Page 206 of 376 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256306 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 5626

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He has said that some Warzoons found earth a while back and brought some earth tech to War World, hence the trucks that showed up a little while back. Maybe this is part of that filing in Mongul’s background?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    There may have been artists in this arc who drew a better Clark, but man, Federici's beasts are unparalleled.

Attachment 118888

https://twitter.com/PhillipKJohnson/...rzEFm0wBg&s=19
    I think his Clark really works in this, specially against the mix of epic-and-oppressive scale of the rest of the artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    He has said that some Warzoons found earth a while back and brought some earth tech to War World, hence the trucks that showed up a little while back. Maybe this is part of that filing in Mongul’s background?
    Could be, although I believe Mongul’s backstory is going to get explored in that Annual Eaglesham is drawing. Nothing says we can’t get some background info earlier. It doesn’t look like Warworld however, looks like it’s set on Earth. Hard to tell without color.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I forgot the last time I posted AC and Super books sales, lol. Comichron skipped the estimated sales for some months and started again with Jan. 2022 data. DC books are now ranked separately from Marvel and other publishers. PKJ's AC seems doing better than SoK post #5 drop.

13 - Superman Son of Kal-El #6

14 - Action Comics #1039

20 - Superman Son of Kal-El #7

22 - Superman and Robin Special #1

33 - Superman ’78 #6

37 - Supergirl Woman of Tomorrow #7

45 - World of Krypton #2

Full charts: https://comichron.com/monthlycomicss...2/2022-01.html

It’s the better of the two so I’d be glad to see it selling more.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

New head editor of the Superbooks unlocked his account:
    Hey everyone, Paul Kaminski here. Superman group editor and big BIG fan of big blue. Some very exciting things coming up this year and beyond, but first and foremost want to say how much i love the work of @TomTaylorMade and @PhillipKJohnson (1 of 2)

What Tom and Phillip were able to achieve this past year+ is nothing short of amazing, and as a fan of Superman comics i'm constantly in awe of what these writers bring to the table each and every month. Up, up and away. (2 of 2)
    https://twitter.com/paul_kaminski/st...368808961?s=21

Also the guy who edited Priest on Deathstroke and now Black Adam, dude is definitely peaking my interest. We’ve finally got a book featuring Conner again, now we just need something for Kara, Steel, and Kenan.

I’m loving the current era and it’s great to have so many Superfamily members in use! If you guys could find a place for Kenan and Steel I’d be ecstatic!

sooooo much Steel in the works. And Kenan is near and dear to my heart, he'll have a home
    https://twitter.com/paul_kaminski/st...641128960?s=21

God I hope we get to learn what the plans being teased for Steel are soon, and man dare I hope for Kenan’s return? Hope lives on!

BANNED

I've had my suspicions just from the S&L show on what DC might have planned for John and I hope I'm wrong.

BANNED

Joshua Williamson was interviewed by Wordbaloon on March 11th and he says that while Dark Crisis won't immediately derail Action Comics, eventually it will connect.

It’s the better of the two so I’d be glad to see it selling more.
    I was expecting/hoping the start of the Warworld Saga would bump the sales for AC. First issue of the storyline made into the Top 50. January's Warworld Part 4 (#1039) should be there too or close. Selling above Batman: Urban Legends and below Nightwing. Around the 40k range.

https://twitter.com/paul_kaminski/st...641128960?s=21

God I hope we get to learn what the plans being teased for Steel are soon, and man dare I hope for Kenan’s return? Hope lives on!
    My guess is that, while Superman is trapped on Warworld in his books and dead in JL, we'll get a "Shadow of the Bat" type of arc over AC; featuring Kara, Steel and whoever is considered a Supes fam member right now.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 03-16-2022 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Joshua Williamson was interviewed by Wordbaloon on March 11th and he says that while Dark Crisis won't immediately derail Action Comics, eventually it will connect.
    At least PKJ knew it was coming. I’m curious if the next arc, which returns to Earth, will be that acknowledgment, or if it will be something later on down the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I was expecting/hoping the start of the Warworld Saga would bump the sales for AC. First issue of the storyline made into the Top 50. January's Warworld Part 4 (#1039) should be there too or close. Selling above Batman: Urban Legends and below Nightwing. Around the 40k range.

My guess is that, while Superman is trapped on Warworld in his books and dead in JL, we'll get a "Shadow of the Bat" type of arc over AC; featuring Kara, Steel and whoever is considered a Supes fam member right now.
    That would be cool and I’d take that in stride as long as we don’t have to wait too long for Clark to return.

Incredible Member

PKJ has foreshadowed stories while Clark is dead since nearly the start. From mere framing like the place Clark hallucinates being called "The Necropolis" to something as blatant as Lois telling Clark that she's not afraid of him dying because even actual death couldn't kill him (and you all know there's been a lot more than just those two), "Superman Dies" has been constantly framed here as not an end but just another adventure Superman can go on. I really wouldn't be surprised if there's some sort of "Superman In The Underworld" storyline.

Anyway, PKJ has mentioned he had concrete plans for Kara and now Kaminski has said the same about Steel (I'm taking the Kenan mention as "I'll try to include him" rather than actual current plans), and yeah, that's probably the Super-family defending Earth and Metropolis while Clark is gone. IIRC, he never said "Clark would return to Earth in the next arc" but rather "The next arc will focus on the Earth-based cast and Lois will have a big role in it", right? Imagine if it's the reverse of her story in Death of Superman, where instead of Lois having to pretend to still have hope as everyone insists that Clark is still alive, here she is convinced that Clark will come back while everyone believes he is dead.

Though really I'd like it better if his entire supporting cast... if the entire world went "oh yeah, he's been dead before, he'll come back".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Though really I'd like it better if his entire supporting cast... if the entire world went "oh yeah, he's been dead before, he'll come back".
    Williamson has alluded to a scene in Dark Crisis between Dick and Jon about the impact of 'death' in DC, with Dick telling him Clark's died before as has Bruce

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    PKJ has foreshadowed stories while Clark is dead since nearly the start. From mere framing like the place Clark hallucinates being called "The Necropolis" to something as blatant as Lois telling Clark that she's not afraid of him dying because even actual death couldn't kill him (and you all know there's been a lot more than just those two), "Superman Dies" has been constantly framed here as not an end but just another adventure Superman can go on. I really wouldn't be surprised if there's some sort of "Superman In The Underworld" storyline.

Anyway, PKJ has mentioned he had concrete plans for Kara and now Kaminski has said the same about Steel (I'm taking the Kenan mention as "I'll try to include him" rather than actual current plans), and yeah, that's probably the Super-family defending Earth and Metropolis while Clark is gone. IIRC, he never said "Clark would return to Earth in the next arc" but rather "The next arc will focus on the Earth-based cast and Lois will have a big role in it", right? Imagine if it's the reverse of her story in Death of Superman, where instead of Lois having to pretend to still have hope as everyone insists that Clark is still alive, here she is convinced that Clark will come back while everyone believes he is dead.

Excited for the plans for Kara and Steel! I def hope they bring Kenan back as well. He's a great character is his own right (thought the mystical stuff was way cool), and also brings a whole slew of teamup opportunities to the table. Not to mention there can never be enough dim sum references.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Steel (with Jon and Lois) is going to be in the back up feature "A World without Clark Kent" starting in June's AC.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 03-18-2022 at 04:51 AM.