Page 204 of 376 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254304 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 5626

The Great Worms definitely felt like an attempt to fold some Dune into Warworld. I’m wondering why they want access to OMAC’s machines? Obviously it’s connected to Mongul trying to unlock the full potential of Warworld, but what about OMAC’s tech would allow them to do so? OMAC betraying everyone to bring back Lia is being so heavily set up at this point it makes me wonder if there will be

I do agree with Quinlan that what we’re getting so far feels like only a small piece of a larger story, there’s a bunch of larger plots only starting to unfold:
    -The connection between Aethyr the god of the Phantom Zone and the Necropolis on Warworld
    -The nature of Genesis
    -Thaaros’ feud with the Phaelosians
    -The origins of the Phaelosians themselves and how they ended up on Warworld
    -Mongul’s plans for the United Planets
    -Midnighter’s rebellion and the fate of the rest of the Authority

I’m eager for the Warworld Rebellion to start because that’s hopefully when the plot lines will all start to converge. Next month we have Midnighter’s Rebellion and the solicits for the issue seem to point towards OMACs fall and Lia’s resurrection being the focus. I wonder if Mongul’s ability to bring back the dead is in any way tied to Aethyr?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

I loved this issue! I really want this made into a movie. With all of the amazing things that happened in this story and all of the mysteries unfolding, my favorite part was seeing Superman say "Great Scott" again. The little touches get me all the time.

As ever, a huge THANK YOU to all the Superfans for the #ActionComics love today! Writing Superman remains a joy and a privilege, especially w/ pros like @RicFederici @LeeLoughridge #DaveSharpe @Paul_Kaminski. Upcoming plans keep getting bigger... stay tuned!!! @DCComics #Superman
    https://twitter.com/phillipkjohnson/...393187845?s=21
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by magha_regulus View Post
    I loved this issue! I really want this made into a movie. With all of the amazing things that happened in this story and all of the mysteries unfolding, my favorite part was seeing Superman say "Great Scott" again. The little touches get me all the time.
    You and me both. Good god I haven't felt this riveted in a Superman story in ages!! I want this to keep going!

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magha_regulus View Post
    A Great Scott here, and a Suffering Saffo over in a recent WW. Classics.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

I'm loving this story! This is the 1st time I've read a solo Superman book in over a decade. How long I the War World arc?

It’s actually a difficult question to answer. Each arc flows into the next. I don’t want to spoil when the last issue ON Warworld happens, but even after that, the story we set up on Warworld will continue elsewhere. Thanks for reading!
    Yeah I’m betting the Aethyr connection won’t be explored until after Superman’s return to Earth. I wonder if we’re going to see the plot line about America, Atlantis, and Arthur being pissed at Clark for taking Genesis.

Extraordinary Member

Action Comics #1041 Preview (Unlettered)
    Writer: Phillip Kennedy Johnson
    Artist: Dale Eaglesham
    Backup Writer: Shawn Aldridge
    Backup Artist: Adriana Melo

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

This run is the "Black Label Superman" we didn't expected.

With Comixology dead we can’t track the weekly bestsellers anymore unfortunately, but this category for Amazon is promising and has Action at #3 of the Week.

Hope the sales are strong!
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    This run is the "Black Label Superman" we didn't expected.
    All the good Superman stuff is non-BL, I hope Waid can break the string of misses. If PKJ can’t do the long run he wants, then I hope he can do a BL Superman book since I love his take on Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Gods yes! Action hasn't been this good in ten years. As it stands, I already think this will be remembered fondly alongside excellent stories like Exile or Emperor Joker, but if PKJ isn't cut short and doesn't run out of gas, this run might rank up there with the very best of the best in-canon runs (despite a weak start I don't think any of us blame PKJ for in the first place).

I don't expect it to sell outside the usual Super range; I think it's unrealistic to expect more these days regardless of quality, but I hope to hell it sells well enough that DC is satisfied and won't feel the need to rock the boat.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    With Comixology dead we can’t track the weekly bestsellers anymore unfortunately, but this category for Amazon is promising and has Action at #3 of the Week.

All the good Superman stuff is non-BL, I hope Waid can break the string of misses. If PKJ can’t do the long run he wants, then I hope he can do a BL Superman book since I love his take on Clark.
    Phillip Kennedy Johnson is a gift for us Superman fans so far. It's really nice be able to say my favorite character also have the best comic currently, imo. PJK seems to be on the loop about the Dark Crisis stuff, hopefully it's a good sign.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Phillip Kennedy Johnson is a gift for us Superman fans so far. It's really nice be able to say my favorite character also have the best comic currently, imo. PJK seems to be on the loop about the Dark Crisis stuff, hopefully it's a good sign.

As long time Superman fan from about 1990 , I really love this run on Action by PJK . Hope that he can stay aboard for the long haul like creators used to do.
    I do miss another Superman/Clark book . When I started reading it was the Triangle era and we had 4 books a month .

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    As long time Superman fan from about 1990 , I really love this run on Action by PJK . Hope that he can stay aboard for the long haul like creators used to do.
    I do miss another Superman/Clark book . When I started reading it was the Triangle era and we had 4 books a month .
    In a perfect world we would have some Black Label project going on, or some minis.

Maybe we can get a Superman and The Authority spin-off coming after the Warworld Saga.