Page 261 of 376 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271311361 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,915 of 5626
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Sure looks like it, I think Bendis had Superman place Kryptonian tech that would defend the building from attacks after he revealed himself, but I can’t remember where specifically that was said.
    Wasn't it to protect the Kents' farm?

I suppose the writer who came withthe idea of reveal Superman's identity don't believed that was necesary to adress.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Incredible Member

Phantom Zone technology is shown to protect the Daily Planet in the Synmar arc of Bendis' Superman run. I can't recall if it was explicitely mentioned that it protected other places, but I definitely assumed it did up until the Kent's farm got destroyed in Son of Kal-El.

Which out of universe is simply Taylor choosing to ignore a continuity detail for the sake of the story he wanted to tell, but in-universe it clearly means Clark cares more about the Daily Planet than about his parents =P

Yeah, I swear I read a scene where Clark was explaining the new defensive measures around the farm. If my memory is right then the Kents were protected and Taylor was just ignoring a relatively minor point of continuity. We could all pretend that Bendix somehow hacked those systems, but odds are Taylor just didn't know and/or forgot.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Reminder that Clark revealing his identity was an absolutely bone-headed move.

Like safety aside it also means the personal lives of his family was effectively ruined as now his son can't even attend college without being hassled.

I struggle to think of any legitimately redeeming aspects of Bendis' run.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Wasn't it to protect the Kents' farm?
    Found the page, Clark says it was the Planet and a few other places:

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Found the page, Clark says it was the Planet and a few other places:

Maybe PKJ will ignore it and will blow up the DP. It's not like it's of any use anymore in Superman comics.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I struggle to think of any legitimately redeeming aspects of Bendis' run.
    The pretty Ivan Reis art...?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Get in your pre-orders, this weekend is Final Order Cutoff for Action Comics 1048! Another exquisite Steve Beach cover, the return of BIBBO, and an epic throwdown between SUPERMAN and the NEW GODS!

#Superman #ActionComics #KalElReturns @DCComics @drinkpinkink @Paul_Kaminski
    https://twitter.com/phillipkjohnson/...9J6pSNbGhqC8yg

New Gods coming, both New Genesis and Apokoliptan:

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Maybe PKJ will ignore it and will blow up the DP. It's not like it's of any use anymore in Superman comics.
    I believe he mentioned that the Daily Planet will play a role in what’s to come. I’m hoping Jimmy Olsen gets to be involved.
    Last edited by Vordan; 09-30-2022 at 05:18 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

When did Metron get his chair back?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

A really fantastic issue that perfectly captured both Superman and Lex.

Kal’s number one concern after the Warworld ordeal is helping the refugees. While Lex looks to benefit from the aftermath and he explains to Corbin that the law does not apply to people like them. His pure egotism was just spot on.

I’ve never been a fan of Metallo as I usually find Kryptonite based villains boring, but damn did PKJ make me absolutely intrigued by what’s to come. Federici’s redesign was tragic and creepy. Amazing work all around. Very curious to see what an Orphan Box heart does for Metallo. Would it maybe give him the techgod power of New 52 Cyborg?

I’m hoping Project Blackout is Lex using Manchester to somehow make the world forget that Clark Kent is Superman. Only Lex would know.

https://twitter.com/phillipkjohnson/...9J6pSNbGhqC8yg

New Gods coming, both New Genesis and Apokoliptan:

Aahhh so excited!

Why is Orion always getting portrayed as an antagonist lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Orion is a noble warrior but he’s also got a legendary temper and will fight anyone if it comes to it. More so if Mother Box isn’t able to keep his savage side in check.

I’m wonder why he’s fighting alongside Kalibak. Guess we’ll find out.

Orion is the son of Darkseid who despite having a heart of gold is quick to anger

that and the majority of the time it because he has written by Tom King whom he said that Orion is his least favorite character in DC since "He was raised in Heaven but kept on winning about his life"

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    When did Metron get his chair back?
    He had the chair in King’s Mister Miracle mini, which is dubiously canon. Metron explicitly taking the chair back has never been shown, but he was resurrected during Death Metal.
    He is as powerful as Superman so it’s not surprising people like to pit him against Supes. I’d prefer they team up but their conflict seems to be centered around Kal’s use of Olgrun’s Fire on Warworld.