Page 23 of 376 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast

Heck I wouldn't be surprised if Waid wouldn't even be that keen on writing in a continuity where Clark has to share the Superman mantle with Jon and possibly be relegated off-planet to facilitate it. It would seem a better match for the more likely event that he does a Black Label book, or something otherwise out of continuity.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-18-2020 at 10:19 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Edit: PKJ also says that Jon is "basically an adult now", and that Legion was his "coming of age", and that "he's potentially more powerful than his dad, so that's gotta be explored".
    If that's how they're taking it, it'll feel even more rushed than the last age up.

Maybe that should be Jon's new thing. Jumping in age to match whatever the writers feel like he needs to be at the moment. Can't wait for old man Jon .

I liked things better a few days ago when all we had was that splash page that was nice to look at. Because everything being said now sounds like a train wreck. I just don't get who this is supposed to appeal to. Not Superman fans, as he's still being pushed aside for Jon, if not fully, at least in all intellectual theory. Neither does this seem to be for established Jon fans as the vast majority of his fanbase still likes the kid; they never latched onto the teen move. Now he's essentially a grown man? Why would they like that lightspeed maturation any more than they liked the teen age-up?
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-18-2020 at 10:26 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Just in case not everyone sees the last page, after his comment about Jon's potential power and all the story around him, he then literally says "luckily we have two Superman titles, so that will be enough to explore both characters"

So yeah, I'm calling it fellas. Seems like everything but the hard 1 to 1 confirm. Say hi to the next Superman in a year's time.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

So PKJ just flat out confirms my theory that he isn't going to be on both books forever. He implies that his run will change to just one book once the big event he talked about hits. And said event will only be in one of the two titles. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F4i...liseumOfComics

My guess remains that he'll make his and Clark's home Action with its legacy numbering, and Jon will in get Superman at a new #1 under Lewis (who is already doing the back ups for that book).

Edit: PKJ also says that Jon is "basically an adult now", and that Legion was his "coming of age", and that "he's potentially more powerful than his dad, so that's gotta be explored".

He then literally says "luckily we have two Superman titles, so that will be enough to explore both character. I'm calling it fellas. That's checkmate.
    Man you just know Mark Waid is waiting in the back with the steel folded chair to take the stage the minute he can.

Announcer 1: "We're launching a Superman #1 with-- "

Announcer 2: "OH MY GOD IT'S MARK WAID WITH A STEEL CHAIR! LEWIS TAKES A HIT, HE GOES DOWN! OOOH THAT HAS TO HURT!"

Announcer 1: "WHAT'S THIS? EDITORIAL IS COMING TO THE RING TO CHECK ON LEWIS... HE'S GETTING UP, FOLKS. THE DOCTOR IS CHECKING HIM OU--"

Announcer 2: "WAIT WHAT'S WAID DOING?! HE'S TAKING THE BOOK! OH MY GOD THE INSANITY!"

Announcer 1: "POOR LEWIS! THAT MAN HAS A FAMILY!"

Announcer 2: "WAID IS LAUNCHING SUPERMAN #1 IN SPRING 2022 WITH FRANCIS MANAP--"

Announcer 1: "THIS JUST IN FROM THE DOCTOR, LEWIS IS GOING TO BE OKAY! THEY'RE SAYING HE LAUNCHES SUPERMAN OF TOMORROW #1 ALONGSIDE WAID IN SPRING"

Announcer 1: "WHAT JUST HAPPENED-- WAIT, WHAT'S THIS? WE JUST RECEIVED A MESSAGE FROM AT&T..."

Announcer 2: "WHAT'S IT SAY?! PEOPLE AT HOME NEED TO KNOW?!"

Announcer 1: "DUE TO LOWER THAN EXPECTED SALES, THERE'S BEEN A SHAKEUP AND SUPERMAN WILL ONCE AGAIN BE WRITTEN BY LEWIS WITH WAID MOVING ON TO THE METAL MEN!"

Announcer 2: "HE APPEARS TO BE REFUSING TO LEAVE THE RING. THE LAWYERS ARE APPROACHING."

Announcer 1: "OH, YOU HATE TO SEE IT, THEY'RE USING THEIR SIGNATURE MOVE 'FINE PRINT IN THE CONTRACT!' WAID IS BEING DRAGGED OUT OF THE RING!"

Announcer 2: "...THAT'S GOT TO HURT!"

Somewhere, in a dark room, a hand puts down a telephone and a smile creeps across the a bald man with a goatee, shrouded in darkness's lips as he watches the news unfold on television, content in his intervention.

Voice (off-panel): Dan, come to dinner before your food gets cold.

I'm sorry. lol
    Last edited by Robanker; 12-18-2020 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If that's how they're taking it, it'll feel even more rushed than the last age up.

Maybe that should be Jon's new thing. Jumping in age to match whatever the writers feel like he needs to be at the moment. Can't wait for old man Jon .
    I don't think he's being literal. Jon was roughly 17 before, and he spent what seems to have been maybe 6 months to a year with the Legion (in Superman Lois confirms that it's been about a year since Bendis run started, and Jon didn't seem to have moved ahead or behind his native timeline while in the future), so he's likely 18 by now. He's an adult to some. But PKJ says "basically" seeming to imply that he isn't technically an adult, but close enough to be now feeling the responsibility of one.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member

Just in case not everyone sees the last page, after his comment about Jon's potential power and all the story around him, he then literally says "luckily we have two Superman titles, so that will be enough to explore both characters"

So yeah, I'm calling it fellas. Seems like everything but the hard 1 to 1 confirm. Say hi to the next Superman in a year's time.
    Okay, is this two Superman titles not counting Action Comics?

I don't think he's being literal. Jon was roughly 17 before, and he spent what seems to have been maybe 6 months to a year with the Legion (in Superman Lois confirms that it's been about a year since Bendis run started, and Jon didn't seem to have moved ahead or behind his native timeline while in the future), so he's likely 18 by now. He's an adult to some. But PKJ says "basically" seeming to imply that he isn't technically an adult, but close enough to be now feeling the responsibility of one.
    I'm fine with him embracing the first steps of adulthood, but I like Jon being weaker than his father, not stronger. I want him to be a different kind of Superman and since writers are in love with making him a clone of his dad, having a weaker skillset and needing to find different solutions is very appealing to me as a reader.

I also don't like how much writers fetishize humanity in science fiction, so I'd like if our biological contribution to super aliens wasn't to actually boost them but in fact weaken them a bit while perhaps our character or something else made that individual potent in a different way.

To be honest, even as a Jon fan, I can now totally see why people were so worried about him during Rebirth. Seems like those fears were more founded than I gave them credit for.
    I think it's relevant if they're using it as literal enough to justify calling him Superman when he's not even in his 20's.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Man you just know Mark Waid is waiting in the back with the steel folded chair to take the stage the minute he can.

Announcer 2: "OH MY GOD IT'S MARK WAID WITH A STEEL CHAIR! LEWIS TAKES A HIT, HE GOES DOWN! OOOH THAT HAS TO HURT!"

Announcer 1: "WHAT'S THIS? EDITORIAL IS COMING TO THE RING TO CHECK ON LEWIS... HE'S GETTING UP, FOLKS. THE DOCTOR IS CHECKING HIM OU--"

Announcer 2: "WAIT WHAT'S WAID DOING?! HE'S TAKING THE BOOK! OH MY GOD THE INSANITY!"

Announcer 2: "WAID IS LAUNCHING SUPERMAN #1 IN SPRING 2022 WITH FRANCIS MANAP--"

Announcer 1: "THIS JUST IN FROM THE DOCTOR, LEWIS IS GOING TO BE OKAY! THEY'RE SAYING HE LAUNCHES SUPERMAN OF TOMORROW #1 ALONGSIDE WAID IN SPRING"

Announcer 1: "WHAT JUST HAPPENED-- WAIT, WHAT'S THIS? WE JUST RECEIVED A MESSAGE FROM AT&T..."

Announcer 1: "DUE TO LOWER THAN EXPECTED SALES, THERE'S BEEN A SHAKEUP AND SUPERMAN WILL ONCE AGAIN BE WRITTEN BY LEWIS WITH WAID MOVING ON TO THE METAL MEN!"

Announcer 2: "HE APPEARS TO BE REFUSING TO LEAVE THE RING. THE LAWYERS ARE APPROACHING."

Announcer 1: "OH, YOU HATE TO SEE IT, THEY'RE USING THEIR SIGNATURE MOVE 'FINE PRINT IN THE CONTRACT!' WAID IS BEING DRAGGED OUT OF THE RING!"

Somewhere, in a dark room, a hand puts down a telephone and a smile creeps across the a bald man with a goatee, shrouded in darkness's lips as he watches the news unfold on television, content in his intervention.

I'm sorry. lol
    This...I...you...I...

I don't actually have words for this.

The closest I can muster is inspired.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Okay, is this two Superman titles not counting Action Comics?
    No. He's talking about Superman and Action Comics. As in Jon's getting one and Clark is getting the other. And apparently PKJ confirmed on twitter that Action is the one he's staying on, so Jon an (likely) Lewis get Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post

I'm sorry. lol
    I have to ask, did you read that introduction in the collection of Waid's Flash run where he talks about going crazy and waving a gun around after all the incessant requests to bring Barry back?

This...I...you...I...

I don't actually have words for this.

The closest I can muster is inspired.
    Thanks. I had fun writing it, as I usually do when I write silly **** like this on these boards. If anyone else enjoys them that's dope, but I write them for me. lol

I have to ask, did you read that introduction in the collection of Waid's Flash run where he talks about going crazy and waving a gun around after all the incessant requests to bring Barry back?
    I don't... recall doing that, but I know he gets spirited and he butts heads with Dan. The rest is just riffing on pro wrestling stories I remember from grammar school and playing up Dan's connections. I have read a lot of interviews/stories by and about him, so it may have blended in there. I'm in a goofy mood I guess. I should take up drawing again to clear that creative muscle and spare you all the poor humor. lol
    Last edited by Robanker; 12-18-2020 at 10:48 PM.

I think it's relevant if they're using it as literal enough to justify calling him Superman when he's not even in his 20's.
    Miles was Spider-Man when he was 13 or 14. Peter was Spider-Man when he was 15 or 16. Like Lobo said in Bendis run, they're not handing out certificates for being a man. That's something you decide for yourself when you feel like you can carry the weight that comes with it.

Plus, again, he'd be about 18 or flat out 18. He'd be well within his rights to be asked to be addressed as an adult. Being able to sip on a beer without fear of the party being broken up doesn't make one an adult.

So PKJ just flat out confirms my theory that he isn't going to be on both books forever. He implies that his run will change to just one book once the big event he talked about hits. And said event will only be in one of the two titles. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F4i...liseumOfComics

My guess remains that he'll make his and Clark's home Action with its legacy numbering, and Jon will in get Superman at a new #1 under Lewis (who is already doing the back ups for that book).

He then literally says "luckily we have two Superman titles, so that will be enough to explore both character. I'm calling it fellas. That's checkmate.
    Anything in particular that PKJ says that makes you think he will be giving up one of the books? Hilarious that they’re actually sticking with Jon potentially being more powerful than his dad considering how much writers whine about how “OP” Clark is. Guessing Lewis is taking the Jon book.
    Probably too much to hope for a Mark Waid Superman #1...
    Literally everything about the current status quo is a 180 from Waid’s ideal status quo. He doesn’t like the marriage, thinks the secret identity is key, prefers the Kents to be dead, etc. It’s why I’d honestly rather see him do a BL Superman book so we could get his “ideal” Superman status quo to tell Superman stories in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Heck I wouldn't be surprised if Waid wouldn't even be that keen on writing in a continuity where Clark has to share the Superman mantle with Jon and possibly be relegated off-planet to facilitate it. It would seem a better match for the more likely event that he does a Black Label book, or something otherwise out of continuity.
    Yep. Waid wants Clark.
    Hahahahahahaha holy **** that’s great.