Page 239 of 376 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249289339 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 5626

I'm expecting Taylor to barely do anything with them in his Nightwing run.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    His love for Superman is suspicious lol I think he loves more the characters around him (like Lois) than the man himself.
    Oooof one of those guys, Black Panther is currently having that issue.

Where writers seem way more interested in the supporting cast over the actual main character.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He’d give Batman the goddamn Fortress if he could. I’m so tired of this bullshit from him. You love Superman soooooo much but you do NOTHING with Metropolis? The only supporting cast you use besides your OCs are Jon, Lois, Lex, Ma & Pa, and fucking Batman? I don’t know Tommy boy I’m starting to think maybe you aren’t as interested in Superman as you think you are. Surely a meeting between Jon and the two most prominent law enforcement officers in Metropolis who worked with his dad could maybe be useful? Show how Jon is different, you could even have had Maggie and Turpin been the ones to arrest Jon back during his early issues, and that setting the tone for their relationship! Maybe Maggie and Jon talk about how queer people have been treated in Metropolis in the past compared to now where there’s an out and proud Superman protecting it, or Turpin and Jon get into weird Kirby adventures about what lives in the shadows of the city! Or you could just do nothing with them and poach them for your Bat book.

The Batbooks already have so many characters but of course they have to steal from the Superbooks regardless. Kal-El Returns has its work cut out for it because I expect Taylor’s half to be as creatively barren as the rest of his run. If PKJ wants to build Metropolis into something as fleshed out as his take on Warworld he’s on his own. Taylor doesn’t give a damn.
    I have long given up on Tom Taylor actually doing much of anything other than pay lip service to Superman's corner of the universe when it's clear he'll move heaven and Earth to do shit in Gotham.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Its not like he's that good of a Batman writer anyway, has anyone else read his Batman: The Detective miniseries?

Let me tell you it was middling. The main villain was another evil Batman, this time a terrorist group dressed in white Batsuits and the intended moral Bruce has to learn is absolutely awful.

See the badguys motivation is killing every person Batman saved because the leader, her family died because a guy Batman once saved turned out to be a drunk and he wound up killing them in a drunk driving accident. The baddie Equilibrium a secret agent assassin trained by one of Batman's mentors Henri Ducard, went insane and blamed Batman because he saved the guy so she's killing everyone he saved in return.

The lesson Batman is to learn from this is "your actions have consequences" as in be careful of who you save cause it might turn out bad later on which is...... awful, awful stuff.

How the Hell is it his fault the guy turned out to be a drunk? He can't control that, is he supposed to screen every person he's about save or something?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Its not like he's that good of a Batman writer anyway, has anyone else read his Batman: The Detective miniseries?

Let me tell you it was middling. The main villain was another evil Batman, this time a terrorist group dressed in white Batsuits and the intended moral Bruce has to learn is absolutely awful.

See the badguys motivation is killing every person Batman saved because the leader, her family died because a guy Batman once saved turned out to be a drunk and he wound up killing them in a drunk driving accident. The baddie Equilibrium a secret agent assassin trained by one of Batman's mentors Henri Ducard, went insane and blamed Batman because he saved the guy so she's killing everyone he saved in return.

The lesson Batman is to learn from this is "your actions have consequences" as in be careful of who you save cause it might turn out bad later on which is...... awful, awful stuff.

How the Hell is it his fault the guy turned out to be a drunk? He can't control that, is he supposed to screen every person he's about save or something?
    Or his Injustice stuff where (normal, as far s we know) Batman suddendly becomes THE WORST FRIEND IN THE WORLD (alongside WW) and leaves a grieving Superman alone the moment he kills the Joker (while he's extremely disturbed to due gargantuan circumstances). Or in Dceased, where he was calmly assessing the situation and had time to call the Flash but kinda, sorta forgot to turn off the Wi-Fi

Damn if that’s one of the Superman Robots that’s a very cool take! I want to see how Federeci would draw the Fortress of Solitude!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

If this Warworld arc ever gets adapted to film, I want Federici's art to be what the art of Alan Lee was to LOTR.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

BANNED

Taylor is a writer with no real talent, he is very good at selling himself but that's it, his comics are stories that would sell no matter who wrote them, they are controversial stories.

His recent arc in Superman: Son of Kal-El don’t feel controversial, just very long. But so does Phillip Kennedy Johnson’s Warworld arc right now in Action Comics. Very, very longgggg.

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    If this Warworld arc ever gets adapted to film, I want Federici's art to be what the art of Alan Lee was to LOTR.
    That being said how would they adapt this? Do they keep the Old gods aspect and Superman's Authority in the story? Like it feel that if they're going to adapt it the would just replace the Authority with the Justice league but that would just take away from superman in a way

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CgEkkI8...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
    Looks like Stryker’s, and those two humans visiting the robot must be Lois and Sam. Then that robot I posted earlier must be Metallo! Looks like we’re going to be seeing him soon, likely setting up his involvement in Kal-El Returns!
    Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post
    That being said how would they adapt this? Do they keep the Old gods aspect and Superman's Authority in the story? Like it feel that if they're going to adapt it the would just replace the Authority with the Justice league but that would just take away from superman in a way
    It would be pretty easy, you cut the “team” entirely. Superman only recruited a team to make up for his power loss, you drop that, he goes to Warworld on his own because he thinks he’s strong enough to take it on by himself, he gets his shit wrecked, he ends up in the slave pits and ultimately leads a riot that transforms into a full on rebellion. Like I said, Superman meets Spartacus (preferably with a happier ending ).
    Last edited by Vordan; 07-21-2022 at 10:22 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I've gotten the impression that DC as a whole likes Superman's supporting cast, iconography and even his archnemesis (Luthor) but doesn't really seem to like Superman himself all that much.

I truly believe if they could get away with it, Warners/DC would give everything surrounding Superman to Batman or disperse it amoung his JL peers.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CgEkkI8...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
    Looks like Stryker’s, and those two humans visiting the robot must be Lois and Sam. Then that robot I posted earlier must be Metallo! Looks like we’re going to be seeing him soon, likely setting up his involvement in Kal-El Returns!

It would be pretty easy, you cut the “team” entirely. Superman only recruited a team to make up for his power loss, you drop that, he goes to Warworld on his own because he thinks he’s strong enough to take it on by himself, he gets his shit wrecked, he ends up in the slave pits and ultimately leads a riot that transforms into a full on rebellion. Like I said, Superman meets Spartacus (preferably with a happier ending ).
    Yep, was gonna say pretty much this, can do it without the team for sure. But if they wanted to keep it a team story I'd still prefer the Aurthority. The thought of the ongoing back and forth between Manchester Black and Superman is too good to pass up. But I can def see the powers that be wanting the JL instead.

And speaking of Spartacus, I've had this vision in my head since this whole arc started where Clark is about to be captured once and for all, then everyone storms in and says, "I am Superman," and they win the day.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I've gotten the impression that DC as a whole likes Superman's supporting cast, iconography and even his archnemesis (Luthor) but doesn't really seem to like Superman himself all that much.

I truly believe if they could get away with it, Warners/DC would give everything surrounding Superman to Batman or disperse it amoung his JL peers.
    I dunno about supporting cast...sometimes it feels like they could take or leave Jimmy and Lois at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I dunno about supporting cast...sometimes it feels like they could take or leave Jimmy and Lois at times.
    Jimmy never gets anything to do. I think DC wouldn’t mind stealing Superman’s villains for the JL, but otherwise they couldn’t care less about the Super Mythos.
    Last edited by Vordan; 07-21-2022 at 11:26 PM.