Page 201 of 376 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251301 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 5626
    Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I hope he is getting another Superman book, or at least 6 issues mini.
    Yeah, here's to hoping it's a good development, like another Superman related book, other Super family characters, etc.

And hopefully its not some sinister editorial edict...
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I just read the latest issue of Action and I continue to believe this is the best Superman story in quite some time.

It's also a fantastic Justice League story, just with the players substituted (as thinly veiled as that is).

Despite thus far being a long form retelling of a classic story (the Warworld part of Exile, one of my favourites) it is doing an incredible job of reestablishing Mongul as a threat (riffing of Bendis' idea).

Is it too much to hope for Draaga is reintroduced? If Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow ends in a place to add her to the story I'd seriously lose it.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Incredible Member

I actually got the impression PKJ was referring to stuff in his personal life, in which case I hope he's doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    I actually got the impression PKJ was referring to stuff in his personal life, in which case I hope he's doing well.
    Yeah, that was the impression I got as well.

I hope he is getting another Superman book, or at least 6 issues mini.
    Either a House of El mini to coincide with all those teases he’s dropped about doing more with the characters, something with the United Planets given he’s said he’s doing another cosmic mini in the AMA, or maybe there’s a Superfamily crossover coming that he’ll be leading given he’s teased plans for Steel and Kara.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I don't know, tweet ends with "much more to come" and Superman hashtag so I'd think it is something Superman related.

I don't know, tweet ends with "much more to come" and Superman hashtag so I'd think it is something Superman related.
    Usually when it’s personal drama they just say that there’s stuff going on in their personal life that is forcing them to step back for a while too.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

I feel people are sleeping on this run.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    It’s going to be one of those runs people only discover when it gets adapted outside comics or later on down the line.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    I’ve been checking the chat here and there about the run. It always seems positive. I have been looking at trades but would snap up a nice collection. I thought he would be interesting since his other book seemed from a different space.

Looks like PKJ is contributing to the Dark Crisis lead up:
    The one-shot Justice League: Road to Dark Crisis #1 will be available on May 31 and features some of the biggest artists and writers in comics—including Joshua Williamson, Dan Jurgens, Phillip Kennedy Johnson, Clayton Henry, Emanuela Lupacchino, Stephanie Phillips, and more—showcasing what a world without the Justice League looks like to set the stage for the Dark Crisis event.
    Heh Jurgens too huh? Wonder what part he’ll be writing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I’ve been checking the chat here and there about the run. It always seems positive. I have been looking at trades but would snap up a nice collection. I thought he would be interesting since his other book seemed from a different space.
    I dug the hell out of The Last God from a world building standpoint and I think he’s brought that kind of writing style to Superman in a very enjoyable way.

Incredible Member

That one-shot is probably one of the few things I'll be getting from this event. I liked the "Death Metal: Last Stories of the DC Universe", I like the line-up, I hope PKJ writes something about how Metropolis and the Superman cast feel about Clark dying again, and I'm intrigued by what Jurgens has to contribute to this "let's celebrate Death of Superman by killing the JL" deal.

Hey guys! Just got off a DC Superman meeting, and we're looking way, way in the future. Really appreciate the support, and please don't worry, none of the books will break the others. Dark Crisis is gonna be rad, Warworld Saga and SsoKA are too. All's going as planned. ��⚔️��
    https://twitter.com/phillipkjohnson/...948392960?s=21

Incredible Member

That one-shot is probably one of the few things I'll be getting from this event. I liked the "Death Metal: Last Stories of the DC Universe", I like the line-up, I hope PKJ writes something about how Metropolis and the Superman cast feel about Clark dying again, and I'm intrigued by what Jurgens has to contribute to this "let's celebrate Death of Superman by killing the JL" deal.

The first DC event that I ever read was Zero Hour , that too involved Dan Jurgens . At the time , he was a rising writer/artist that had killed off Superman and brought him back.
    I think that now, he'll probably just do some art.
    Actually after seeing some of these preview pages, it does have that Zero Hour / Funeral for a Friend type of feeling.
    I think that they're celebrating the 30th anniversary of Death of Superman, so it would kind of feel similar IMO.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I wonder if some people in this thread feel silly now for speculating about the books sales and inferring things from PKJ's tweets that weren't actually happening.