Page 28 of 376 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Would be cool if we actually saw that.
    Thought that was the thing people loved about Rebirth. If that didn’t sell you on it, that’s Tomasi and Jurgens’ fault. Rebirth was pretty much the Clark & Jon show with Clark training Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    exactly, that garbage fire of a story legitimately hurts my ability to enjoy all 3 characters in the main universe. Its a stain on all of them.
    Well considering Johns, Jurgens, and Tomasi eliminated any suffering or screwups from Superman by restoring more or less the Byrne Superman who had everything delivered to him on a platter, a screw up of that magnitude works well to show how flawed Clark & Lois are.
    Last edited by Vordan; 12-20-2020 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Thought that was the thing people loved about Rebirth. If that didn’t sell you on it, that’s Tomasi and Jurgens’ fault. Rebirth was pretty much the Clark & Jon show with Clark training Jon.

Well considering Johns, Jurgens, and Tomasi eliminated any suffering or screwups from Superman by restoring more or less the Byrne Superman who had everything delivered to him on a platter, a screw up of that magnitude works well to show how flawed Clark & Lois are.
    Then came Bendis lol

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Then came Bendis lol
    Indeed, then came Bendis the Defiler.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Indeed, then came Bendis the Defiler.
    Everything changed when Bendis began to write

Plenty of ways to have Clark screw up in ways that make sense. This didn't even accomplish that, given that Bendis repeatedly pushed the ridiculous narrative that what happened between Lois, Jon and Jor-El was nobody's fault, ugh.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

So the only thing I'm kind of aware of with Johnson is he's writing the Last God for Black Label. Is that any good? I've been meaning to get the trade whenever it's out because using the label to explore other genres should be encouraged.

Honestly, I expect Challenge of the Supersons to pull a Superman & Lois and crush the main Superman books in sales.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    So the only thing I'm kind of aware of with Johnson is he's writing the Last God for Black Label. Is that any good? I've been meaning to get the trade whenever it's out because using the label to explore other genres should be encouraged.
    He’s done a bunch of stories in Annuals and what not, but The Last God and TotDM: Batman Hush issues were very good at worldbuilding while also telling a compressed story from what I’ve seen. Makes me excited to read his Future State stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Honestly, I expect Challenge of the Supersons to pull a Superman & Lois and crush the main Superman books in sales.
    Not likely. Super Sons was down in the 30ks pretty quickly and I just checked ComiXology, the first Challenge issue didn’t even make the top 10. Jurgens Lois & Clark was a brand new series while the New 52 issues were up in the 30s, of course it initially far outsold them. Whether it could’ve sustained those kinds of sales is another matter.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Plenty of ways to have Clark screw up in ways that make sense. This didn't even accomplish that, given that Bendis repeatedly pushed the ridiculous narrative that what happened between Lois, Jon and Jor-El was nobody's fault, ugh.
    Yeah, I'm not against flaws if they make sense with the character and within the narrative, but not if it comes off nonsensically or make the character look really bad, let alone just get dropped as just "not that big a deal."

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    The book never blew up the monthly sales charts. Maybe trades, but it was a case of a very loud, small fanbase.

Hey so anyone who wants to get a feel for what Johnson will be doing in his Future State books, and what to expect for his Superman run, here’s two books that feature done in one storytelling from him. I picked them because they’re chock full of worldbuilding while also managing to tell a story:

Read the Aquaman and Hush books and they’re both great, going to read The Last God when the last two issues come out.

Hey so anyone who wants to get a feel for what Johnson will be doing in his Future State books, and what to expect for his Superman run, here’s two books that feature done in one storytelling from him. I picked them because they’re chock full of worldbuilding while also managing to tell a story:

Read the Aquaman and Hush books and they’re both great, going to read The Last God when the last two issues come out.
    Oh he did that Aquaman annual? Dope! I've heard great things about The Last God as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Oh he did that Aquaman annual? Dope! I've heard great things about The Last God as well.
    Yeah I’m going through a bunch of stuff he did that I didn’t remember for him. His Aquaman stuff was a good spin on the typical spoilers:
    Black Mercy
    end of spoilers story. He’s done a bunch of stories in anthologies too. He did an Animal Man story, a Batman story, a Batman & Green Arrow story, a Green Arrow & Black Canary story, and a Sinestro story in New Year’s Evil. So far all the stuff I’ve read makes me think he’ll do a good job.

Yeah I’m going through a bunch of stuff he did that I didn’t remember for him. His Aquaman stuff was a good spin on the typical spoilers:
    Black Mercy
    end of spoilers story. He’s done a bunch of stories in anthologies too. He did an Animal Man story, a Batman story, a Batman & Green Arrow story, a Green Arrow & Black Canary story, and a Sinestro story in New Year’s Evil. So far all the stuff I’ve read makes me think he’ll do a good job.
    He did that one too? Damn, you're killing me.

Alright man, now sell me on Deathstroke. I'm halfway interested because I enjoyed Superman's guest spot in it, so seal the deal.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    The book never blew up the monthly sales charts. Maybe trades, but it was a case of a very loud, small fanbase.
    The books were doing as good as supergirl and was better than legion and young justice.Make of that what you will.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-20-2020 at 09:57 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"