Page 215 of 376 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225265315 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 5626
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Looks like my guess that Action #1046 will be the finale of the Warworld Saga was right. 5 issues of buildup with 1030-1035, and then 10 issues of the actual event proper with 1036-1046 plus the Annual? Yeah that will be a good sized epic when it’s all collected. Intriguing that the Fourth World is connected, perhaps Genesis, the LIGHTRAY IS message, and the secrets of Warworld are all connected somehow? PKJ said he planned to tackle one of the two plot threads Morrison left, looks like the Lightray plot thread is what he’s choosing. Wonder if Taylor will take the Kryptonite plot thread or PKJ will get around to that later.

If Action is tying in to Dark Crisis, will they do it before or after Action 1050, because I think 1050 will be the start of the Metallo arc.
    Before Action #1050, I guess. Dark Crisis will be over in Dec. when AC 1050 is supposed to come out.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Teases for May's AC:

"#ActionComics 1043, featuring #WARWORLD REVOLUTION Part 1, art by @RicFederici and @LeeLoughridge, and MONGUL'S TALE with art by @WillConrad"

https://twitter.com/PhillipKJohnson/...00793557491724

"What's the yellow jewel historically seen in Mongul's chest? What fuels it? Also, what's the source of his PHYSICAL strength? If he's just a warzoon, how does he go toe-to-toe with #Superman while Superman wades through all the others? May's #ActionComics has all those answers."

https://twitter.com/PhillipKJohnson/...98699148480517

I love comics’ tendencies to give importance to even the most minor character details lol. And damn do I love Clark’s gladiator outfit! Can’t wait to get more of the new Mongul’s backstory.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Teases for May's AC:

"#ActionComics 1043, featuring #WARWORLD REVOLUTION Part 1, art by @RicFederici and @LeeLoughridge, and MONGUL'S TALE with art by @WillConrad"

https://twitter.com/PhillipKJohnson/...00793557491724

"What's the yellow jewel historically seen in Mongul's chest? What fuels it? Also, what's the source of his PHYSICAL strength? If he's just a warzoon, how does he go toe-to-toe with #Superman while Superman wades through all the others? May's #ActionComics has all those answers."

https://twitter.com/PhillipKJohnson/...98699148480517
    Here’s something interesting, that city that Mongul is looking at is the same one Superman saw in a vision:

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I love comics’ tendencies to give importance to even the most minor character details lol. And damn do I love Clark’s gladiator outfit! Can’t wait to get more of the new Mongul’s backstory.
    It's a writing technique to create the illusion of foreshadowing. You need to establish things in your story and hopefully connect them to what was there already before makes it feel liek it didn't compeltely come out of nowhere. And to be fair, it can work very well and when it does, creates a connection between the old and the new that is more than the sum of its parts.

Maybe in the annual we'll get more that city? One story from Mongul's perspective and another from Superman's?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Maybe in the annual we'll get more that city? One story from Mongul's perspective and another from Superman's?
    Whatever the Necropolis is, it seems to be the reason Mongul is so much more powerful than the rest of the Warzoons. Given Supes seems to also be drawing on an external power source besides sunlight, I wouldn’t be surprised if the two are connected in some way.

Extraordinary Member

Action Comics #1042 Preview
    Writer: Phillip Kennedy Johnson
    Artist: Riccardo Federici

BANNED

Ah, so the person dropping in on Lois wasn't Steel. I'm relieved now, and great as always to see Lois be so resilient and confident Clark's saving people.

BANNED

Justice Leauge#75 Preview

(W) Joshua Williamson
    (A) Rafa Sandoval

spoilers:
    This is interesting...looks as though Clark doesn't get a chance to return to Earth before Dark Crisis. He's transported to the JL Incarnates House of Heroes while in orbit around Warworld
    end of spoilers

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Why does it feel like clark being in his old costume is a down grade?
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

BANNED

I know I've given this run some stick for being boring, but I do feel bad for PKJ. His story gets interrupted by this and they hand all the meaningful 'Clark dealing with Jon's lost years' development over to Tom King.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Action Comics #1042 Preview
    Writer: Phillip Kennedy Johnson
    Artist: Riccardo Federici
    So Lois, Jon and Thao-La are part of the main feature too, not just the back-up. Interesting. Always good to see Lois, liking how her curiosity is being portrayed, liked her interaction with Jon (liked Jon himself, too), and how she's handling this whole situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post

(W) Joshua Williamson
    (A) Rafa Sandoval

spoilers:
    This is interesting...looks as though Clark doesn't get a chance to return to Earth before Dark Crisis. He's transported to the JL Incarnates House of Heroes while in orbit around Warworld
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I had the sneaking suspicion that when PKJ said "the next arc will focus on the Earth-based cast and do worldbuilding on Metropolis", Clark himself wasn't included in that. I wonder if this will be just another "World Without Superman", or if Clark himself may still be featured in some way.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    It certainly is a bit jarring to see him like that again with absolutely no fanfare, isn't it?

I know I've given this run some stick for being boring, but I do feel bad for PKJ. His story gets interrupted by this and they hand all the meaningful 'Clark dealing with Jon's lost years' development over to Tom King.
    Re:"dealing with Jon's lost years", PKJ already had his chance to explore that, in his brief Superman arc, and he didn't seem to have much to say about that other than portraying it as "children sure grow up fast". Much as I enjoy PKJ's run, I don't think he was ever going to be the one to write something interesting about that whole mess (that brief "my son's about your age... going to be 12 soon" line notwithstanding).

Ah, so the person dropping in on Lois wasn't Steel. I'm relieved now, and great as always to see Lois be so resilient and confident Clark's saving people.
    It’s funny that you were worried they were doing to Lois is what Marvel is actually doing to MJ. Feel bad for the Spider guys.

(W) Joshua Williamson
    (A) Rafa Sandoval

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    The way it’s set up is kind of ambiguous, deliberately so I imagine. Could be this is happening before the Warworld Saga and the entire storyline takes place after the JL dies and whenever they inevitably come back. Could also be that the next arc of Action will star Supergirl and Steel back in Metropolis since those are who PKJ name dropped as being involved in future Action stories. While I’m bummed we may have to wait to get Clark back, I like both Steel and Kara so it’s not the end of the world for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    They should’ve kept him in his Authority get up, I absolutely love that redesign. All it needed was a cape.

BANNED

Some of the interior pages of JL#75 have been leaked on BC.

spoilers:
    Basically shows the trinity being disintegrated in much the same vein as Barry in Crisis
    end of spoilers