Page 241 of 376 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251291341 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,615 of 5626
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    I think there's some sort of Sigmund Freud joke in there somewhere...
    I mean most of Freud's observations came down to phallic representation or oedipal complexes, so your guess is as good as mine?
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Abandon New 52 Earth-2, accept no watered down substitutes. Multiversal refugee living on clutter Earth with the JSA or bust!

Yeah it's probably going to be Kenan. I'm rooting for him too.
    In fairness I don't think the New 52 Earth-2 has been a thing since the end of its final series in 2017.

The only reason its still mentioned at this point is because Michael B Jordan plans to make a movie out of Val-Zod......... Huh Val was actually created by Tom Taylor after he took over the title from James Robinson.

He was also the one who introduced Thomas Wayne Batman to Earth-2 and from what I recall thats when the series entered a decline as he basically made the series the Superman/Batman show plus Red Tornado Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen.

Wow he is repetitive. He took a title that was supposed to focus on characters other than the trinity and proceeded to bring back the dynamic duo and this was in like 2014.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I mean most of Freud's observations came down to phallic representation or oedipal complexes, so your guess is as good as mine?
    Was going with the bust reference. Guess I missed on that one.
    Last edited by The Frog Bros; 07-25-2022 at 04:26 AM.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

This issue of Action is mainly building up towards the big finale but we do get some cool reveals:

-Byla the storyteller knows so much about the past and the future because he’s a servant of the Gods of the First World meant to protect the way to Olgrun’s Fire

-Natasha Irons is building a new kind of sun out of Astral seeds from the Starforge that will hopefully empower Supes and the Phaelosians. There’s a “New Phaelosia” out there that some of the Phaelosians want to return to while others want to go with Superman to Earth

-Midnighter is going to try and free his husband and the other Authority members from Mongul’s control

-And the issue ends with Superman having to fight another Genesis-warped giant monster in order to claim Olgrun’s Fire except this time he’s at his weakest

But the backup is the part that had me grinning because at long last Kenan returns!

We’re finally getting a proper Superfamily team up (minus Clark and Nat) next issue!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I was reading this issue and started thinking how awesome it would have been if DC managed to work out consistent art team for the book. It is not bad all things considered, but it could be much better.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Kenan? lol PKJ really went at Tom Taylor's school of Twitter fanservice.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I was reading this issue and started thinking how awesome it would have been if DC managed to work out consistent art team for the book. It is not bad all things considered, but it could be much better.
    Federeci suffers from the Ribic problem of gorgeous art but being very slow. I wish they had kept Mendonca on this book, he and Federeci rotating would’ve been perfect. Conrad does a good job but I agree the book would be stronger if PKJ got a consistent artist to work with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Kenan? lol PKJ really went at Tom Taylor's school of Twitter fanservice.
    Hey Kenan should be showing up in crossovers like this. He teamed up with Clark and the other Superfamily members during Rebirth! I’m a bit biased since I consider him Superman’s best “legacy” hero but Yang crafted Kenan to be a way more interesting successor to Kal than any of the other attempts since Steel and Kon debuted back in the 90s. I want other writers to use him!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hey Kenan should be showing up in crossovers like this. He teamed up with Clark and the other Superfamily members during Rebirth! I’m a bit biased since I consider him Superman’s best “legacy” hero but Yang crafted Kenan to be a way more interesting successor to Kal than any of the other attempts since Steel and Kon debuted back in the 90s. I want other writers to use him!
    I think Kenan and the other Chinese JLers should get their own identities. They feel like parodies, imo. And have zero connection (except Avery) to the originals.

I think only Bat-Man and Kenan have problems with identity/naming. Aquaman is called something else and WW should just go with Green Snake.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I think Kenan and the other Chinese JLers should get their own identities. They feel like parodies, imo. And have zero connection (except Avery) to the originals.
    Kenan is intimately tied to Clark, he literally gets his powers because of Clark’s “Solar Flare” ability. And Kenan being a “Chinese knockoff” is explicitly something Yang explores and makes a focus of his run. Kenan is a way better character than Taylor’s attempts at creating Superman “successors”, Yang has interesting things to say about the Superman archetype.

If we’re going to have multiple people walking around calling themselves “Superman” for diversity’s sake then I’m not in favor of taking the mantle from Kenan, the only Asian Superfamily member. Either take “Superman” away from everyone but Clark or he should get to keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think only Bat-Man and Kenan have problems with identity/naming. Aquaman is called something else and WW should just go with Green Snake.
    I think it was something Yang planned originally to give them their own identities down the line, but never happened due to the series cancellation.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Kenan is intimately tied to Clark, he literally gets his powers because of Clark’s “Solar Flare” ability. And Kenan being a “Chinese knockoff” is explicitly something Yang explores and makes a focus of his run. Kenan is a way better character than Taylor’s attempts at creating Superman “successors”, Yang has interesting things to say about the Superman archetype.

If we’re going to have multiple people walking around calling themselves “Superman” for diversity’s sake then I’m not in favor of taking the mantle from Kenan, the only Asian Superfamily member. Either take “Superman” away from everyone but Clark or he should get to keep it.
    Yeah, sure he is more original than Clark 2.0 but Bi, Jon. But they feel disconnected as characters. Maybe it's the lack of consistent history with Clark.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Another Superfam reunion Karen isn't invited to.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Yeah, thanks, but no. I think that after Warworld ends I'm stepping back to see what the actual status quo is going to be for 2023. Crossover with Taylor and now this teaser doesn't inspire much confidence.

Killing SM in Dec. 2022 for the 30th anniversary of DoS was my thought for long, you know. And I was expecting also a "Shadow of the Bat (2022)" type of storyline with the Superfam during his absence. And the Superfam has become prominent again in AC lately. Hmm...

Or maybe they are teasing an out of continuity project, idk. We'll see tomorrow.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 07-26-2022 at 12:50 PM.