Page 295 of 376 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295296297298299305345 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,425 of 5626
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dagothoth View Post
    Explain yourself

Ultra-Humanite has a grandson?

HOW!!??
    He takes over bodies and is very old..he should have tons of kids.

it's wierd.His grandson is the son of a legend.the monkey king who was born from a rock when sky and earth met.. That's just bonkers.what a wierd family.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    He takes over bodies and is very old..he should have tons of kids.

it's wierd.His grandson is the son of a legend.the monkey king who was born from a rock when sky and earth met.. That's just bonkers.what a wierd family.
    By superhero standards, that is like the archetypical family.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    By superhero standards, that is like the archetypical family.
    not really.superheroes are more of "i am a god/alien/pixie/fairy/demon/whatever frankenstein monster mankind has thought off" or some "outlandish pseudo scientific nonsense gave me powers" or even "my parents died and i am rich genius" or combinations of these things..

This right here.. is wierd as hell.It's crazy to think ultrahumanite chooses a gorilla thing as muscle body(the connection shouldn't be surprising).It's a combination 1940's superhero(villain) and an old chinese novel.The kid hates superheroes,makes fun em and is constantly stuck with best of em.His parents are henchmen for supervillains.His adoptive grandfather is the "first" supervillain.His mentor is the pig sidekick of his father who is himself is from an old legend..

him being son of the monkey king would standard superhero..but this..this something else.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-08-2022 at 10:08 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

I'm up for Marcus popping up in Action Comics. He'd get along with Team Super. He and Kenan would be a hoot together.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-08-2022 at 12:38 PM.

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    not really.superheroes are more of "i am a god/alien/pixie/fairy/demon/whatever frankenstein monster mankind has thought off" or some "outlandish pseudo scientific nonsense gave me powers" or even "my parents died and i am rich genius" or combinations of these things..

This right here.. is wierd as hell.It's crazy to think ultrahumanite chooses a gorilla thing as muscle body(the connection shouldn't be surprising).It's a combination 1940's superhero(villain) and an old chinese novel.The kid hates superheroes,makes fun em and is constantly stuck with best of em.His parents are henchmen for supervillains.His adoptive grandfather is the "first" supervillain.His mentor is the pig sidekick of his father who is himself is from an old legend..

him being son of the monkey king would standard superhero..but this..this something else.
    Totally agree with you. It's so off the wall and out of the ordinary. I really love the novelty of it! The monkey Prince should definitely show up!

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post

A recent talk with PKJ by The Aspiring Kryptonian not too much in regards to Conner but interesting in Action it seems his main relationship on Team Super will be with Kenan PKJ noting how similar they are and turning them into something of a duo as they try to work around the language barrier, seems that everyone going to be broken up into their own little groups with who they mainly interact with, Kara with Natasha and Jon with the twins, again it seems the whole idea of Conner wanting to be "Clark's son" was a misunderstanding and all the jealousy and sibling drama is centered around Jon's feeling that his parents have somewhat replaced him in his mind.

Still not sure this is going to work out despite PKJ insistence of how he's going to give everyone their due as a team of 8 is simply too big to work in a monthly title and we've already seen with his War World crew that balancing a large cast isn't one of his strong suits as most of them spent the arc either captured, off-screen or just "there" by end but I've always felt Kenan and Conner would make a fun duo so even if does end up mostly being a minor thing in the background I'm sure I'll get some enjoyment out of it, maybe if Conner's mini takes off and becomes an ongoing he come back to bring Kenan to space with him.
    Figured I’d copy walk’s summary of the PKJ interview over here too. There’s probably more in the interview but walk lets us know that Kon and Kenan will be paired together which makes me happy, and Kenan is still not proficient in English. Be cool if they kept Yang’s usage of color coding dialogue that’s spoken in different languages despite being translated for readers.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Figured I’d copy walk’s summary of the PKJ interview over here too. There’s probably more in the interview but walk lets us know that Kon and Kenan will be paired together which makes me happy, and Kenan is still not proficient in English. Be cool if they kept Yang’s usage of color coding dialogue that’s spoken in different languages despite being translated for readers.
    I hope PKJ does that. I can see Kenan and Kon grating on each other and trying to outdo each other, which could be fun to watch play out.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope PKJ does that. I can see Kenan and Kon grating on each other and trying to outdo each other, which could be fun to watch play out.
    Definitely think the two of them will be rivals with each other which could be fun. Kon using his TTK and Kenan leaning into his chi powers as they try to outdo each other would work well with PKJ’s aim to make the Supers fight in ways beyond just punching. Also Kara and Nat be paired together upon reflection makes sense too. Both are from science heavy families although Nat is following in her uncle’s footsteps while Kara is on a very different path from her own dad.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

PKJ interviewed by Comics By Perch

https://twitter.com/phillipkjohnson/...luBXfJMBuL_6aA
    WINDS OF CHANGE, by Lois Lane

"Most Metropolis historians delineate the city's history into two time periods: the time before #Superman's coming, and the time after."

From #ACTIONCOMICS #1051, art by the great @RafaSandoval & @MattHerms. FOC is upon us, get in your pre-orders!

Goddamn, Sandoval’s Steel looks so cool, but I need DC to 180 on Kenan’s haircut like they did on Kara’s

Only the patriarchs wear capes.

Also, yeah, Kenan's hair is terrible.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://twitter.com/phillipkjohnson/...luBXfJMBuL_6aA

Goddamn, Sandoval’s Steel looks so cool, but I need DC to 180 on Kenan’s haircut like they did on Kara’s
    I like how more put together the Superman family is here compared to the Batfamily.

At least Superman doesn't have to deal with uppity family members who want to prove how wrong he is.

Also just realized that’s a blatant Kingdom Come homage, specifically this:

All these homages and nods to KC appearing, Waid back at DC and maybe doing stories directly connected to that, Gunn posting that Kingdom Come art… just can’t shake the feeling something is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I like how more put together the Superman family is here compared to the Batfamily.

At least Superman doesn't have to deal with uppity family members who want to prove how wrong he is.
    If anyone gets that role it’s going to be Conner.

Two-tone steel color for John Henry, I like it, homage to his best costume.

And yeah, I'm sensing some KC inspired event coming as well. A direct sequel, a reimagining, or something.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Two-tone steel color for John Henry, I like it, homage to his best costume.

And yeah, I'm sensing some KC inspired event coming as well. A direct sequel, a reimagining, or something.
    My favorite Steel outfit is this one (just needed the s-shield):

That the one you’re referring to? I can see some influence from that in Sandoval’s now that you mention it.

Both PKJ and Williamson have alluded that they’re going to be building up to something big, whether it’s two separate events or connected I couldn’t say. But Waid’s fingerprints are all over Superman right now, guess that’s what happens when the head Superbooks editor likes you.