Page 216 of 376 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226266316 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 5626

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The way it’s set up is kind of ambiguous, deliberately so I imagine. Could be this is happening before the Warworld Saga and the entire storyline takes place after the JL dies and whenever they inevitably come back. Could also be that the next arc of Action will star Supergirl and Steel back in Metropolis since those are who PKJ name dropped as being involved in future Action stories. While I’m bummed we may have to wait to get Clark back, I like both Steel and Kara so it’s not the end of the world for me.
    Definitely something along those lines. Or like after the War World Saga concludes, so Clark is back to full power and in the classic suit, and ready to head back to Earth and then gets teleported away. Then that lets PKJ start his next act after Dark Crisis and they all come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Definitely something along those lines. Or like after the War World Saga concludes, so Clark is back to full power and in the classic suit, and ready to head back to Earth and then gets teleported away. Then that lets PKJ start his next act after Dark Crisis and they all come back.
    That’s likely how they will explain it if the next Action arc features Clark. Especially since we know based on the solicit for Tom King’s story with Burnham that Clark is likely just teleported to his own Earth same as Barry was. So he won’t even need to be “resurrected” really.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

That’s likely how they will explain it if the next Action arc features Clark. Especially since we know based on the solicit for Tom King’s story with Burnham that Clark is likely just teleported to his own Earth same as Barry was. So he won’t even need to be “resurrected” really.
    I forgot that was what happened to Barry. I still think the Steel/Supergirl/Lois backups are going to be set while Clark is off world as opposed to "dead." Would not shock me if the most we see Dark Crisis reflected in Action is like a brief mention.

I forgot that was what happened to Barry. I still think the Steel/Supergirl/Lois backups are going to be set while Clark is off world as opposed to "dead." Would not shock me if the most we see Dark Crisis reflected in Action is like a brief mention.
    As someone who is actually looking forward to Dark Crisis I would be a-ok with Action just side stepping it
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'd like to try PKJ's Supes.

Where should i start?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I'd like to try PKJ's Supes.

Where should i start?
    Either Action Comics #1030, which is the start of PKJ’s Warworld Saga, or if you want to start from the very beginning the reading order would be:

Future State Superman: Worlds of War - Two parter about Superman fighting as a gladiator on Warworld in an alternate timeline. Really great character exploration about what Superman means to other people and how they see him, plus how Superman himself defines his role.
    Future State House of El - Tells the story of Superman’s descendants long after he’s presumed to be dead
    Superman #29/Action Comics #1029 - Two part Superman/Jon team up that’s about Jon trying to prevent his dad from being killed when a mysterious breach in space opens up
    Superman #30-32 - Filler mostly, it’s another Superman/Jon team up where they go into space after Supes gets a distress call. Not necessary for the current Action run
    Superman & The Authority - Written by Grant Morrison but tells the story of how Superman builds his Authority team he takes to Warworld
    Batman/Superman & the Authority - Batman asks for Superman’s help stopping a Dark Multiverse invasion, worth checking out to see Bats and Middy meet for the first time, but otherwise not necessary
    Action #1030 and onwards - The current run.

My advice is to start with Action #1030, see if you’re digging the current run, and if you are you can go back and read the other stuff, but it’s up to you of course.
    Last edited by Vordan; 04-24-2022 at 03:01 PM.

Would not shock me if the most we see Dark Crisis reflected in Action is like a brief mention.
    That's my hope.

The new Crisis is what, six/seven issues? And nobody is really expecting the big guys to be gone longer than that right? Books like Action should be able to time-jump over the whole thing if they want to.

I'm hoping Action ignores the whole thing. I've been loving the book and see no reason to screw up what PKJ is doing. Not for this.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Either Action Comics #1030, which is the start of PKJ’s Warworld Saga, or if you want to start from the very beginning the reading order would be:

Future State Superman: Worlds of War - Two parter about Superman fighting as a gladiator on Warworld in an alternate timeline. Really great character exploration about what Superman means to other people and how they see him, plus how Superman himself defines his role.
    Future State House of El - Tells the story of Superman’s descendants long after he’s presumed to be dead
    Superman #29/Action Comics #1029 - Two part Superman/Jon team up that’s about Jon trying to prevent his dad from being killed when a mysterious breach in space opens up
    Superman #30-32 - Filler mostly, it’s another Superman/Jon team up where they go into space after Supes gets a distress call. Not necessary for the current Action run
    Superman & The Authority - Written by Grant Morrison but tells the story of how Superman builds his Authority team he takes to Warworld
    Batman/Superman & the Authority - Batman asks for Superman’s help stopping a Dark Multiverse invasion, worth checking out to see Bats and Middy meet for the first time, but otherwise not necessary
    Action #1030 and onwards - The current run.

My advice is to start with Action #1030, see if you’re digging the current run, and if you are you can go back and read the other stuff, but it’s up to you of course.
    Tried 1030 on your rec.

Its not bad honestly. Not majorly enthused with the "losing power/radiation" thing but it was a decent issue. I think I may continue.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I don't understand the "losing power" thing.Superman has always been this level for me..On top of he is going toe to toe with mongul.pretty standard.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Incredible Member

That may be for the best. They've got a good run so I think the best kind of crossover should work as an "extra" to enhance it for the people that want it, not derail the story that people are already enjoying.

Solid issue, more of a transition issue into the Warworld Saga, but it did give us some reveals:

-Genesis is a living energy source and Clark entrusted Irons with studying it. Thao was empowered by it and is now dying because of withdrawal
    -Genesis is connected to each other as seen with how Lois and Irons can “hear” Clark
    -The way Teacher’s power seems to work, I think Manchester Black is confirmed to still be alive but enslaved to Teacher’s will, so Teacher can force Black to attack others with his powers via his Orphan Box
    -Now Clark and crew have their own Orphan Box and actually stand a chance of liberating Warworld

I dug how the “Unblooded Blade” has become Superman’s official “Warworld” title at this point with everyone calling him that, and I liked the conversation between Clark and Mongul over the worth of the Phaelosians. Hope it won’t take long for OMAC to see the light.

Action 1042 was great, as this whole arc have been. I really, really, hope Action Comics doesn't get to derailed by Dark Crisis, this is the best Superman book in a long time, and it really feels like it's building something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Action 1042 was great, as this whole arc have been. I really, really, hope Action Comics doesn't get to derailed by Dark Crisis, this is the best Superman book in a long time, and it really feels like it's building something.
    The Warworld Saga itself will be fine, looks like the August issue will be the end, and the book may just avoid tying in directly to Dark Crisis entirely if PKJ’s comparing it to S&tA are meant to say there won’t be a direct tie in within Action itself.

PHYSICIAN/PSYCHIATRIST WAKANDA FOREVER!'s Avatar

Orphan box = Mother box?

Quote Originally Posted by WAKANDA FOREVER! View Post
    Orphan box = Mother box?
    We’ve had Mother Boxes, Father Boxes, even Grandfather Boxes, guess a few of their kids ended up on Warworld