Page 259 of 376 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263269309359 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 5626

“Red Moon”? Wonder what that’s going to be about. Glad PKJ gets to keep the backups from now on seemingly.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Are they changing Corben's origin? His sister implied she was there when he was in an accident that...seems like it lead him to becoming Metallo?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Are they changing Corben's origin? His sister implied she was there when he was in an accident that...seems like it lead him to becoming Metallo?
    Wouldn’t surprise me if so, but they might just be retconning her to have been present at the accident (whatever it was). Has Corben ever had a sister before? He had a brother, Roger Corben back during Pre-Crisis, but I don’t remember a sister for any of the incarnations.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    PKJ held a brief Twitter AMA, one of the things he mentioned is he doesn’t plan to use any Multiversal Supermen

After Dark Crisis I’m exhausted with the Multiverse as a concept so I don’t care/mind. Least he’s apparently having fun using the Superfamily.
    Now if only he'd remember Power Girl...
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Now if only he'd remember Power Girl...
    I think she might only allowed to be in the JSA story

Its kind of a weird thing where if a character is a member of a team they might not appear in their family books

Like how Bart Allen/Impulse hasn't appeared in Flash a lot because he's only every allowed to show up in Young Justice specific stuff

Wouldn’t surprise me if so, but they might just be retconning her to have been present at the accident (whatever it was). Has Corben ever had a sister before? He had a brother, Roger Corben back during Pre-Crisis, but I don’t remember a sister for any of the incarnations.
    I mean, he had a wife and kid in Man of Tomorrow, they just dredge up whatever family they need for us to sympathize with him .

I mean, he had a wife and kid in Man of Tomorrow, they just dredge up whatever family they need for us to sympathize with him .
    I thought you were talking about Venditti’s use of him in that MoT series, but you meant the animated MoT movie right? That was Parasite not Metallo but your point about them bringing in family members to humanize villains still stands. I was just wondering if Corben having a sister was a new approach for him and it seems it is since I don’t think we’ve ever explored his family before.

I thought you were talking about Venditti’s use of him in that MoT series, but you meant the animated MoT movie right? That was Parasite not Metallo but your point about them bringing in family members to humanize villains still stands. I was just wondering if Corben having a sister was a new approach for him and it seems it is since I don’t think we’ve ever explored his family before.
    It's a cheap trick, but it works.
    May we never forget:

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

It is incredibly pitiable seeing Metallo's state.

Rather sums up how utterly miserable it is to be a supervillain if you aren't a top dog rich fuck like Kingpin or Luthor.

Metallo is on the lower end of the supervillain life-style and the result is tragic. Really shows how sad it is to be a supervillain if you stay in the life long enough.

Incredible Member

So it wasn't Lois but some sort of Corben sister. I wonder if the Corben brother exists in this continuity.

Seems like Metallo's backstory will get a complete overhaul. At least, the way his sister spoke of what I assume was the incident that transformed him into Metallo resembled none of the origin stories I'm aware of. I hope their backstory doesn't just amount to "John Corben protected his sister from their abusive father", because at this point that'd be extremely cliched... though admittedly I don't know if we have a major Superman villain that plays with that trope.

Nice to see Johnson keeps the back-ups for a while longer. The Conduit back-up story wasn't all that good, but I have hope he can do better, and the name "Red Moon" is certainly intriguing. Lunar eclipse, perhaps, when the main feature is also titled after the sun and moon?

Dang it, I feel bad I got those mixed up .

Incredible Member

We finally get classic Superman returning to Earth and written PKJ, who has shown he's up to the task of writing the Superfam.

This is gonna be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    It is incredibly pitiable seeing Metallo's state.

Rather sums up how utterly miserable it is to be a supervillain if you aren't a top dog rich fuck like Kingpin or Luthor.

Metallo is on the lower end of the supervillain lifestyle and the result is tragic. Really shows how sad it is to be a supervillain if you stay in the life long enough.
    We seen something similar with Cyborg Superman who during the Sinestro corp war struck a friendship with the GODAMMED anti-monitor hoping we succeed so he can find a way to kill himself premedly

Dang it, I feel bad I got those mixed up .
    Recite six "Great Scotts" and four "Great Raos" as penance or else Sister Mary is going to whack you with the meter stick.
    May we never forget:

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

One thing I do hope is that when Kenan shows up, he isn't just always in the background and having only one or two lines and that he will get to actually play a role in the story. It could be very easy for them to have him show up and not give him any geniune moments.