Page 207 of 376 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257307 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 5626
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Steel (with Jon and Lois) is going to be in the back up feature "A World without Clark Kent" starting in June's AC.
    Do you have a link?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Steel (with Jon and Lois) is going to be in the back up feature "A World without Clark Kent" starting in June's AC.
    Man, I hope they aren't planting seeds for a John/Lois/Clark triangle just because it's in the bloody tv show...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Man, I hope they aren't planting seeds for a John/Lois/Clark triangle just because it's in the bloody tv show...
    Seriously doubtful they'd ever do that. Isn't John currently with Lana (something the show appears to be headed)?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Seriously doubtful they'd ever do that. Isn't John currently with Lana (something the show appears to be headed)?
    He should be, but Bendis used Lana and there was no indication they were still involved.

BANNED

Sorry but I don't understand what you mean. Clark will be the protagonist of AC but there will be a separate story, or Clark completely disappears from the comic.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Do you have a link?
    https://www.dccomics.com/sites/defau...%20Connect.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    Sorry but I don't understand what you mean. Clark will be the protagonist of AC but there will be a separate story, or Clark completely disappears from the comic.
    He is still in the main story. The 10-pages back up feature will be "The world without Clark Kent"

BANNED

https://www.dccomics.com/sites/defau...%20Connect.pdf

He is still in the main story. The 10-pages back up feature will be "The world without Clark Kent"
    OK thank you

Incredible Member

With the Genesis Stone feeding Kal-El a portion of his long-dormant powers, the quest to overthrow Mongul’s tyrannical rule is well under way.

So even powered up, it's still just a portion of his powers.

but can Superman convince the war-torn combatants of this hellish nightmare planet that kindness can best cruelty?

Sounds corny, but it's been well-executed so far.

All this, plus Midnighter stabs some fools who had it coming!

There, the contrast needed to make the whole thing work.

Then, in “A World Without Clark Kent,” Lois, Jon, and John Henry Irons (a.k.a. Steel) convene to unlock the secrets of the mysterious Genesis tech...

It's PKJ writing it, so that's cool. The Mongul backstory back-ups were turned into just the one + the annual, I'm assuming. Great to see Lois back in the books, always a pleasure to see Steel, wonder what will be shown about the Genesis tech. Also, "World Without Clark Kent"? Nevermind the obvious nod to to Death & Return, this is one title they don't actually need to change whether Clark dies or just doesn't return. It applies as well to a Warworld Sage storyline as it does to a Dark Crisis storyline. Wonder if that means anything.

and Thao-La awakens...

Great to see her again, not sure how I feel about the solicit putting this as something so ominous, though.

Main cover is once again showing Superman in his regular suit and with the Warworld additions when we know he's running around half-naked, Pride cover is cute, other cover is once again a well-worn image but not half as groan-inducing as the previous month's, and it looks cool too.

Extraordinary Member

Action Comics #1041 Preview
    Writer: Phillip Kennedy Johnson
    Artists: Dale Eaglesham and Will Conrad
    Backup Writer: Shawn Aldridge
    Backup Artist: Adriana Melo

Nah, besides the show didn’t do that, Irons totally understood that wasn’t “his” Lois. They actually seem to be putting him and Lana together there given solicits for future episodes.
    Hell yeah, finally get some Steel involvement and Lois is involved too! Looks like it will be plot relevant as well given Genesis is set up to be key to Clark’s ability to beat Mongul. Dunno where Thao fits into the picture.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Nah, besides the show didn’t do that, Irons totally understood that wasn’t “his” Lois. They actually seem to be putting him and Lana together there given solicits for future episodes
    I haven't seen season two yet, so I haven't been following it all that closely. That puts me at ease.

But I still worry they'll tease some spark between Lois and Irons in the comics, bonding over the fact both their loved ones are out in space, and later when Clark is taken off the table in Dark Crisis. I want to be wrong, but I don't trust DC or Johnson at all right now. If he wants to get back to the triangle era or evoke it, the soap opera's got to come attached to it

4-Page preview of the next chapter of the WARWORLD SAGA, ACTION COMICS #1041, in which we see exactly what MIDNIGHTER has been up to this whole time. Also: the return of BYLA from the House of El annual! #Superman #ActionComics #WarworldSaga @DCComics
    https://twitter.com/phillipkjohnson/...569879056?s=21

Finally getting some more House of El stuff! He did say he planned on doing more with them just like he said the same for Steel and Kara.
    I haven't seen season two yet, so I haven't been following it all that closely. That puts me at ease.

But I still worry they'll tease some spark between Lois and Irons in the comics, bonding over the fact both their loved ones are out in space, and later when Clark is taken off the table in Dark Crisis. I want to be wrong, but I don't trust DC or Johnson at all right now. If he wants to get back to the triangle era or evoke it, the soap opera's got to come attached to it
    I don’t know where you heard that, but I don’t recall PKJ ever saying he wanted to evoke the Triangle Era. People whipped themselves into a frenzy when Bendis was writing and thought he was going to have Lois cheat on Clark and it never happened. Won’t happen here either. I’m baffled your reaction to Lois, Irons, and Jon teaming up is “PKJ will have Lois cheat on Clark with Irons” like either of those two would do that.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    People whipped themselves into a frenzy when Bendis was writing and thought he was going to have Lois cheat on Clark and it never happened..
    While this is true, Bendis fully embraced stirring the pot.

It's possible Irons and Lois will just have something in common over Natasha and Clark being out in space and help each other cope with them being out there, that I believe, but it's the whole deal with Dark Crisis and Clark being believed dead that doesn't put me at ease.

BANNED

While this is true, Bendis fully embraced stirring the pot.

It's possible Irons and Lois will just have something in common over Natasha and Clark being out in space and help each other cope with them being out there, that I believe, but it's the whole deal with Dark Crisis and Clark being believed dead that doesn't put me at ease.
    If I remember correctly in the death of superman (original) it doesn't take long for Lois to go out with another.
    besides that it is seen that in Dc they like the idea of ​​seeing Lois with other heroes.
    Comics mainly with Batman.
    TV with Lex and half JL.
    Animation with Batman.
    Cinema We all know that the original plan was for Lois and Bruce to be together.
    And in the current series in another universe she is not directly with clark, and they have brought her husband to the main universe. so I'd say it's almost certain to see Lois + John Irons.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    If I remember correctly in the death of superman (original) it doesn't take long for Lois to go out with another.
    Yes, she tries, but she puts a halt to it as she's still too emotionally raw from missing Clark.

I'd say it's almost certain to see Lois + John Irons.
    Yeah, I mean, Clark will be back, we know it, and Lois will go back to him, but I'd rather not create any of this sort of drama between Clark and Irons to begin with.