Page 234 of 376 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238244284334 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 5626

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    McFarlane is making a Worlds at War Superman

this just make me more want The Warworld (and the freedom fighter variant) skin for multiversus

Well PKJ confirmed he’s still on after Kal-El Returns, and Action 1050 will likely be the start of a new arc so he’ll be on through that:

Love to see a toy wearing his current version too, and a Superman in the Authority suit toy. Are you still slated to be on Action after Kal-El Returns or is that still uncertain?

Still on!
    https://twitter.com/phillipkjohnson/...3v7hT0cIDEaNAw
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Well PKJ confirmed he’s still on after Kal-El Returns, and Action 1050 will likely be the start of a new arc so he’ll be on through that:

that Good news I been really enjoying his writing and story the warworld saga is definitely a superman essential (especially if the Apocalypse stick the landing)

kinda hoping it that the next arc will be the Circe/Green lantern team up that he kept foreshadowing
    Action Comics 1041 (2022) (Webrip) (The Last Kryptonian-DCP)-015.jpg

That figure gives me hope that momentum is still building up for this story and maybe we'll even get animated at some point.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Yes!!!

I also love how PKJ himself is pretty pumped to see this action figure.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    That figure gives me hope that momentum is still building up for this story and maybe we'll even get animated at some point.
    Yeah, this story practically begs for animated adaptation.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Would need a good budget to pull it off but I’d love to see it adapted in animation. Not as one of the DTVs, those are too short to do it justice, but maybe as an arc of MAWS? Otherwise if they’re really going to stick with Cavill in the DCEU (which I don’t expect) the Warworld Saga would be an easy way to soft reboot him. Get him off Earth for a movie and throw him into a place where he’s constantly tempted to take the easy way out and kill, but chooses not to as a demonstration of his new morals. Would be a total shake up from a “traditional” Superman movie yet also allow you to side step all the things about the DCEU people hated.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Well PKJ confirmed he’s still on after Kal-El Returns
    We knew that didn't we? Or is he referring to post-Dark Crisis?

Would need a good budget to pull it off but I’d love to see it adapted in animation. Not as one of the DTVs, those are too short to do it justice, but maybe as an arc of MAWS? Otherwise if they’re really going to stick with Cavill in the DCEU (which I don’t expect) the Warworld Saga would be an easy way to soft reboot him. Get him off Earth for a movie and throw him into a place where he’s constantly tempted to take the easy way out and kill, but chooses not to as a demonstration of his new morals. Would be a total shake up from a “traditional” Superman movie yet also allow you to side step all the things about the DCEU people hated.
    I'd be 100% fine with this. To do this with any kind of justice would need at least to be a stand alone mini series to have introduce the characters and concepts. Maybe a three part animated movie arc like the Death followed by the Reign of Superman.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I'd also love if they adapt the Authority characters along with it. Be the perfect opportunity to finally bring Midnighter and Apollo to the big screen.

Plus I do love the general concept of Superman assembling his own team of ultra powerful superhumans. If Batman can have the Outsiders, no reason why Supes can't have an Authority.

On that note I hope after the Superman Returns arc they finally do something with Apollo. Poor guy gets so shafted in favor of his husband and I would love if he got some independent spotlight, especially seeing more of his interactions with Superman.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

They better not shove Clark's "morals"(cough!cough!dumb comics fan dogma) on authority members.. Especially on mamchester black.. irreverence of the character towards clark is refreshing in superbooks.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    McFarlane is making a Worlds at War Superman

I thought my days of buying action figures were over.

Just when I think I’m out, they pull me back in!

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I'd also love if they adapt the Authority characters along with it. Be the perfect opportunity to finally bring Midnighter and Apollo to the big screen.

Plus I do love the general concept of Superman assembling his own team of ultra powerful superhumans. If Batman can have the Outsiders, no reason why Supes can't have an Authority.

On that note I hope after the Superman Returns arc they finally do something with Apollo. Poor guy gets so shafted in favor of his husband and I would love if he got some independent spotlight, especially seeing more of his interactions with Superman.
    I’m hoping Apollo gets inducted into the Superfamily. Agreed that he’s never gotten the same love or attention as Middy. Maybe if he was around the other flying bricks it would force writers to flesh him out more as a contrast to them.

Mighty Member

I’m hoping Apollo gets inducted into the Superfamily. Agreed that he’s never gotten the same love or attention as Middy. Maybe if he was around the other flying bricks it would force writers to flesh him out more as a contrast to them.
    Add in storm watch,wildcats,and gen 13 maybe even sleeper hero every wildstorm character apart of the Superman franchise look at new gods on how those characters became connected to Superman and later to the justice league.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Add in storm watch,wildcats,and gen 13 maybe even sleeper hero every wildstorm character apart of the Superman franchise look at new gods on how those characters became connected to Superman and later to the justice league.
    On that note they really should continue that Wild Storm reboot from a couple years back.

Sure Warren Ellies was the architect of that, but lets not let him being a huge prick ruin the property like that. There's plenty of good writers out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    On that note they really should continue that Wild Storm reboot from a couple years back.

Sure Warren Ellies was the architect of that, but lets not let him being a huge prick ruin the property like that. There's plenty of good writers out there.
    I don’t think there’s any chance of that, which is why Lee made another attempt at integrating the Wildstorm properties into the DCU after Ellis retreated from public life. Waiting to see if we get more Wildstorm books in the DCU spinning out of Dark Crisis or if DC has abandoned that effort once again aside from what the Superbooks are using.