Page 181 of 376 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231281 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 5626
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    What I can say, it didn't worked for me. And I read Morrison's SM as an older Clark who changed his perspective with age (like Morrison described him in interviews) not present-day SM but poisoned.
    Present day Superman has been around for so many years that Morrison's "Superman at middle age" approach still works. Even with all the time shenanigans and rapid aging of his son, the current Superman has been around for about two decades or more if you take into account Death Metal's idea of everyone remembering their past lives.

But, if it didn't work for you, there's likely nothing I can say to change your mind. Given the situation they were in, I think PKJ, Morrison, and company did an admirable job of sorting it all out with a minimum of hiccups.

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    For one thing, it seems like PKJ is quite adept at utilizing Manchester Black as Superman’s perfect foil; using his over the top cynicism to specifically illustrate what makes Clark great. In particular, that one scene where Black is yammering on about how Supes is lame and Lightray just wants to know what it's like to walk a day in his shoes wanting to help everybody… I was curious to see how he took it after Morrison, but he's got it down so far.

The sexy grey hair Dad looks works pretty well, but we sure never want to see him go full Dad-bod.
    Yeah he mentioned on Word Balloon that Manchester Black and Midnighter were his favorite Authority members to write.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    For one thing, it seems like PKJ is quite adept at utilizing Manchester Black as SupermanÂ’s perfect foil; using his over the top cynicism to specifically illustrate what makes Clark great. In particular, that one scene where Black is yammering on about how Supes is lame and Lightray just wants to know what it's like to walk a day in his shoes wanting to help everybodyÂ… I was curious to see how he took it after Morrison, but he's got it down so far.

The sexy grey hair Dad looks works pretty well, but we sure never want to see him go full Dad-bod.
    I don't want to be negative.This was fantastic.That part was minimal at best.It wasn't annoying.

But Yeah!that just made my eyes roll.These guys don't forget to keep shoving superman= jesus/savior for one second.Worse,without essence and keep reminding it.I don't want to be reminded that "saint superman is so goood and so puure".Batman books wank about batman beating up anyone.that's atleast tolerable.This is just worshiping someone so called goodness.This kinda junk is what makes superman lame.

There is a reason why Morrison doesn't highlight Clark's goodness or whatever.Instead uses humor.Clark is sooo freakin laid back even though the guy is struggling.You see, that's what is cool or great about superman.Morrison didn't have it announced(look guys superman is a saint he cares for everybody..yata!yata!).Instead,the greatness of clark was left for the reader to decide.black made fun of clark.Clark tried to gave counters and tried to keep black healthy(mineral water).the authority wasn't some fanclub.They both agreed and disagreed,most importantly agreed to disagree.Lightray shouldn't have had join supermanism.Instead,they should have had her go "is he crazy/ naive or what?" or just had her accept Clark's rituals and whatnot.(i myself could use some less caring right about now.But that ain't me.Not admitting that i do care)

Morrison's book would have made fun of that very thing.This team shouldn't be relagated to superman worshippers or bunch of hardcore superman fanatics.As if authority members are some uncaring mooks.It's because these guys care too much they are a bunch of radicals,atleast in this case.Clark cares,it's just in moderation.So saying "clark is sooo great" because he cares is just nonsense.Everyone cares.The others wouldn't be so "tired of this ****"(mancester black) or still passionate if it weren't.

A gladiator doesn't fight because he cares about everything or whatnot.He doesn't fight to be a savior.A gladiator fights because he is in chains and wants to rid of it.I hope that was the end of savior clark.The gladiator champion is what emerges in this story.Because otherwise,this story would suck...Big time...
    Even with the world building and what not.Stop hyping up superman goodness or whatnot just let the guy fight for those that cannot fight for themselves.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-15-2021 at 08:09 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Very fortunate that Mongul happens to be fighting a depowered Clark.

Yes , Mongul is actually a coward. Mongul couldn't kill a powered Superman.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    The gray temple hairs explain it all to me. He's having his mid-life crisis and started hanging out with younger folks. No different than a suburban dad buying a Ferrari.
    Seems like all comic book artists do gray temple hairs to make the character look older. Why not go full gray hair then ?
    Just an idea

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    Seems like all comic book artists do gray temple hairs to make the character look older. Why not go full gray hair then ?
    Just an idea
    Janin did toy with it!

But it makes him look 70 or 80 instead of mid age which is what the grey temples do. Besides grey temples are tradition going all the way back to Pre-Crisis.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Why even have grey temples? that's humans getting older.Clark should get brownish orange yellow haired as he gets older or something..Just say it's the fall season for kryptonians.Infact,they should make it a thing where in fall season superman dies and gets back.It also ties back clark being a like plant essentially absorbing sun and all that.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I don't want to be negative.This was fantastic.That part was minimal at best.It wasn't annoying.

But Yeah!that just made my eyes roll.These guys don't forget to keep shoving superman= jesus/savior for one second.Worse,without essence and keep reminding it.I don't want to be reminded that "saint superman is so goood and so puure".Batman books wank about batman beating up anyone.that's atleast tolerable.This is just worshiping someone so called goodness.This kinda junk is what makes superman lame.

There is a reason why Morrison doesn't highlight Clark's goodness or whatever.Instead uses humor.Clark is sooo freakin laid back even though the guy is struggling.You see, that's what is cool or great about superman.Morrison didn't have it announced(look guys superman is a saint he cares for everybody..yata!yata!).Instead,the greatness of clark was left for the reader to decide.black made fun of clark.Clark tried to gave counters and tried to keep black healthy(mineral water).the authority wasn't some fanclub.They both agreed and disagreed,most importantly agreed to disagree.Lightray shouldn't have had join supermanism.Instead,they should have had her go "is he crazy/ naive or what?" or just had her accept Clark's rituals and whatnot.(i myself could use some less caring right about now.But that ain't me.Not admitting that i do care)

Morrison's book would have made fun of that very thing.This team shouldn't be relagated to superman worshippers or bunch of hardcore superman fanatics.As if authority members are some uncaring mooks.It's because these guys care too much they are a bunch of radicals,atleast in this case.Clark cares,it's just in moderation.So saying "clark is sooo great" because he cares is just nonsense.Everyone cares.The others wouldn't be so "tired of this ****"(mancester black) or still passionate if it weren't.

A gladiator doesn't fight because he cares about everything or whatnot.He doesn't fight to be a savior.A gladiator fights because he is in chains and wants to rid of it.I hope that was the end of savior clark.The gladiator champion is what emerges in this story.Because otherwise,this story would suck...Big time...
    Even with the world building and what not.Stop hyping up superman goodness or whatnot just let the guy fight for those that cannot fight for themselves.
    The fact that that scene was so minimal was why I thought it was cool. A mere few panels in an otherwise pretty gruesome book; Black says his spiel, Lightray responds and that was it. Then its all business, setting the stage for getting down and dirty to throw down in combat.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Janin did toy with it!

But it makes him look 70 or 80 instead of mid age which is what the grey temples do. Besides grey temples are tradition going all the way back to Pre-Crisis.

Hey thanks for posting all those images ! That's excellent work on the part of Janin and it even shows the different outfits that Superman could wear. Have to say that the one that they went with, was really the best .Although I do like the long sleeves.
    Maybe it's something that Superman could wear if he survives Warworld , I'm getting a bit worried 😯

Spectacular Member

Already suspected that midnighter would sneak out of the incoming carnage. Didnt expect that other members would survive, i tought his quest would have been to snatch their corpses before they're turned into protein paste and so not revivable.
    Future state already showed that there are various levels on warworld so i guess they got spread out between them.

Damn, read #1036 over break. That was great.

Incredible Member

So Kal's Phaelosian ally isn't Byla, but "Kryl-Ux". Cool to see some of it is going to be a training arc, I like those. Superman already has an "inner circle"? I wonder if that means some members of the Authority (in which case I'd bet on Lightray or O.M.A.C. being the ones whose allegiance is tested) or new Warworld characters. Hope "winning Warzoons over to his cause" involves fighting in some way.

I'm assuming Midnighter's story is the back-up once again.

Good to see Sampere is still on-board, even if just as cover artist.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    So Kal's Phaelosian ally isn't Byla, but "Kryl-Ux". Cool to see some of it is going to be a training arc, I like those. Superman already has an "inner circle"? I wonder if that means some members of the Authority (in which case I'd bet on Lightray or O.M.A.C. being the ones whose allegiance is tested) or new Warworld characters. Hope "winning Warzoons over to his cause" involves fighting in some way.

I'm a bit more optimistic now that I know that Kal will be learning to fight without powers. For a long long time, Batman and Zod have had an advantage over Superman because they have trained to fight. That's something that Clark never really learned in Smallville growing up.

Sweet the Authority will have a role to play beyond the initial fight! Superman learning to fight without powers should be fun, I wonder who his inner circle will be? Equivalent to Hulk’s Warbound? I thought that was the Authority, but I’m interested to see who else PKJ creates for Clark’s cast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post

I think it will part of the main story. Backups will soon shift to tell us the background of the new Mongul and of his gladiators