Page 190 of 376 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200240290 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 5626

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

What's the response been like for this run? Worth picking up?

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Yeah its worth a read. I'd say that it had a slow start with the golden age crossover but basically an issue right after that ends and it begins with the source wall, the war world slaves, and getting to War World it all really picks up the pace and becomes great.

However, to explain the Authority you may need to read Superman and the Authority, a separate miniseries by Grant Morrison. Thankfully that book is good as well.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Depends on what you want from Superman. If you’re in the mood for a run that leans towards “cosmic scifi” then absolutely yes, this run is great and delivers that in spades.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Action Comics #1038 Preview
    Writer: Phillip Kennedy Johnson
    Artist: Miguel Mendonca
    Backup Writer: Shawn Aldridge
    Backup Artist: Adriana Melo

Incredible Member

- Man, those panels of Teacher with the Orphan Box look so cheesy, but I guess that's the treatment "we're resurrecting our mortal enemy who has previously defeated us because we think we should humiliate him further" deserves. I did appreciate the acknowledgement that, since Mongul told everyone Superman was already weakened, it looked more like picking on a dying man than on defeating a legend.
    - I take it PKJ is a big fan of Starro.
    - Hey, Apollo's still alive! Also, Manchester Black got beaten off panel despite kicking all sorts of ass in the previous issue.
    - I know the old one-limbed Warzoon is supposed to be an ancient badass who still commands respect... but he comes across as a bully's cowardly hypeman.
    - More worldbuilding on Warzoon culture, this time on their view of the afterlife. Interesting choice to have paradise be an orchard. Both because of what it implies of a Warzoon's ultimate desires (it's not the eternal battle and feast that you'd expect) and because of how it ties with the Black Mercy.
    - If "breaking of chains" is going to be the important iconography of this arc, interesting to have O.M.A.C. be the first to do it, in this context were his loved one died and he's probably lost faith and respect on Superman. Also, his fight scene is badass, and I like how this seems to frame him and Natasha as a battle duo.
    - I like how O.M.A.C.'s and Natasha's brief conversation characterizes both of them. O.M.A.C.'s single purpose in life (of what we saw) was protecting Lia, and now he cares of nothing but avenging her. Natasha's "For all of us" sounds like she doesn't really understand what O.M.A.C. is going through, which continues the tendency of framing her as the "rookie" here.
    - That's one badass "CHOOOOOM"

2021 was easily my biggest year to date as a writer, in output and readership. HUGE THANKS to everyone reading my work, and the work of my friends.

2022 is shaping up to have some insane announcements…happy holidays, stay safe and stay tuned! @DCComics @Marvel @DynamiteComics
    https://twitter.com/phillipkjohnson/...044217859?s=21

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Don't believe it one bit..manchester black might be laying low for a while..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Action Comics #1038 Preview
    Writer: Phillip Kennedy Johnson
    Artist: Miguel Mendonca
    Backup Writer: Shawn Aldridge
    Backup Artist: Adriana Melo

This storyline with Superman is shaping up to be the best in a long time.
    Too bad that Action doesn't come out like every 3 weeks, I think that would be perfect and worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    This storyline with Superman is shaping up to be the best in a long time.
    Too bad that Action doesn't come out like every 3 weeks, I think that would be perfect and worth it.
    Price we pay for the artists we get but yeah I almost wish we could get this weekly like Tec is going.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Wow , right off the bat, I don't remember seeing Superman like that .
    This storyline is very ambitious !!!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I can't wait to just see clark go ham on the chains..It would be a mark out moment.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Honestly not sure how to feel about that Midnighter scene near the end. Because genuinely I like the scene but I agree with both sides of the argument.

Midnighter is right that Superman lied and the plan has gone to hell resulting in people being hurt and dead and that it would be better to just leave because of the cheering crowds who don't want to be saved

But Superman is not wrong that there are people who did not ask for this and that their lives are equally important and deserve to be saved like anyone else.

I think PKJ really gets it right in that scene.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

PKJ is killing it on this book. My only interrogation is... Steel and OMAC are kilelrs now, right ? That's... something else.