Page 250 of 376 FirstFirst ... 150200240246247248249250251252253254260300350 ... LastLast
Results 3,736 to 3,750 of 5626

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Man, I wish they would release a black & white edition of this Warworld arc. Federici's art somehow looks even better without colors.
    Agreed. It's a work of art already and conveys the atmosphere so much I fear it will be ruined with color.

BANNED

I hope that the plot of the Kryptonite is that it disappears, the Kryptonite has done more harm than good to the Superman stories, it is an easy way out, instead of creating a story they use the Kryptonite and that's it. so goodbye forever

Incredible Member

Well, Metallo's going to be a major villain, so it only makes sense.

Speaking of which, that preview with Lois looking at the wrecked Metallo and crying is wonderful.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Morrison still plotting Superman's stories without even being involved with DC anymore, lol.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Love that pic! Buds! Now thats a conversation I'd love to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Morrison still plotting Superman's stories without even being involved with DC anymore, lol.
    The puppet master, haha.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Well, Metallo's going to be a major villain, so it only makes sense.

Speaking of which, that preview with Lois looking at the wrecked Metallo and crying is wonderful.
    You know I didn’t even consider that the Kryptonite plot line and Metallo might be connected, that’s a great insight. I hope you’re right. I personally would prefer Metallo ditch the Kryptonite, that should be the domain of Lex and Clay Ramses/Kryptonite Man, but if he’s going to keep using it I wouldn’t mind some twists regarding its nature and his relationship with it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

This issue lists 4 artists. If we add last couple of issues then we get 6 different artists. 7 if we want to add Conduit backups. Such things shouldn't be happening on major Superman book and it detracts from the experience. I'm usually not this nitpicky about the art, but there are just too many visual inconsistencies for me when I tried reading last couple of issues and the finale in one go.

That being said this was flawed, but a good ending to a good story. Thou I'm still not sure about our traitor, he revealed what his plan was for Mongul, but I don't really understand how it would have worked out if Superman actually gave up the fire to Mongul.

I'm also thinking that maybe they should have done Conduit's return in the upcoming issues. These backups ended up being rather irrelevant (Natasha could have figured out things on her own) and I feel like those last three pages would have hit much harder if we haven't seen Lois since Clark left.

Overall I liked the ending although I agree with HsssH that having so many artists for the finale hurt it. I love Federeci’s art but they need to find a dedicated secondary artist who can stick with the book and help keep consistency.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    Fantastic cover. Reminds me of my old man's vinyl collections.
    Indeed! I could see this as a cover for the likes of Black Sabbath, Rush, Judas Priest, etc.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Incredible Member

Okay, read the finale. It was good, despite my continued issues with the Phaelosians yelling stuff like "For Superman" or "Superman is with us", or that things like Leonath's sacrifice would have really been a lot better if we had seen more with these characters to grow fond of them (like, say, in back-ups)

I'll post general thoughts on the whole saga at some other point, but as of now:

- Mongul killing Othol and then Clark hope-inspiringly stabbing the corpse of a young child in the chest was almost hilariously dark. It worked, though.
    - Kryl pulled a Black Zetsu on Mongul. On the one hand, makes sense and explains his whole deal, with the epilogue tying it to presumably upcoming arcs; on the other, replacing a character with their own unique setting like Mongul with just another "Kryptonian" is a very boring choice.
    - The remaining members of Mongul's Unmade got a good end.
    - Is it just my idea, or did this issue try to replicate and invert the "Burn" panel from For The Man Who Has Everything without making it too obvious?
    - The very second Clark got his powers back, the fight was over. It seemed like Mongul wouldn't even try to continue. Not sure how I feel about this.

So only one real question I got following all this

spoilers:
    So does this mean that Jon now has two new adopted Siblings? Did the superfamily only just get bigger?
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So only one real question I got following all this

spoilers:
    So does this mean that Jon now has two new adopted Siblings? Did the superfamily only just get bigger?
    end of spoilers
    We’ll see come Kal-El Returns since the Phaelosians are going to be in that, and I’m assuming their final fate will be shown there.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

The too many artists bit is weird considering most other titles have a stable roster.

Batman, Jon's series, Nightwing, Flash, even Green Lantern has one artist penning both the Jo and John sections of the story despite that adding up to like 48 pages every month (granted the art wasn't good but you have to commend the consistency).

Makes you wonder what was going on behind the scenes for AC that they had to rely on so many artists.