and action sequences.
    I’d kill to see this adapted in animation which is probably the only place we could see it get adapted right now. Warworld in a big enough budget would be a horrifying spectacle.

Finally get the full Federeci variant cover!

https://twitter.com/phillipkjohnson/...700782089?s=21
    Last edited by Vordan; 11-09-2021 at 07:27 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Man, that is the creepiest Mongul has ever looked.

Love it.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Just going to echo what others said and say this was a EPIC start for warworld. That issue truly deserves the hype PKJ kept repeating the past few months. So excited for part 2 already.

Amazing Member

This cover is amazing

Nerdist: Clark Kent isn’t known for “interfering” too much in the politics of other countries, or other worlds. He always stops short of liberating oppressed cultures. But in this issue, Superman makes an impassioned speech to free Warworld’s slave population. What made you decide it was time for Superman to take that extra step at last?

Phillip Kennedy Johnson: I would actually challenge that characterization of Superman. Before catchphrases like “Man of Steel,” “more powerful than a locomotive,” “American Way,” or any of the others were commonplace, Action Comics #1 described Superman as “Champion of the Oppressed.”
    Glad he knows about my favorite nickname for Clark! Also he mentions having written a backstory for the new Mongul, I wonder if that’s something we’ll see told in Action? Or it could make for a fun one shot.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The first chapter of the Warworld Saga lives up to hype. The connection with Morrison's book barely make sense, imo... am I supposed to believe SM was weakened and looking older off-panel in the middle of Warworld Rising?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’d kill to see this adapted in animation which is probably the only place we could see it get adapted right now. Warworld in a big enough budget would be a horrifying spectacle.

Finally get the full Federeci variant cover!

https://twitter.com/phillipkjohnson/...700782089?s=21
    Are we sure is the variant and not the main cover? There was already a variant by Tedesco for #1039 while the main cover and solicits aren't updated yet.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Are we sure is the variant and not the main cover? There was already a variant by Tedesco for #1039 while the main cover and solicits aren't updated yet.
    I was wondering the same thing. I thought this might be a 1:?? variant, but I just placed my DCBS order and there's only 2 covers available.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. I thought this might be a 1:?? variant, but I just placed my DCBS order and there's only 2 covers available.
    Sampere is listed as the main cover artist for #1039, but the solicits of the issue are still the same of #1038.

Federici will be the AC artist in Jan. His cover should be the main not a variant.

This is messy.

I wonder if the surviving members of the Authority will receive their own sexy gladiator outfits
    Last edited by Dipter; 11-10-2021 at 08:04 PM.

I hope Manchester survives just to see him whine bitterly about Mongul taking his trench coat from him