Page 282 of 376 FirstFirst ... 182232272278279280281282283284285286292332 ... LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 5626

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Well, he debuted again some issues later, with basically the same origin and a cosmetic change:
    Attachment 126336

But in the new52, he keep his visual, but his origin was changed into something diferent, as a guy who created the armor of Alpha Centurion to give himself superpowers:

I suppose than PKJ is talking about the time lost roman origi than the New52 version.

(EDIT: I made a mistake, wrong image downloade. Corrected).
    That’s a pretty cool update and yeah PKJ is definitely planning to use the classic take if he’s going for use the character at all given he used a pic of the classic Centurion.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Action #1049 is out! Thoughts:

-Even split up into seven it seems like Olgrun’s consciousness lives on in his Aspects. Osul has to be careful when using his power lest the Old God takes control of his body
    -This issue is where PKJ is starting to try and fold in some of the manga influence into the fight scenes he talked about, but I don’t think Perkins is the best at that sort of thing. Sandoval should hopefully be better.
    -Tracy isn’t dead! And Metallo’s turn back to villainy remains unwilling, but he also kills a guy who was, well not “kind” exactly but treated him more humanely than the rest, shows how ruthless he remains
    -Orion and the New Gods retreat for now but clearly there’s unfinished business there that will show up again
    -Warworld finally departs, Thao goes with the Phaelosians to New Phaelosia, my only question is if any of the Warworlders actually got to stay on Earth the way some of them hoped. It doesn’t explicitly say but I am assuming the answer is yes given the talk about refugee backlash and the “Blue Earth movement” teased at in the solicits
    -Finally we found out who was Lex’s mole, to no one’s surprise it was Manchester Black. Alas it looks like he willingly chose to help Lex, and now he wants to part ways given he helped Lex get his hands on a corpse of one of Mongul’s undead super soldiers and an Orphan Box. Damn I guess that’s what’s going to be powering Metallo’s new body huh? And just like Metallo, Lex has no intention of allowing Black the option to walk away. Needs Black for Project: Blackout and now he’s got him under his control. Maybe you guys speculating that this will end with Superman’s secret id entity back under wraps somehow are right.

Really excited to see the grand finale next issue!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Are they planning to release a Deluxe edition of PKJ's Warworld saga, or an Omnibus? I may break the piggy bank for a superhero book after some years. Maybe.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    Are they planning to release a Deluxe edition of PKJ's Warworld saga, or an Omnibus? I may break the piggy bank for a superhero book after some years. Maybe.
    Nothing officially announced just yet but PKJ has indicated that yes he does think that a Warworld Saga HC collection or Omnibus is coming.

Misleading cover aside, it was a fun issue. I hope this doesn’t mean spoilers:
    Manchester’s alliance with Superman is already over for good.
    end of spoilers He’s a great supporting character for Supes.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Misleading cover aside, it was a fun issue. I hope this doesn’t mean spoilers:
    Manchester’s alliance with Superman is already over for good.
    end of spoilers He’s a great supporting character for Supes.
    I wonder if they’re potentially taking him off the board so that if DC does do an Authority book, they can bring in Jenny.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I wonder if they’re potentially taking him off the board so that if DC does do an Authority book, they can bring in Jenny.
    I think they are different enough that they could coexist, but I’m also completely fine with the way Jenny Sparks ended. I can’t see DC coming up with a way to bring her back in a satisfying way. She was the spirit of the last century after all.
    Jenny Quantum on the other hand still has a lot of untapped potential and is completely different from Manchester Black.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Nothing officially announced just yet but PKJ has indicated that yes he does think that a Warworld Saga HC collection or Omnibus is coming.
    Sure would look good in my bookcase next to the Last God hardcover. May soon need a dedicated PKJ/Federici section.

But man, Warworld omni/hardcover has so much potential for additional material, background info, more of Clark's journal, etc.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Sure would look good in my bookcase next to the Last God hardcover. May soon need a dedicated PKJ/Federici section.

But man, Warworld omni/hardcover has so much potential for additional material, background info, more of Clark's journal, etc.
    Yeah it would be pretty sick if it was an original Federici cover as well.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Really hope this Unblooded Sword title lasts long enough to join all the other iconic Superman titles.

Another thought about Black: the last time he and Lex interacted that I know of was in Ending Battle, which of course ended in Black wiping knowledge of the secret identity from everybody else’s mind. Not saying the same thing will happen here but it’s a possibility, despite PKJ saying he likes the secret identity being open, editorial can always overrule him.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah it would be pretty sick if it was an original Federici cover as well.
    I told PKJ on Twitter that he should push to get that Steve Beach cover done for the Warworld Apocalypse one shot used as an omnibus cover and I still think that would be the best choice short of getting Federeci back to do an original cover like you suggest.

As usual this was a great issue.

PKJ said in an interview, he had to slow down some plot point so he could hit a pivotal moment in 1050, and this issue was the first one where I actually felt something was hold back, but it was still good.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Great issue, Perkins is a dope artist. Especially loved the visuals with Metallo's eyes.

I like Lex's comment that Black even though he's the mole has softened being around Superman for so long. Its sweet considering what a cynical bastard he is.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Superman fans really hate cynics.They should also hate lois then?..The unblooded sword....The difference these stories and rurouni kenshin or daredevil or any of the other stories is the lack of diverse viewpoints,which really makes the stories blind hero worship.

Why is hero worshipping superman good and mongul bad?For that matter why is hero worshipping as a concept good?what does clark think of hero worshipping?Where is "hajime saito" for superman?no answers given.
    Does superman family have diverse thought processess,ideologies,working style,motives..etc(i hope they do)?

I still say manchester black>>>>>>superman family..I don't care if superman is holy knight or lord and savior or not.I want people who generally think clark is full of **** around him.I am atleast glad manchester didn't turn "true believer".I welcomed a cast member who was irreverent.Lex being back is welcome.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-22-2022 at 09:19 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Unbloooded sword = green scar

We all need heroes

So anyone want to talk about supermans use of his bio aura here against kalibak?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Great issue, Perkins is a dope artist. Especially loved the visuals with Metallo's eyes.

I like Lex's comment that Black even though he's the mole has softened being around Superman for so long. Its sweet considering what a cynical bastard he is.
    Yeah if not for the gray color painting I’d probably go for Perkins depiction where he looks like a cybernetic zombie as his default look. Guessing Sandoval will be the one to design his final appearance, and I love that guy’s art so I’m expecting to finally get a Metallo design I can get behind. Fingers crossed.