Page 24 of 376 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I liked things better a few days ago when all we had was that splash page that was nice to look at. Because everything being said now sounds like a train wreck. I just don't get who this is supposed to appeal to. Not Superman fans, as he's still being pushed aside for Jon, if not fully, at least in all intellectual theory. Neither does this seem to be for established Jon fans as the vast majority of his fanbase still likes the kid; they never latched onto the teen move. Now he's essentially a grown man? Why would they like that lightspeed maturation any more than they liked the teen age-up?
    Jon is their way to soft reboot Superman like they’ve wanted to do. No marriage. No set love interest to limit him. No pre conceived notion of how he “should” act or how he should operate. Jon has been a teen almost as long as he was a kid, soon he’ll have been a teen longer than he was a kid. DC doesn’t care about kid Jon fans, they’ll toss them a bone with Tomasi’s series but they’re not interested in keeping him there anymore clearly. I don’t know how to feel about it honestly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    No. He's talking about Superman and Action Comics. As in Jon's getting one and Clark is getting the other. And apparently PKJ confirmed on twitter that Action is the one he's staying on, so Jon an (likely) Lewis get Superman.
    I checked his Twitter, unless he deleted it all he’s confirmed is that Action is building towards a Superman event with Janin, nothing about giving up either books. But to be fair if that was happening it’s way too early to be confirming that considering Sept 2021 seems to be when the big Superman event that’s going to shake things up will happen.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

The interview goes on to say that where Bendis explored Clark's human side, PKJ wants to explore Clark's "god side" and his "place in the universe" and his potential to take over it all, but his refusal to do so. He also says that we'll see him inspire all throughout the universe, and that it'll be the "most epic" version of Superman he can give.

Once again, sounds like Clark's going into space.

He also says that Clark's powers are the "device that we show how incorruptible he is"
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

The interview goes on to say that where Bendis explored Clark's human side, PKJ wants to explore Clark's "god side" and his "place in the universe" and his potential to take over it all, but his refusal to do so. He also says that we'll see him inspire all throughout the universe, and that it'll be the "most epic" version of Superman he can give.

He also says that Clark's powers are the "device that we show how incorruptible he is"
    ....ok that sounds kinda awesome? It could turn into a ****show like the “god” DCEU version, but cosmic Superman kicking ass in outer space and being this big symbol ala Luke Skywalker sounds great! Very much in the vein of Bendis’ stuff. Hope that means the United Planets will play a role.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Anything in particular that PKJ says that makes you think he will be giving up one of the books?
    He doesn't beat around the bush. He just flat out says that he's not going to be on both books past his big event in a year. And that said event would be in the book he'll continue on.

Then he later says that it's lucky they have the two Superman books (Action and Superman) to split between Jon and Clark.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Well a lot of us (myself included) have been clamoring for more cosmic Superman. That's good! I just hope it's not Clark telling his wife, family and friends "WHELP, GOTTA SCOOT" and that he sufficiently shows he is trying to get back to them. But I do appreciate that he's keying in on his powers being a way to reflect his character because many who mention they want to explore his godlike presence/power seem to forget that.

Just hope the other elements of Clark (like his supporting cast, who I love) don't get lost in the shuffle. Obviously if he's in deep space, they're out of the book, but he should at least think about his wife, son and probably cousin a time or two and Lois should be present in the backup material.

He doesn't beat around the bush. He just flat out says that he's not going to be on both books past his big event in a year. And that said event would be in the book he'll continue on.

Then he later says that it's lucky they have the two Superman books (Action and Superman) to split between Jon and Clark.
    Thanks, interesting to hear. I’m guessing Lewis or Watters will get the other one, maybe DC is watching to see how the two are received before making a decision? Either one has potential, can’t wait for Future State to see how everyone performs. This big event coming up... I wonder if that’s where President Superman will show up since he’s in the Infinite Frontier ad?

Astonishing Member

Okay, I like the way this sounds. I hope he can pull it off. It's not a lot but might sooth a bit of my uneasiness with the changes coming our way.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Well a lot of us (myself included) have been clamoring for more cosmic Superman. That's good! I just hope it's not Clark telling his wife, family and friends "WHELP, GOTTA SCOOT" and that he sufficiently shows he is trying to get back to them. But I do appreciate that he's keying in on his powers being a way to reflect his character because many who mention they want to explore his godlike presence/power seem to forget that.

Just hope the other elements of Clark (like his supporting cast, who I love) don't get lost in the shuffle. Obviously if he's in deep space, they're out of the book, but he should at least think about his wife, son and probably cousin a time or two and Lois should be present in the backup material.
    That's what I need to. Lois cannot, should not fade away because of this direction. I don't want to be dispointed.

I have to imagine they show up in Jon's book along with whoever his supporting cast will be and Guardian. Lewis is already doing a Jimmy back up that focuses on the people of the city. My guess is that the city itself will be a big part of Jon's book.

Thanks, interesting to hear. I’m guessing Lewis or Watters will get the other one, maybe DC is watching to see how the two are received before making a decision? Either one has potential, can’t wait for Future State to see how everyone performs. This big event coming up... I wonder if that’s where President Superman will show up since he’s in the Infinite Frontier ad?
    Probably Lewis. He's doing Future State Jon and the back ups in the Superman book where the solicitation is basically written from Jon's POV.

President Superman is likely in Yang's book that seems to be a Superman/Batman multiverse anthology book.

I'll admit, the part about exploring more of his "Super" side is intriguing. I still have issues with the inevitable reception of the how though. Fans who still want him associating with his classic cast will be upset. Clark and Lois fans will be upset because they're separated. Lois fans will be upset, because you bet your bottom dollar she's going to be after-thought altogether. At best she'll be the new Ma Kent in Jon's narrative, unless she gets stuff to do in backup sections. If it was just something for an arc, that's one thing of course. But I think its safe to assume this is going to be ongoing for quite a while because pushing Jon as the new Superman of Earth is not going to last for just one arc. So this will probably be a long sojourn. Its an interesting idea but done in wildly problematic ways for this version of the character. I know its a new regime so this is their first real direction, but it still shows a lack of consistency in the character you have and the things you want to do. And even if they do produce fun stories, its still there in the back of your mind that he can't return home because they're pushing another character in his role.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-18-2020 at 11:29 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Just to solidify things, in the interview PKJ flat out says that he was tapped for 5G to do cosmic stuff with what was being planned there. So, like Ridley, he's another 5G writer coming onto Future State to do what sounds vaguely 5G-ish.

PKJ then goes on to straight up confirm that, yes, 5G did in fact morph into what we're now seeing with Future State, and that threads in 5G are some of the things we're seeing now (he name drops Joker War). He says that apparently DC liked a great deal of the ideas in 5G so much that they still wanted to use them, and that they're still finding ways to use them.

He then also says that the plans that he had for the cosmic line are being applied to Superman. Again, Clark's going to space fellas.

He then reiterates "Jon has a very important place going forward". I've never seen a man try so hard not to just say a thing lol

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Just to solidify things, in the interview PKJ flat out says that he was tapped for 5G to do cosmic stuff with what was being planned there. So, like Ridley, he's another 5G writer coming onto Future State to do what sounds vaguely 5G-ish.

PKJ then goes on to straight up confirm that, yes, 5G did in fact morph into what we're now seeing with Future State, and that threads in 5G are some of the things we're seeing now (he name drops Joker War). He says that apparently DC liked a great deal of the ideas in 5G so much that they still wanted to use them, and that they're still finding ways to use them.

He then also says that the plans that he had for the cosmic line are being applied to Superman. Again, Clark's going to space fellas.

He then reiterates "Jon has a very important place going forward". I've never seen a man try so hard not to just say a thing lol
    I'm watching it too and I really hope he just breaks and screams "SOYLENT SUPERMAN IS JOOOOOONNNN" like three seconds before it cuts. lol

I guess they want to slowly build up to 5G rather than do Didio’s “**** you nerds this is how it is now”. Still I want to know if they think the fans are going to love this or if they’re just committed to 5G come hell or high water. Because there will still be backlash to the OGs getting replaced, there’s no getting around that. If they recognize that and are still committed then I think this will be the long term plan of DC, building towards Future State. If they think fans will love this and get surprised at the reaction then “meet the new boss, same as the old boss”, with DC likely having to do yet another hard reset to get things back to “basics”.

I don’t know why they wouldn’t have Lewis or Watters or whoever take over the other book and just work alongside PKJ though. Why make him do both at first?

I'm watching it too and I really hope he just breaks and screams "SOYLENT SUPERMAN IS JOOOOOONNNN" like three seconds before it cuts. lol
    I swear, it looked like he was almost mad he could just say it lol

I don’t know why they wouldn’t have Lewis or Watters or whoever take over the other book and just work alongside PKJ though. Why make him do both at first?
    New #1s dude. It's a slow rollout, and that's code for "new #1s in a year".

I bet you Justice League even gets a new #1 when Jon and Tim join in Clark and Bruce's place.

Plus, this basically lets PKJ do all the leg work via what is basically double shipping to set up the status quo that allows for Jon and the new #1. Till then Lewis cuts his teeth on back ups, and maybe even builds up some story to play with when his time comes.

Well I can’t argue with that logic considering I myself said that I thought DC wanted to first establish quality and then do a relaunch later on, so that people would know what to think of the new blood.